Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION II > Civ2 - Scenario Creation

Notices

Civ2 - Scenario Creation Ask questions about scenario or modpack creations, post scenario previews, and share your tips with other scenario makers.

Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Grandpa Troll
Ronin

Question How can I make the CIV II ToT with no ending year?

I want to be able to play ToT as long as I have AI opponents to play.

It seems years ago I played and the game just "ended" at a certain year.

I looked in making the custom games settings and saw something that could be a work around, but really didnt explain very well

It said for default years per turn keep zero and for 1/12 use a negative number??????

I tried -0 got no results

I tried minus 12 still no results.

Please help old Grandpa Troll out!

Thanks in advance!

I am just looking for a super long game..like a Conquest type, where you have to wipe out all opponents

Gramps
Member of all three major civilization sites. because of our community, I feel I have three homes. I allways use CFC for most of the information i seek and have found the Staff and membership very accomodating, plus i know many here and they are very nice people, even to an old broken down Gramps!
Grandpa Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:23 AM   #2
Catfish
Brutal Biscuivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
I want to be able to play ToT as long as I have AI opponents to play.
Are you describing a scenario? For regular single-player games, you can continue playing past AD 2020, but your score won't change. For multi-player games, you can launch ToT using Elys' Civ2 Unlimited (download in post #40) to continue beyond this point.

For scenarios, you're looking at 3 parameters under Scenario Parameters: Turn Year Increment, Starting Year and Maximum Turns. The maximum value for the last of these parameters (and the one that'll extend the length of your game) is 32767.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
It said for default years per turn keep zero and for 1/12 use a negative number??????
The default value of 0 uses standard Civ2 time (a variable increment). A positive turn increment indicates a yearly increment. A negative turn increment simply indicates a switch to monthly increments, eg, -1 = monthly, -2 = bimonthly, -6 = half-yearly. In other words, -12 is the same as 1. If you switch to monthly increments, then you'll also need to multiply your Starting Year by 12 to compensate.

Note that if you're not playing an existing scenario, you need to first save the game as a scenario and reload it in order to enable the Scenario Parameter settings.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:55 PM   #3
Grandpa Troll
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Are you describing a scenario? For regular single-player games, you can continue playing past AD 2020, but your score won't change. For multi-player games, you can launch ToT using Elys' Civ2 Unlimited (download in post #40) to continue beyond this point.

For scenarios, you're looking at 3 parameters under Scenario Parameters: Turn Year Increment, Starting Year and Maximum Turns. The maximum value for the last of these parameters (and the one that'll extend the length of your game) is 32767.

The default value of 0 uses standard Civ2 time (a variable increment). A positive turn increment indicates a yearly increment. A negative turn increment simply indicates a switch to monthly increments, eg, -1 = monthly, -2 = bimonthly, -6 = half-yearly. In other words, -12 is the same as 1. If you switch to monthly increments, then you'll also need to multiply your Starting Year by 12 to compensate.

Note that if you're not playing an existing scenario, you need to first save the game as a scenario and reload it in order to enable the Scenario Parameter settings.
Awesome!
Member of all three major civilization sites. because of our community, I feel I have three homes. I allways use CFC for most of the information i seek and have found the Staff and membership very accomodating, plus i know many here and they are very nice people, even to an old broken down Gramps!
Grandpa Troll is offline   Reply With Quote