1.53 - Tech tree - Civilization Fanatics' Forums
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Creation & Customization > Civ5 - Project & Mod Development > Communitas Expansion Pack > Bug Tracking

Notices

Bug Tracking Post bugs here.

Old May 05, 2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Lrd Dread
Prince

1.53 - Tech tree

Good Morning,

Finally got 1.53 to work, and found something small. Playing Rome, and the tech tree did not pop up at the beginning of the game.... I waited until turn 3 to manually select a tech. Did not off me the chance at the beginning of the game.

But after that, it does pop up the icon on the right hand side to indicate I need to select a tech.

Last edited by Lrd Dread; May 05, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
Lrd Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Seek
Deity

This issue has been noted elsewhere, and hopefully Thal is looking into it and it'll be resolved soon. You can select a tech manually at turn 0 (assuming you've planted your settler), you just have to remember to do so!

Another (related?) issue that I've noticed recently is that I'm getting a fairly large tech boost at turn 0 (usually 15-22).
Old May 05, 2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Zaldron
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
This issue has been noted elsewhere, and hopefully Thal is looking into it and it'll be resolved soon. You can select a tech manually at turn 0 (assuming you've planted your settler), you just have to remember to do so!

Another (related?) issue that I've noticed recently is that I'm getting a fairly large tech boost at turn 0 (usually 15-22).
I've noticed the boost at turn zero as well.
Zaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Thalassicus
Bytes and Nibblers

The code which displays the "choose technology" notification is in the game core only Firaxis has access to, so I can't directly see or fix the bug. For months I've tried (unsuccessfully) to figure out what triggers that hidden vanilla bug, so I could at least find a workaround.

We are the Modders. CiV will be assimilated.
We will enhance its biological and technological distinctiveness with our own.
Resistance is futile.

Communitas Expansion Pack
Wiki - Discussion - News

Forum Icons ~ Starting Civ5 Mods ~ Forum Tables
Thalassicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 02:31 PM   #5
dragonpunch
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassicus View Post
The code which displays the "choose technology" notification is in the game core only Firaxis has access to, so I can't directly see or fix the bug. For months I've tried (unsuccessfully) to figure out what triggers that hidden vanilla bug, so I could at least find a workaround.
"Choose Technology" is not a vanilla bug in the sense that the prompt is there in vanilla. About a month back (Mar-Apr), it was working just fine in VEM. Unless I'm mistaken, this problem started in 140s.
dragonpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Thalassicus
Bytes and Nibblers

There's vanilla code which can do one of two things, A or B:
  • A is what usually runs, and is bug-free.
  • B contains a bug, but does not usually run.
If outside code causes section B to run, a bug happens, even if the outside code is bug-free. The bug can't be directly identified or fixed without access to B. This makes it unusually difficult to figure out what's going on.

We are the Modders. CiV will be assimilated.
We will enhance its biological and technological distinctiveness with our own.
Resistance is futile.

Communitas Expansion Pack
Wiki - Discussion - News

Forum Icons ~ Starting Civ5 Mods ~ Forum Tables

Last edited by Thalassicus; May 05, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Thalassicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 06:08 PM   #7
Prodigyx732
Chieftain

I can confirm I've also had this bug. I just manually select a tech to bypass the problem.

I can also confirm I get a science boost for some of the early techs. I'll pick the tech at turn X, and 1/4 of it will already be filled at turn X+1. Another thing I noticed is say there are 2 techs with the same science cost.. sometimes 1 will take 9 turns, but the other will take 11. Does it actually take that many turns? I can't confirm that as of yet, only what the UI tells me.
Prodigyx732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 07:58 PM   #8
Zaldron
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyx732 View Post
I can confirm I've also had this bug. I just manually select a tech to bypass the problem.

I can also confirm I get a science boost for some of the early techs. I'll pick the tech at turn X, and 1/4 of it will already be filled at turn X+1. Another thing I noticed is say there are 2 techs with the same science cost.. sometimes 1 will take 9 turns, but the other will take 11. Does it actually take that many turns? I can't confirm that as of yet, only what the UI tells me.
That's probably due to the bonus given when other civs already know a tech.
Zaldron is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Creation & Customization > Civ5 - Project & Mod Development > Communitas Expansion Pack > Bug Tracking > 1.53 - Tech tree