Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Creation & Customization > Civ5 - Project & Mod Development > Communitas Expansion Pack

Notices

Old May 05, 2012, 07:09 AM   #1
Pep
King

About "Stop Unit Spawing" option with Militaristic CS

I've observed in the latest versions of VEM there's no "Stop Unit Spawing" option when talking to militaristic CS. Why?. I guess the main reason is to make room for the new option "Improve Resources". The CS Diplomatic Window size seems to be static and I don't know if it's resizable with the current modding tools.

If it were possible to resize the window and show the "Stop Unit Spawing" option, I think the player should receive some bonuses for activating it: receive some money or CS influence points each several turns (the number of turns needed for another unit spawn). I think it makes sense: if I don't want the unit I may disband it (money) or gift it to a CS (influence). Making the process automatic is more user friendly. What do you think?
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Txurce
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep View Post
I think it makes sense: if I don't want the unit I may disband it (money) or gift it to a CS (influence). Making the process automatic is more user friendly. What do you think?
There's a limit to how much influence you can get by gifting. There wouldn't be if it were automatic.
Txurce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Thalassicus
Bytes and Nibblers

Resizing the window isn't a problem. When I created the pooled military unit rewards, I had the option of a) spend a few hours coding an enable/disable spawn system or b) hide the button. Disabling spawns is rarely needed, and we can disband/gift the unit afterwards, so I chose option b and moved on to other priorities.

We are the Modders. CiV will be assimilated.
We will enhance its biological and technological distinctiveness with our own.
Resistance is futile.

Communitas Expansion Pack
Wiki - Discussion - News

Forum Icons ~ Starting Civ5 Mods ~ Forum Tables
Thalassicus is offline   Reply With Quote