Germanicus on the Rhine

JPetroski

Deity
SLeague Staff
EDIT - THIS SCENARIO HAS BEEN RELEASED

http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php/Germanicus_on_the_Rhine

The introduction screen:

The Army of the Lower Rhine, poised to cross into Germany on a major punitive expedition:

The Army of the Upper Rhine, awaiting orders to either join the northern raid, or prepare a southern one:

A poet on his way to Italy to tell Tiberius just how wonderful you are.

Germany can be a pretty dangerous place... Ambushes await you 'round every corner!

I have had a lot of fun building this scenario, and am looking forward to releasing it. Any questions or comments are more than welcome!

I'm up to Turn 31 now and I'm still not sure if I will meet the criteria. I have about half the cites I need, but less than half the scenario to go. I have no recovered Eagles and I lost two of my Legions and an eagle. No sign of Arminius either and to cap it all it's winter again!

I'm up to Turn 31 now and I'm still not sure if I will meet the criteria. I have about half the cites I need, but less than half the scenario to go. I have no recovered Eagles and I lost two of my Legions and an eagle. No sign of Arminius either and to cap it all it's winter again!

I feel somewhat bad for you as you will face a problem Agricola did not: even if you should find an Eagle now, it you decide to restart, there is no guarantee it will be in the same spot!

I'm not sure what you mean by, "I lost two of my Legions and an eagle." If you lost two legions, you should have lost two eagles... Which ones did you lose? I need to look into this...

When you send or post your report, could you please try to remember the rough order of your tech research? Thanks.

I have kept a note of the Techs, though next time I plan a completely different order of research. I won't spoil things by revealing my mistakes and new ideas in this post but I will e-mail them to you as soon as I have finished.

I lost Legio 1 and there was a message about the effects of A.L.R. being cancelled. I also lost Legio XX (I'm going to be sent back to Rome in a cage and fed to lions!) but I'm pretty sure no visible event triggered. I guess a wonder could have been made obsolete but no notification popped up. I have kept a save at the end of every turn so you can replicate roughhly what I did!

Ah, ok, well, I'll need to double check the actual files, but in the excel sheet at least, losing the 20th means an increase in revolt risk (IE, chance for pollution). You have essentially received the tech "Automobile."

Well, the latest playtest report is in, and some tweaks have been made. I anticipate releasing Germanicus this weekend. Hopefully, American friends can go watch "The Eagle" on Friday and play this on Saturday. Not sure when the film debuts for the rest of the world :)

Well, the latest playtest report is in, and some tweaks have been made. I anticipate releasing Germanicus this weekend. Hopefully, American friends can go watch "The Eagle" on Friday and play this on Saturday. Not sure when the film debuts for the rest of the world :)

Also try Centurion on DVD. Its set in Scotland but it will get you in the mood for some limb chopping Gladius action. A pal of mine was a sparky on the set so please support the British film industry ;)

I also recommend you listen to the song IX Legion by Suidakra ;)

Melodic folk metal, that's a new one on me, but I quite like it!

This scenario has been released. Please see the first post for a link. I plan on offering some post-release support, but the majority of my Civ2 time will now be devoted to "Over the Reich."

Enjoy :)

Great news John. I'm about half way through my second play-test and I was going to contact you to say that everything is working perfectly, the balance seems right, the only minor issue was the Para-drop/Staging area text, but it looks like that is sorted now. Great work mate :goodjob:

Downloaded it, and got a question. The bridge of the upper rhine army at mongontiacum is not finished, means i cannot cross the rhine there, is this on purpose ?

And you missed a pink spot in the forest in your terrain2.bmp file.

Downloaded it, and got a question. The bridge of the upper rhine army at mongontiacum is not finished, means i cannot cross the rhine there, is this on purpose ?

And you missed a pink spot in the forest in your terrain2.bmp file.

Yes this is on purpose. It becomes available in a season or two.

I'll change the pink spot, but think I'm going to hold off on re-uploading until there are a few more issues :)

I´ve just downloaded your scenario and played a few turns. It´s looking really great and makes fun to play. :goodjob:

With your permission I would like to adopt some ideas from your scenario. :)

You don't need my permission, Civunits, any "idea" has probably been used a hundred times before :)

Top Bottom