Armies

I play on Epic, and I don't think there's an issue here. When the player actually declares war on these peaceful Civs, it's not as easy as it seems.

Can you please get the AI to stop building fleets of carriers? Especially since they rarely station aircraft on them and use them for attack, they just sit around getting picked off by subs. What a waste! Get them to build subs, destroyers, battleships, instead. Thanks!!

Turn 289 :

Germany got 20 + units and conquered Iroq
Rome conquered Babylon - number of units : countless
India : Settled 7 or 8 cities - number of units : 0

Only reporting...

Re: Carriers.

I also found it awful that the AI would build tons of carriers, far more than needed to hold its entire fleet of planes. It simply doesn't have a decent AI for carriers (which require a very unique AI to use). I fixed it by setting the flavors of carriers to 1. The AI doesn't build them anymore and instead seems to build a lot more battleships, destroyers, planes, which is all good in my book. I was tempted to just delete the carriers entirely but they don't seem OP in the player's hands, just useless for the AI.

Quick question, does anyone ever use the 'settle cities' function of Conquistadors? I forgot they even had the ability until I played Spain just then.

albie_123 said:
Quick question, does anyone ever use the 'settle cities' function of Conquistadors? I forgot they even had the ability until I played Spain just then.

Actually, not yet. But I was just planning on playing as Spain soon and I wonder whether the change was made where that "settle city" function destroyed the unit or not. I think, given the very situational nature of its use (off-continent), this was an idea to buff the function without going OP...

Obviously I havent tested it though...

As annoying as early AI 3-range units are, they make for more fluid combat - especially AI vs AI. The only adjustment I would consider is dropping the siege promotion for ranged units to the third level. The militaristic AI will still get it, but it will slow human conquest a little.

If not, I would at least increase the city-siege nerf to hwachas. They are devastating vs units, making a kill-then-siege approach OP. I’d rather do that than nerf the unit boost (which makes them distinct), although that’s the alternative.

I wonder whether the change was made where that "settle city" function destroyed the unit or not.

I'd like it to not destroy the unit, but unit actions are a part of the game very unfamiliar to me so I've been putting it off. :shifty:

Top Bottom