The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the link says it's not the air conditioning causing the benzene. The part that's true is that benzene exposure is harmful.

Anyway Cutlass can start the new thread.

This really depends a lot on just what the layout of the place is like. I would really need to know more. Is the house on blocks of some kind? Does it have a crawlspace foundation? Are there any openings between the area under the house to the living areas? A picture would help. Smoke, say as in a fireworks smoke bomb, won't harm the house so long as it is used in a way where it can't possibly set anything on fire. But if there's air transfer, it could stink up the place.

The house in on a cement foundation, with a crawlspace yes.

Anyone else gotten that strange email about air-conditioners in cars and benzene? According to snopes, it's legit.

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/benzene.asp

Well, you should always open your car windows first if the interior of the car is very hot in any case. You get the car moving, and all the air inside the car that is hotter than the air outside it gets swapped around. Once your car interior is at the same temp as the outside air, then you close your windows and start the AC. Your AC, and therefor your gas tank, is saved a bit of work that way.

Actually, the link says it's not the air conditioning causing the benzene. The part that's true is that benzene exposure is harmful.

Anyway Cutlass can start the new thread.

I can? I really can?

1000th post. Those are the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom