Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Technical Support

Notices

Civ4 - Technical Support Forum for technical questions, such as compatibilities, game installation, sound, or video problems.

Old May 02, 2012, 10:22 AM   #1
enter`name`here
Chieftain

PBEM problems

So Me and a friend are trying to set up a PBEM game. The problem is that when he tries to load the game I sent him he gets a "Load failed" he tells me there is no other information. I own a copy of civ 4 gold whereas he bought civ 4 and then bought the expansion, would this cause issues? We checked in the advanced menu and it tells us we have the same version. Does anyone have experience with this sort of issue or any idea of how to fix it?
enter`name`here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2012, 04:37 PM   #2
enter`name`here
Chieftain

ok apparently it also says "the save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed". Again we both are running the same version of civ :S
enter`name`here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 05:14 PM   #3
kiwitt
Road to War Modder

Are you running a mod ?
The Road to War - Historical 1.04a" - which is based on The Road to War - Original and has already had 5,000+ downloads. Dale (author of The Road to War) says "But what KiwiTT has done is take my core and expand the realism to form a version of RtW that is pleasing for the hard-cores. For that, KiwiTT gets a dip of my hat.
For future developments and info on these are future mods see ... Facebook/TheRoadToWar"
*** Need help installing Civ4 onto Vista/7/8 read my thread in here *** IOT GM of the year for 2011 for Iron and Blood 1
kiwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:28 AM   #4
Tigranes
Armenian

Number of the players in our game (see my sig) have exactly the same issue. And yes, we are playing mod. The strange thing is that some of the players get this error message and some do not!
Tigranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5
kiwitt
Road to War Modder

Maybe worth checking the author of the mod.

Also, you may also want to ensure that all players have installed as per my thread. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537

If you play custom scenarios or mods on Windows Vista or Seven, you really need to install Civ 4 as per my thread. This avoids most of the issues.
The Road to War - Historical 1.04a" - which is based on The Road to War - Original and has already had 5,000+ downloads. Dale (author of The Road to War) says "But what KiwiTT has done is take my core and expand the realism to form a version of RtW that is pleasing for the hard-cores. For that, KiwiTT gets a dip of my hat.
For future developments and info on these are future mods see ... Facebook/TheRoadToWar"
*** Need help installing Civ4 onto Vista/7/8 read my thread in here *** IOT GM of the year for 2011 for Iron and Blood 1
kiwitt is offline   Reply With Quote