Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was PETA not PITA, PITA being someone screaming out a type of bread, as said before

PITA = Pain In The A-word meaning buttocks, and often applied to PETA.

Slumming noble to experiment on a few things, and Victoria who had been engaged in war on the other side of the world surprises me. Instead of picking a more sensible target she spent several hundred years thinking of a genius plan to land an army right next to my capital before I could react. And when I least expected it, she launched her attack.

Wait, you mean "Prepare to meet your mild inconvenience!" right?

LOOKOUT!!! :eek: She's gonna smash her pretty cannons against your city walls! She probably won't even pick up after herself. How rude!

Too bad she only brought three cannons, otherwise it'd be "Prepare to meet your free Great General!"

It's like that South Park episode where the British try retaking America with wooden ships and redcoats.

a good caption would be, "Much to the surprise of the British, the natives of the New World were much, much more advanced than they expected."

^^^^ :lol:

I am refusing to talk too, so it's all good. :p

I think the myth of "Power deters war" is all but out of the window.

Moderator Action: Less spam and more screenshots, please.

Is that RFC:Abundance or have you just modded in the celts?

A series of improbable events.

My Missile Frigate with it's 99.2% chance of victory lost all 9 rounds of combat. It only shows 7 because my ship has a first strike (due to the upgraded shields promotion) so it lost a round that doesn't show up at the beginning and it also lost one at the end that doesn't show up because it withdrew. It had only a 5% withdraw chance. So after the worst possible luck in the fight, it gets very lucky and withdraws.

That particular star system also has a rather checkered, and improbable, past. It was a system inhabited by lower tech aliens who, upon meeting my scout ship, joined my empire (one of the less likely outcomes). It started with a population of 2 and no units at all (as is typical). Something like 3 or 4 turns later I was the first to research the tech that founds the Power value, founding it in this star system (not very improbable, it was my only star system other than the capital). Time to build first Planetary Defense Ship? About 10 turns. Time until the pirate invasion ship moves into a visible location 2 plots from the star system? About 5 turns. I did not yet have the tech that allows the civic (or Policy, as they are called in Final Frontier derived mods - foreshadowing by Jon Shafer) that lets you rush buy things (Democracy, or, in this version of Final Frontier Plus, Technocracy would also allow it - didn't have the tech for that yet either). So two turns later, with 3 turns to go on the first defensive ship, the pirates capture the star system. The new missile frigate I sent from my home system upon spotting the pirate arrived 3 turns later (I think it was) to recapture it (good thing it was a pirate invasion ship, not a planetary defense ship). This, of course, reduced it to a population of 1 but did not destroy either of the 2 free buildings the system started with. The missile frigate had to fight off only one other ship before a defender was built (which took about twice as long as the original one would have). Then, somewhat later, the event in the screenshot happened to that same missile frigate.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 728
My mistake was not grouping my 2 workers ...
... I selected them individually and ordered them to build road from horses to copper.
They need supervision (sigh).

Attachments

• Civ4_Worker_RoadTo.jpg
    Civ4_Worker_RoadTo.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 575
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom