help we need help

Jccby1235

Chieftain
we need to find out how to make a lot of money while protecting our city with axe men/speer men

Don't build too many troops, use siege to wear down opponents, build barracks in all cities producing troops ( so you need less troops), try to get a tech lead (you need less troops), build cottages, get happiness ASAP (by hooking up resources, for example).

You need to fog bust.If your enemy is not barbarians then you need to build walls and barracks.Spears are good for defense,but try to grab archery if you can.

Then bulb or tech currency so you get can markets and trade routes.

Depends what civ you play as though.If you play as Rome then you get a Great people bonus of 25%...

All in all if its to smart to be a bot,plus it has like 4 posts.

We need to know how to make money while protecting our city from stronger units like axemen barbarians :D please help us!

Well not sure what the bot thing is about, but regarding the question I find that you want one of your first two or so cities to be a financial city. Your capital is great in this way since with Bureaucracy it’s very powerful. Lots of cottages are pretty much a must there. This will allow you to be able to fund your early expansion/units, and as you grow more so do the cottages so it’s very helpful.

The Great Wall is the perfect solution.
Otherwise, build their counter unit: Chariots vs. axemen, axemen vs. spearmen.
If you don't have copper yet, then, you can build archers with Combat 1 and Shock.
Also, some empires have improved Unique Units to use in dealing with barbarians.
Inca - quechas start with Combat1 and 100% vs archers,
Mali and Babylonia's UU are archers and work well against all barbs when defending a city. Skirmishers work well pretty much anywhere.
Persia and Egypt's UU are chariots, which work well vs. axemen. Persia works well vs archers too.
Any Protective Leader will start your archers off with City Defense1 and Drill1, improving their chances of defending your city and can build walls faster, if you need those.

Native America does very well at dealing with barbs.
They have a PRO leader, so the above applies, plus their Unique building monument grants +3xp to their archers. This means 2 promotions above the City1 & Drill1. So, City3 for your City defenders and Combat1 & Shock for your defenders on open tiles. Guerilla1 & 2 for archers defending copper, iron, gold etc, that appear on hills.
Their UU is an axeman that doesn't need copper and has +100% vs. melee. So, barb axemen and spearmen are easier to defend against, especially when on a hill or forest tile and when you might not have a chance to hook up your copper yet.

In my current game, I have Unrestricted leaders checked and chose Montezuma of Maya.
My AGG trait gives my Holkans Combat 1. I got the random event that grants cover to all melee units. So, my next promotions are Shock and Combat2. Holkans are immune to first strikes, so they are great archer killers and are already great chariot killers vs the AIs.

Moderator Action: Posts deleted. This is a general warning. If you think a report is a bot, then report it. Otherwise, don't antagonize a user if their English/grammar is poor. Not everyone speaks English as a first language. Constantly hounding someone who can't type English by calling them a bot is trolling.

we need to find out how to make a lot of money while protecting our city with axe men/speer men

We need to know how to make money while protecting our city from stronger units like axemen barbarians :D please help us!

I am willing to accept that the poster is of the human variety, but I can't figure out why they are creating identical posts.

^They need help! They lost their dictionary; and have no clue how to plan a strategy w/out your direct help! Even with a whole library of tried and true data /strategies in one convienient place...Almost as if there was a bunch of fanatics all in constant commune with one another...

---
Also, I suppose 2 archers and an axeman per border city should do it. Limit the military and try not to piss off somebody. Focus on alpha, currency, and your mining industry... just in case you want my opinion.

Get currency and dont make that much units and put some cities on wealth instead to upgrade warriors and axes to mace in peace.

When you refer to yourself as 'we' or 'us' one might be led to believe they are communicating with a hive of Borg.
I think it was a "royal we".

Top Bottom