Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > COLOSSEUM > Off-Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:11 AM   #41
useless
Shuckle!
 
useless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Inside my shell
Posts: 8,331
what exactly is "stereotypically" gay?
__________________
"I don't really care what the constitution says" - GhostWriter16
useless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:37 AM   #42
Formaldehyde
Both Fair And Balanced
 
Formaldehyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: USA #1
Posts: 29,687
After all, nobody in the military was outed during "don't ask, don't tell"- just the ones who "prance around like a fairy"...

Boy Scout Den Mother Kicked Out for Gaying All Over Impressionable Children

Quote:
Ohioan and Lezzy McLez Von Lesbian Jennifer Tyrrell became involved in the Boy Scouts after her son joined, and for over a year had held the position of den mother. After being elected treasurer of her pack (which is bigger than a den, but, uh, smaller than a gaggle or flock or rookery or convocation or other animal group words the Boy Scouts are calling their subgroups of future homophobes), she discovered what she described in a statement to GLAAD as "inconsistencies" in the pack's finances. Shortly after reporting her findings, she was asked to resign.

The Boy Scouts of America insist that the decision had nothing to do with her discovery and everything to do with the fact that she's a lady who kisses and holds hands and stuff with other ladies. Ohio River Valley scout executive Bob Drury explained it thusly: "We do not grant membership to individuals who are open or avow homosexuals. The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to develop a character and leadership skills and youth of today to become leaders of tomorrow. And anything that distracts from that mission distracts from what our program is."
Boy Scouts Demand Moral and Sexual Straightness

Quote:
The Girl Scouts of American and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America organizations proudly welcome and appreciate members and leaders of all sexual and gender identities. The Girl Scouts, for example, has indeed fulfilled its own written promises and laws "to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible."

But how can a boy scout or scout leader truly adhere to the Boy Scout Law of being "trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent" when the BSA clings to its blatantly prejudicial, discriminatory, and, quite frankly, offensive "expressive message" on issues of sexual identity?
__________________
Justice means minding one's own business and not meddling with other men's concerns. Plato
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Justice is incidental to law and order. J. Edgar Hoover
If we are entitled to kill people, we must be entitled to injure them. John Yoo

Ask a Car Nut Ask A Coffee Fanatic

Last edited by Formaldehyde; Apr 29, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Formaldehyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:55 AM   #43
rugbyLEAGUEfan
Deity
 
rugbyLEAGUEfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
what exactly is "stereotypically" gay?
Going away on trips exclusively with large groups of guys ?

The scout uniform ?
rugbyLEAGUEfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:54 PM   #44
innonimatu
Deity
 
innonimatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyLEAGUEfan View Post
Going away on trips exclusively with large groups of guys ?

The scout uniform ?
innonimatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:59 PM   #45
Save_Ferris
Admiring Myself
 
Save_Ferris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Straight Outa Ponyville
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
what exactly is "stereotypically" gay?
Making it obvious that you are attracted to men, I suppose, or watching ponies.
__________________
Can you survive the deadly mountain?

Save_Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:15 PM   #46
Mango Elephant
Saint Sebastian
 
Mango Elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by civ_king View Post
My point exactly. It really isn't that hard to still be in Scouting, just don't do anything stereotypically gay.
Not even. Just don't talk about how you like guys, act however you want bar that.

I mean, if you want an example, last year during summer camp we gave each other lap dances after we stripped down some after a camp fire. Not trying to be funny or anything, but acting gay really isn't a problem.

Last edited by Mango Elephant; Apr 29, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Mango Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:40 PM   #47
useless
Shuckle!
 
useless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Inside my shell
Posts: 8,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save_Ferris View Post
Making it obvious that you are attracted to men, I suppose, or watching ponies.
Define "obvious".
__________________
"I don't really care what the constitution says" - GhostWriter16
useless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:47 PM   #48
rugbyLEAGUEfan
Deity
 
rugbyLEAGUEfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save_Ferris View Post
Making it obvious that you are attracted to men, I suppose, or watching ponies.
Maybe the steroytype , but to get all serious for a second , I'm guessing the reality of being gay is closer to doing everything possible to hide ones attraction to men due to society being so messed up .

Which is quite inefficient for all of us really . Id rather a world where gay people are spending their time inventing flying cars than worrying about what people think .
rugbyLEAGUEfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:49 PM   #49
IdiotsOpposite
Boom, headshot.
 
IdiotsOpposite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: America.
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
Define "obvious".
I guess one way to make it obvious would be to tell your scoutmaster that you're sexually attracted to guys. Other than that, I can't think of anything.
__________________
Salac, check. Blaze, check. 439 Sp.Atk, check. Initiate Flamethrower.
IdiotsOpposite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:11 PM   #50
useless
Shuckle!
 
useless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Inside my shell
Posts: 8,331
I'm asking because your idea of what is "obvious" is at best probably rooted in stereotypes
__________________
"I don't really care what the constitution says" - GhostWriter16
useless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:12 PM   #51
IdiotsOpposite
Boom, headshot.
 
IdiotsOpposite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: America.
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
I'm asking because your idea of what is "obvious" is at best probably rooted in stereotypes
I'm guessing you mean Save Ferris's idea?
__________________
Salac, check. Blaze, check. 439 Sp.Atk, check. Initiate Flamethrower.
IdiotsOpposite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:14 PM   #52
useless
Shuckle!
 
useless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Inside my shell
Posts: 8,331
Yes, sorry.
__________________
"I don't really care what the constitution says" - GhostWriter16
useless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:24 PM   #53
Save_Ferris
Admiring Myself
 
Save_Ferris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Straight Outa Ponyville
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
I'm asking because your idea of what is "obvious" is at best probably rooted in stereotypes
...And those are the stereotypes you're looking for. You're welcome.
__________________
Can you survive the deadly mountain?

Save_Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:27 PM   #54
useless
Shuckle!
 
useless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Inside my shell
Posts: 8,331
I'm not looking for stereotypes at all. You are.
__________________
"I don't really care what the constitution says" - GhostWriter16
useless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:30 PM   #55
Save_Ferris
Admiring Myself
 
Save_Ferris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Straight Outa Ponyville
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
what exactly is "stereotypically" gay?
Aren't you asking for stereotypes? And I'm providing stereotypes, which you say come from stereotypes, which they should because they're stereotypes and they're stereotypical because they're stereotypes.
__________________
Can you survive the deadly mountain?

Save_Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:40 PM   #56
civ_king
Deus Caritas Est
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 16,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyLEAGUEfan View Post
Going away on trips exclusively with large groups of guys ?

The scout uniform ?
So glad they fixed it, now the zip off pants zip off below the knees and the shorts go about there too. The colour scheme is too ugly to be gay (unless you are using it in a pejorative sense and if so don't be a homophobe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save_Ferris View Post
Making it obvious that you are attracted to men, I suppose, or watching ponies.
Even watching ponies wouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango Elephant View Post
Not even. Just don't talk about how you like guys, act however you want bar that.

I mean, if you want an example, last year during summer camp we gave each other lap dances after we stripped down some after a camp fire. Not trying to be funny or anything, but acting gay really isn't a problem.
Were there any cute guys participating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
I'm not looking for stereotypes at all. You are.
The effeminate, campy, lisping, limpwristed gay who uses excessive superlatives is the stereotype I'm talking about. I've never met a straight guy who acts like that and only a handful of gays that do.
__________________
Ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

Cor ad cor loquitur
civ_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:32 PM   #57
Formaldehyde
Both Fair And Balanced
 
Formaldehyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: USA #1
Posts: 29,687
Most effeminate men aren't gay. It's not even close.


Link to video.
__________________
Justice means minding one's own business and not meddling with other men's concerns. Plato
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Justice is incidental to law and order. J. Edgar Hoover
If we are entitled to kill people, we must be entitled to injure them. John Yoo

Ask a Car Nut Ask A Coffee Fanatic
Formaldehyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:58 PM   #58
civ_king
Deus Caritas Est
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 16,365
What was the definition of Gender role nonconformist? To get 11% in one study and 25% in another is exceptionally bizarre unless you have fairly different definitions. Just averaging those isn't good it's terrible, they should get more studies with the same definition and then go with a median. Appealing to Aristophanes is weird because he was a playwright and so has no authority.
__________________
Ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

Cor ad cor loquitur
civ_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:50 AM   #59
rugbyLEAGUEfan
Deity
 
rugbyLEAGUEfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by civ_king View Post
So glad they fixed it, now the zip off pants zip off below the knees and the shorts go about there too. The colour scheme is too ugly to be gay (unless you are using it in a pejorative sense and if so don't be a homophobe).
Certainly not meant to be homophobic . More ironic in the sense that the Scout movement's opposition to homosexuals could be considered humorously at odds with aspects of scouting that could be considered , admittedly stereotypically but intended lightheartedly , gay .
rugbyLEAGUEfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:31 AM   #60
classical_hero
In whom I trust
 
classical_hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Perth,Western Australia
Posts: 30,118
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
what exactly is "stereotypically" gay?
Limp wrist, RLG (Running like a girl), a lisp, such things and the like. Yelling "fabulous" all the time.
__________________
Sola gratia, Sola fide, Sola scriptura, Solus Christus, Soli Deo gloria. Hallelujah!!
Join the Multi-Team Democracy Game II. Ask a Young Earth Creationist 2 Creation Ministries International. Please join the CFC Fantasy League for the EPL & CFC Weight Loss Pact and get fit
classical_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > COLOSSEUM > Off-Topic > Ask a Gay, Southern, American, Teenage Curler who is also a Boy Scout

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Advertisement

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site is copyright Civilization Fanatics' Center.
Support CFC: Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA | Amazon FR