Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Creation & Customization > Civ3 - Unit Graphics

Notices

Civ3 - Unit Graphics This forum contains all unit related files: unit images and animations.
Do NOT post unit requests in here.

Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:35 PM   #121
tom2050
Deity

Those are seriously cool. Definitely enter one into the contest!
tom2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:54 PM   #122
Takhisis
У жиботу имам све⁈

This is great!
[18:47:11] <@Lucy> i don't mean to imply that what's going on in tak's underpants isn't equally or more creepy
'Well, there's spam, and then there's spam spam. You are an example of spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam spam spam and spam.' -choxorn, 12/03/2010
Takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:26 PM   #123
Grandraem
Alchemist

I'm definitely hopping with joy over those units! Awesome! Truly awesome!
Stormrage, your orcish awesomeness is missed!
Grandraem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:38 PM   #124
Don Pepito
Warlord

What a fantastic set of angry turkeys!!!!!
Don Pepito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:03 PM   #125
Takhisis
У жиботу имам све⁈

Angry Birds indeed.
[18:47:11] <@Lucy> i don't mean to imply that what's going on in tak's underpants isn't equally or more creepy
'Well, there's spam, and then there's spam spam. You are an example of spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam spam spam and spam.' -choxorn, 12/03/2010
Takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:04 AM   #126
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

Thanks for the comments!

@Tom : I probably will.
Civ. III: Dragonlance: War of Lance, Insects MOD | My Leaderheads (Latest: Cthulhu Priest) | Ongoing Unit Collections - Atomic Labs (Latest: Gabara) Extinct Fauna (Latest: Terror Birds) Mythos Cults & Monsters (Latest: Cthulhu Priest) Fantasy Forge (Latest: Centaur) | Specific Units - Mothra, Space-Froggy, Sharks Pack, King Ghidorah, Ebirah, Gorosaurus, Zilla Pack, Frankenstein Pack, Meat Boy, Baron Voodoo, Kong Gojira Gyaos Eagles Werecat Selenites Giant Spiders Zombie Elephants | SNK Advisors - 1, 2, 3 | Map - Ansalon | Minimap - Pack 1, 2, Left boxes Pack | Terrain - Savannah | Other PCX - Pharaoh Pack I, II, III, IV, V, Hunting lodge, Port Royale 2 Pack, Cane Plantation, Dune 2 Pack, Ostrich, Latest addition in my Library: Jurassic Pack | Global Warming Effects
Also helping in : Gojira54's Modzilla
Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:22 PM   #127
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

Requested by Blue Monkey :

Terror Bird Rider

Veteran Terror Bird Rider
or noble or chief or sergeant

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...9#post11439499

I hope you'll like them and they fit your needs. I somewhat based their robe on a yellowish peregrine falcon.
One of them will very surely get in the Competition but I'm not sure which yet. Sounds included, with actual human voice speaking Malian. I have no idea what he says, though. ^^

Thanks to the guys giving notes on the download page ! 5 stars out of 5 !

The Veteran Terror Bird Rider won the April 2012 Unit Competition and will be entered into the annual competition!
Civ. III: Dragonlance: War of Lance, Insects MOD | My Leaderheads (Latest: Cthulhu Priest) | Ongoing Unit Collections - Atomic Labs (Latest: Gabara) Extinct Fauna (Latest: Terror Birds) Mythos Cults & Monsters (Latest: Cthulhu Priest) Fantasy Forge (Latest: Centaur) | Specific Units - Mothra, Space-Froggy, Sharks Pack, King Ghidorah, Ebirah, Gorosaurus, Zilla Pack, Frankenstein Pack, Meat Boy, Baron Voodoo, Kong Gojira Gyaos Eagles Werecat Selenites Giant Spiders Zombie Elephants | SNK Advisors - 1, 2, 3 | Map - Ansalon | Minimap - Pack 1, 2, Left boxes Pack | Terrain - Savannah | Other PCX - Pharaoh Pack I, II, III, IV, V, Hunting lodge, Port Royale 2 Pack, Cane Plantation, Dune 2 Pack, Ostrich, Latest addition in my Library: Jurassic Pack | Global Warming Effects

Last edited by Supa; May 08, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:36 PM   #128
Blue Monkey
Oldman Crackpot

Wow! That was fast. And more than I dreamed of - civ color and an upgrade path.

The Many Worlds of Steampunk : Dark Continent
Blue Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:38 PM   #129
Ozymandias
Civ3 Modding Archivist

Nice!

Really makes me want to see a mod set during the last Inter-Glacial (100,000 years ago) - yes, I know "Terror Birds" were extinct by then; moas were not*, so we can dream ...

Best,

Oz

*Moas didn't go extinct until ca. 1400 CE. Although limited to New Zealand, moa riders might be fun

May you be at peace, General 666
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:28 PM   #130
Hikaro Takayama
Bricktastic!

Oh NICE! The Veteran Terror Bird Rider is PERFECT for the Final Fantasy Mod Chocobo Rider (first era mounted unit)! Now I'll only have TWO chocobo units to make instead of three.
This post's content is Copyleft 2012 by Hikaro Takayama, all wrongs reserved.
Hikaro Takayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:40 PM   #131
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

Thanks guys.

@Blue Monkey

I'm glad you like them. I thought of peregrine falcon and started texturing before reading your message about aras, so it took me 22 hours to churn these out.

@Oz

A 100.000 BC to 10.000 BC fantasy mod would be nice. That would cover, what, everything from Kull of Atlantis to Conan of Cimmeria. Perhaps even older civilizations from Lovecraft's Mu (170.000 BC, setting of a few of Lin Carter's short stories).

@Hikaro

Haha, cool, I didn't think of that but I guess it works well as a semi-realist Chocobo.

Last edited by Supa; Apr 22, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:46 PM   #132
Hikaro Takayama
Bricktastic!

Actually, Supa, the Terror Bird ridden by the "Veteran" Terror Bird rider looks almost exactly like the Chocobos in Final Fantasy XI online....
This post's content is Copyleft 2012 by Hikaro Takayama, all wrongs reserved.
Hikaro Takayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:53 PM   #133
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

I think last time I've played with Chocobos, they looked like this :

Spoiler:

If you're interested, the model I used is freely shared by Sixus1.

Last edited by Supa; Apr 22, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:05 PM   #134
Jerry'sGoldfish
Emperor

i personal belive paleo meso americans worshipped these animals, though i will not consider this unit historical accurate (because the animal could be tamed but is still dangerous), i would like to play with it....
Jerry'sGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:44 PM   #135
Blue Monkey
Oldman Crackpot

Just noticed that the coloration is similar to some of the Archaeopteryx & Deinonychus reconstructions.

Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:20 AM   #136
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

Actually, Archaeopteryx might have been, at least in parts, black.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:10 AM   #137
Blue Monkey
Oldman Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
Actually, Archaeopteryx might have been, at least in parts, black.
Agreed. Just meant that if you were making similar choices to people who do that kind of art professionally - and do so in conjunction with professional researchers - that your choice made sense. One as brightly colored as a macaw would be beautiful and look cool in the game. But wouldn't be as authentic and ultimately not as useful. Analagous to the difference between an elephant in battle gear & one caparisoned and painted for parade on the rajah's birthday.

Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:50 AM   #138
AncientOne
Johnny Juwarra

Thank you... I have hoped anyone would do some Pliocene big birdies for a long time.
Terrorbird and Brutornis are especially well done. Any chance of Terrorbird without rider?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:54 AM   #139
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

Thanks, AncientOne.

I have one small thing left to do and then I'd like to move away from this project, so no brown riderless TB from me. I hope one of the other birds will fit your need.

However, if someone wants to make it himself, I'm ready to share my textures and animations. The model is free.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:54 AM   #140
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

Terror birds pack updated:

Code:
Version 1.3
Added :
+ 4 Resources (Titanis, Brutornis, Zeropteryx, Riderless Terrorbird)
+ Terror Bird (riderless) pedia files