Capturing Capital City

warpnet

Chieftain
Hi,

If someone knows, I want to learn that when capturing a capital city of any civilization, there is nothing changes except you got the capital city. but in older version Civ I , you remember that civilizations split into 2 parts and a new civilization appears.

I am not sure if this is a stupid question, but I met with new versions of civilization nowadays. So I am very newbie at this point.

thanks

Yes, that is one of the changes. Now you just capture the city and it joins your civ. Any Great Wonders in that city remain although they no longer produce culture. Other culture-producing improvements disappear.

If the other civ still has any cities remaining, their palace will jump. If the capital was their last city, they are wiped out unless they have a settler floating around in a boat somewhere.

Thank you, but how do you think that like in CIV I if you capture capital, the ethnic groups revolt and appearing a new civilization? isnt is realistic?

thank you

@ warpnet

I totally agree it would be more fun and realistic, but sadly it isn't in Civ 3. The only effect it might have in Civ3 is that cultural defections are more likely if the capital falls, but it could be just a rumor.Read it several times, but cannot confirm or disproof it from my experience.

Pfeffersack said:
@ warpnet

I totally agree it would be more fun and realistic, but sadly it isn't in Civ 3. The only effect it might have in Civ3 is that cultural defections are more likely if the capital falls, but it could be just a rumor.Read it several times, but cannot confirm or disproof it from my experience.

That is, if you can hold the newly captured capital city. It isn't easy keeping a capitol in IA or MA when you haven't captured 'nearly' all neighboring city's. In a war against the :mad: Germans I captured and lost Berlin three times. Not because I hadn't properly occupied it, mind you (at least first time). It flipped back with a contingent of about 8 rifleman. I got ticked, so I razed all neigboring city's in the next 4 or 5 turns.

That was such a gem when you could do that. Even if you were well behind your rivals you could muster up enough units to take out the capital and be a real thorn in their side.

Hey, maybe one to suggest for Civ4 Warpnet. Perhaps as a pre-game option at least :)

Thanks guys :) So , is there a official place to make real suggestions for the newcoming Civ strategies ? I am sure that there are a lot of people playing this strategy since the time it was first released and having a lot of ideas to suggest .

Warpnet

Top Bottom