Warmusic

Civciv5

Grand Emperor
I uploaded this mod.
This is a mod that adds unique diplomacy war music(music that plays when you are at war with someone)
Most of the leaders now have unique war music.
I have also added Wu Zetian(why?China realy deserves three leaders)
Some leaders have no unique war music(most of the music is from Civ5 and others I could find)
-Shaka
-Zara Yacob
-Willem van Oranje
-Boudica
-Brennus
-Joao II

Enjoy!:D
PS:don't us ANY of this music in your mod or any other thing you are going to upload
without asking my permission
Oops!I named this thread"warmuic" maybe a moderator can change the name of my thread to "warmusic".

(...)
Some leaders have no unique war music(most of the music is from Civ5 and others I could find)
(...)
PS:don't us ANY of this music in your mod or any other thing you are going to upload
(...)

Do you own the copy rights of all this music?
You say most of the music is from Civ5 and others. Do I really need your permission :confused:
BTW the music is nice :)

You know the reason you upload is not really so people should ask for permission everytime they like to use it... insted you should ask them to add credit to you, which IMO is way better.

You know the reason you upload is not really so people should ask for permission everytime they like to use it... insted you should ask them to add credit to you, which IMO is way better.
Yes,maybe you're right.It must be one of the two.Sometimes there is a mod and the author does not know who he does to give credit:"I don't know the authors name".
I hope people do not forget who published the mod.
BTW the music is nice :)
Thanks!

Yes,maybe you're right.It must be one of the two.Sometimes there is a mod and the author does not know who he does to give credit:"I don't know the authors name".
I do that alot with the credit for buildings in my civs :blush: (though I usually list it as whoever made the --- used as ---)
I hope people do not forget who published the mod.
I'm sure they don't

Nice little mod you have here. :goodjob:

I actually have quite a collection of diplomacy music, some of them possibly suited for war, so if you ever needed some, feel free to ask me. I also made a mod for warmusic ages ago, just for vanilla Civ, so you can also use the music from there if you need to.

I also made a mod for warmusic ages ago, just for vanilla Civ, so you can also use the music from there if you need to.
Really? That's good to know,where is it,I can't find it?

Here it is: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=190990

I also, again, have a lot of diplomacy music uploaded in convenient packs (you can click on the Diplomacy Music link in my signature). Most of the diplomacy music I've uploaded are only for during Peace, but you might find stuff you can use; I haven't been updating it a lot lately, but there's already a lot of stuff you can look through. Otherwise, I also have a lot of music in my music collection that could fit for warmusic. If you ever needed something for a specific civilization or region, I can help you find something. You can say I'm the diplomusic guy at CFC, as that's what got me started modding in the first place.

File no longer available...until January 1,2012.
EDIT:File re-available!

Some leaders have no unique war music(most of the music is from Civ5 and others I could find)...

I may be missing something here, but if you don't own the copyright to the music, you can't give permission to anybody one way or another to use it. Uploading it doesn't grant you any legal privilege over the content. So if it's music from Civ V, the people whose permission is required are the publishers of the game.

I may be missing something here, but if you don't own the copyright to the music, you can't give permission to anybody one way or another to use it. Uploading it doesn't grant you any legal privilege over the content. So if it's music from Civ V, the people whose permission is required are the publishers of the game.
NOT all music is from Civ5!And it's my mod,ask permission or give me credit OR go find the music yourself on the internet.

NOT all music is from Civ5!And it's my mod,ask permission or give me credit OR go find the music yourself on the internet.

If the music is composed by you, it's yours, unless you've signed a legal agreement with another entity. Nobody can repackage it in a mod they create and demand their permission for its use. Similarly, if the music isn't by you, and you haven't licensed it from anybody else, then nobody needs to ask your permission. This isn't up for argument. It's a matter of copyright law, which I've had to become a bit familiar with over the decades since first working in radio and television back in the late 1970s. Nobody gains ownership of somebody else's content simply by putting it in a mod and declaring it theirs.

If you want an analogy, think of it this way. If I go into your apartment and borrow your television then move it into my car, I can't legally make the claim that I can loan it to anybody else, and they must acknowledge this.

On the other hand, if the music is owned by somebody else, they may want to enforce their copyright. Word of advice: you may want to see what they think about your using their music. Unless of course you've got their permission in writing, in which case everything is cool. Holding the file back until the first day of next year has no bearing on this.

If the music is composed by you, it's yours, unless you've signed a legal agreement with another entity. Nobody can repackage it in a mod they create and demand their permission for its use. Similarly, if the music isn't by you, and you haven't licensed it from anybody else, then nobody needs to ask your permission. This isn't up for argument. It's a matter of copyright law, which I've had to become a bit familiar with over the decades since first working in radio and television back in the late 1970s. Nobody gains ownership of somebody else's content simply by putting it in a mod and declaring it theirs.

If you want an analogy, think of it this way. If I go into your apartment and borrow your television then move it into my car, I can't legally make the claim that I can loan it to anybody else, and they must acknowledge this.

On the other hand, if the music is owned by somebody else, they may want to enforce their copyright. Word of advice: you may want to see what they think about your using their music. Unless of course you've got their permission in writing, in which case everything is cool. Holding the file back until the first day of next year has no bearing on this.
Just give me credit if you want to use it in a mod.

Just give me credit if you want to use it in a mod.

Copyright issues aside, being obsessed over credits is a bit awkward when one doesn't give credit himself. It's easier to give credit and know that others will do the same, without reminding them about it.

Aye, could I use the music here for a mod I'm working on?

The person who put this together doesn't own any of the music he/she offers in this mod. So the people whose permission you need in order for your efforts to be legal are the companies who own the rights to the mod's music you want to use.

I believe that as long as you don't use it for you own commercial benefit, and credit the rightful owners, they don't mind ;)

I believe that as long as you don't use it for you own commercial benefit, and credit the rightful owners, they don't mind ;)

You can hope. ;) Unfortunately, that's all you can do. For example (and this is only an example!), Bethesda Softworks has repeatedly gone after modders with cease-and-desist orders who use any assets from Morrowind in mods for Oblivion. And yes, that means they've gone after people who offered mods that did literally nothing other than offer Morrowind's music. Why? Because it's their policy not to allow this. They don't need a good reason. They own the titles, they make the decisions.

On the other hand, you have the early Ultima titles. I don't know how Garriott would feel about taking assets from one of the titles, but it's pretty common knowledge it doesn't mind those early titles being offered freely online--as you note, as long as nobody makes money from them. He owns the games. He could charge for them, if he wanted to. He doesn't.

You're safest not using any assets, musical or otherwise, from any game in any mod you want to create--but if you want to grab the music for a mod, first find out how the company that owns the music feels about this. And don't think that because a company has ceased to exist, so have their rights to a game. It doesn't work that way. When they close the doors, their assets are sold to other companies either to pay off their debts or to give the former owners a nice bonus package. So...just check to be sure. :)

Top Bottom