Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > OTHER GAMES > Total War

Notices

Old Mar 21, 2011, 09:17 PM   #1
The_Tyrant
Values Guardian

Napoleon Total War

So, what is the general consensus on NTW? In what ways has it improved itself over Empire? I know people have criticized it for it's lack of playability with France being the only playable country, but I'm more concerned over bugs, battle and campaign AI, and just the general atmosphere of the game.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Dachs
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tyrant View Post
I know people have criticized it for it's lack of playability with France being the only playable country,
That's totally and hilariously untrue. France, the UK, Prussia, Russia, and Austria are all playable.
Dachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:09 PM   #3
The_Tyrant
Values Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachs View Post
That's totally and hilariously untrue. France, the UK, Prussia, Russia, and Austria are all playable.
Okay, let me rephrase. People have criticized it for it's lack of playability with France being the only playable country in two of the three campaigns. Anyway, I'm not concerned about that since I prefer to play as the French. What I am concerned about is whether or not the AI has been improved and whether the game has been patched enough.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:12 AM   #4
Dodge_272
Warlord

Well as two of the campaigns (Italy and Egypt) are stories told from Napoleon's point of view, and the game is called Napoleon Total War, it is somewhat of an unfair criticism to say that France is the only playable country in these campaigns.
Dodge_272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Owen Glyndwr
The Genius

Not really. Rome: Total War has Rome's name in it, but you can play as plenty of other factions. But yes, as Dachs said, there is a grand campaign available in which you can play has other factions.

As to your other points, from what I hear it is a vast improvement over ETW, with the AI actually being competent and many of the bugs from the earlier, prepatched days (those have since been fixed in ETW) are not there. By all accounts, it is definitely worth the buy, although I have also heard that S2TW is simply phenomenal, so maybe you should look into that one instead, assuming you have the rig for it.
[21:25] <+Anonymoose> You sure are. Like a cool cat. Cooler, perhaps. I shouldn't get hasty about it, but I'm pretty comfortable in saying that you're as cool as a cool cat, with a standard deviation of .3 cool points.
My mission to see 1081 great movies before I die - Last Updated 11/29/12 - #43 Pinocchio (1940)
New url! http://1081movies.blogspot.com

(old reviews) http://1081beforeyoudie.blogspot.com
Owen Glyndwr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Maniacal
the green Napoleon

Rome: Total War also only has one campaign.