v137.3: anti-tank guns too powerful

AlextheGr8

Warlord
Anti-tank guns should not be powerful on attack at all. I'm tired of them steamrolling through my lines. If anything they should be just like artillery, have to setup, and only useful against armor. Not troops or other artillery.

Moderator Action: Moved to main project forum.

If u do that it will cripple AI as it will waste hes resources to produce it.
U can then reduce the flavor of that unit for the AI but this will let u roll over anyone with tanks as u please...

If u do that it will cripple AI as it will waste hes resources to produce it.
U can then reduce the flavor of that unit for the AI but this will let u roll over anyone with tanks as u please...

is there any way to make them just weaker for soldier units and keep their strength for tanks and other armor?

Just look at this unit as Infantry equip with anti-tank weapons.
It have 27 :c5strength: where regular infantry got 36.
So its already much weaker just as u want and specialize in fighting tanks ( +50 % ) and defending ( +50 % defense )

Counter-units like spears and pikes in vem have a lower bonus vs mobile units, but a higher defensive bonus. This creates soft counters where the units are decently good at most combat but specialized for a certain task. The AI handles this much better than "hard counters."

With average combat bonuses:

65 :c5strength: = 36 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.6) = Infantry vs all
62 :c5strength: = 27 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.6 + 0.5) = AT gun vs Tanks
49 :c5strength: = 27 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.6) = AT gun vs Soldiers

What always gets me are AA guns being so powerful - their guns aren't designed for attacking ground, yet they are a pita to get through! They seem to counter everything..

I used to see the AI build a ton of AA, and use them like tanks, rushing into an attack. Maybe give them less attack for ground units would be nice.

The AI looks at UnitAI types when creating military formations, not actual unit strengths or promotions. I don't think we can change that with our current modding tools.

Top Bottom