Unwritten History

dacubz145

Deity
Mod released! This is a mod foccusing on the history of Native Americans!

Version 1.2

This mod adds 16 native american tribes with 23 new leaderheads

Techs have a whole new purpose in this game. There are no researchable techs. You now need to focus on other things in the mod. Every tribe has one specific tech that allows them to build units and buildings specific to their tribe, so no tribe has a uu or ub. This is because of the wide variety of units and buildings each tribe has

This mod also adds
6 new native american wonders
New Buffalo Resource
Native American City style

Download
Civs:
Spoiler :

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... first off have some colonials in addition to the tribes (New Amsterdam, New England, New Spain, New France, etc) with appropriate UUs and UBs

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... first off have some colonials in addition to the tribes (New Amsterdam, New England, New Spain, New France, etc) with appropriate UUs and UBs

Nahh definatly not, the whole purpose of my mod is to have it be about native americans, and not another thing that is "about" native americans or something but really based on europe. This mod will take the period between the first native americans, and the last era will be right before the europeans come

oh ok...
I'm really not good at that era though.. I could look it up though

oh ok...
I'm really not good at that era though.. I could look it up though

Not many people are and i am definatly not. i just thought this mod should be about how the native americans lived and thrived, instead of how they lost to the europeans

Rhye's and Fall of Mesoamerica and the Andes is in development,that includes a part of South America.
I once had an idea:Rhye's and fall of North America.
It would be about the Native Americans,but isn't possible because there were no nations or empires in North America before the European colonization.

Godd luck presenting this, it seems very interesting. Reading this thread brought back a memory of a mod from CIVIII that I used to play before 4 came out. Here is the link : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=78487&highlight=native+american+mod
That mod had a great sound track and plenty of ideas about wonders and units. You may find interesting ideas in that thread.

Thanks! Ill definatly check out that thread for ideas
heres a little more detail about whats to come: The mods going to have no real techs, uu, ub etc.
Due to the diverstity in native american culture, setting specific units would be hard that would be "historicallly accurate" for more than a couple tribes, so beside the usual archer etc. so each civ has a specifi civ (ex. for taino they have Taino culture) and any units/buildings that are specific to that civ require that tech.

Also because this mod foccuses on the native americans, and not their interaction with the europeans, there are not any tehs. I feel that post agriculture, their progression tech wise was minimal, so taking out techs will bring an unique gameplay

Looks Really promising! quick idea: since the Inuits, sioux and others were largly nomads and had no real set cities, maybe add that as a factor to the game. like have resources diminish over time and new ones appear and you can demolish your first city and move to another. i've seen the diminishing resources modcomp and i'm pretty sure there is one where you can destroy your own city. Also i get these "Assert Failed" messages when i load it and through out the game. Overall looks really cool!

Is the Native's history genuine? There still are a lot of secrets and undescovered things about native's history before the colonial era. Not all real civilization from ancient era to 1492 have been discovered.

Looks Really promising! quick idea: since the Inuits, sioux and others were largly nomads and had no real set cities, maybe add that as a factor to the game. like have resources diminish over time and new ones appear and you can demolish your first city and move to another. i've seen the diminishing resources modcomp and i'm pretty sure there is one where you can destroy your own city. Also i get these "Assert Failed" messages when i load it and through out the game. Overall looks really cool!
Thanks, im not sure where you get the errors, but the mods still in the early stages, whenever you redue all the resources, techs, religions etc you can get a lot of errors

Is the Native's history genuine? There still are a lot of secrets and undescovered things about native's history before the colonial era. Not all real civilization from ancient era to 1492 have been discovered.
That is true, not sure how i can put in things that no one crrently knows anything about

To Mr dacubz145
Looks intriguing. Will wait further development.
Best wishes

Top Bottom