Other Games

Do you agree with the reorganization described in the OP?

• Yes

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
I think we also suggested putting Spore, RoN, GCII, and Total War into the All Other Games Forum, as they don't have enough traffic to warrant their own subforums. We also suggested making Forum Games its own subforum, not inside All Other Games- it has nearly as many posts as the rest of All Other Games combined, and that's not counting the missing two years or so from when the database overloaded.

+1 vote

I agree with the above. It would make a lot of sense, and cut some of the clutter.

The current layout of the Other Games forum is in dire need of reorganization. There are sub forums that get hardly any traffic, and their are sub forums of the sub forums that get a lot of traffic. With this in mind, I think a list of sub forums that get enough traffic to warrant their own sub forum should be made. Here is my opinion on the matter:

Active Sub-Forums: - Sub forums that get enough traffic to have their own sub forum - Alpha Centauri, Never Ending Stories, All Other Games, Forum Games

Inactive Sub-Forums: - Sub forums that do not get enough traffic to have their own sub forum - Spore, Sid Meier's Railroads!, Galactic Civilizations II, Rise of Nations, Total War, Chess, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Colonization, Master of Orion, Call to Power Series

Now that has been sorted out, it's easier to see how the Other Games forum should be organized (or at least, in my opinion):

EDIT: Draw Your Own Story should be moved to the Arts and Entertainment forum, and I don't really care about whether forum games gets post count enabled or not - the mods can decide that.

This is genius. I am Darth Caesar and I approve this plan. :goodjob:

Unfortunately, the staff members don't give 2 ****s what we approve.
EDIT-My apologies, I deserve that infraction.

Roll to Dodge is not a "Spam Game" as a moderator of such a game, I resent this accusation! :p

It would also be nice to be able to hide specific subforums that are under All other Games as the only one I am interested in is Total War and the others just take up screen space i have to scroll past.

It would also be nice to be able to hide specific subforums that are under All other Games as the only one I am interested in is Total War and the others just take up screen space i have to scroll past.

I have the same annoyance. And to a littler extent, this extends to my minor beef with the toolbar thing at the top that fills up with the names of users that are currently viewing any particular section.

This thread just got a :bump:.

Agreed. It's a forum which you have to post a lot in, so the posts shouldn't count (especially those in SPAM games :lol:)

I have created two new subforums in AOG: Mafia/NOTW, and Imperium OffTopicum. I have moved the obvious (to me) threads. Let us moderators know which other ones need moved.

You forgot to move Iron and Blood to the IOT section. Other than that, it's looking great! Thanks for agreeing to this..... :D

I have created two new subforums in AOG: Mafia/NOTW, and Imperium OffTopicum. I have moved the obvious (to me) threads. Let us moderators know which other ones need moved.
All of the (mini-)Mafia and (mini-)NotW threads mentioned in their respective info threads could be moved…

In my IOT Developmental thread, I mentioned the four "original" IOT's played before player organization, those should be moved in.

Just searching IOT/Imperium OffTopicum in the forum games forum will bring up a lot of IOT games that could be moved.

I can provide links if you want.

EDIT: Still no postcount? :(

Top Bottom