The Ultimate Map Thread

If those maps were women I'd hit them like a freight train.

"Tits of the Buddha?"

What he's saying is that this map is phat.

how do you make maps with relief elevations, do you use a base map of the world, whose opacity you lower or something else.
It involves layering information output from a program called ArcGIS. You set the relief layer to multiply in Photoshop, or whatever its equivalent is in GIMP.

Technically the levels of this layer should be toyed around with to prevent the graying effect on the white background, but that'd also require some contrast manipulation to keep the relief itself sharp.

So here's a preview of a preview I have in store for my PreNES. Only the top half is really done.

Spoiler :

this is not for a NES, it is for something else. Anyone have a good Mercator projection world map? I just need a blank map, with rivers maybe. Thanks in advance.

This might help
Spoiler :

EDIT: Mercator or not, I'd like to see someone run an NES with this map just to annoy people who object with the relative sizes of landmasses.

I know, Mercator sucks.

What I am trying to do is see if I can overlay a Vicky 2 map on top of that, and Mercator would be easiest for that.

I know, Mercator sucks.

What I am trying to do is see if I can overlay a Vicky 2 map on top of that, and Mercator would be easiest for that.
No, Miller would be easiest for that, because the V2 map is a Miller projection, not Mercator. Conveniently, the map LoE posted is in the Miller projection.

Woah I never realized how bad vicky 2 was in proper lines of latitude. Look how unrealistically north the new world is!

Top Bottom