Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Creation & Customization > Civ3 - Unit Graphics

Notices

Civ3 - Unit Graphics This forum contains all unit related files: unit images and animations.
Do NOT post unit requests in here.

Old May 04, 2012, 01:27 AM   #1
Registrar
Chieftain

Train

After searching the archives and not finding a train I put together this unit for my own games. I did not create the animation or the wav. These are fragments found in the RR Guns Dora & Leopold from the French Barbarossa. I make the civlopedia and units32 ikons from drawings I found on a CAD site. They look very much like the animation. Each unit represents about 140 trains of about 80 cars. Enough to move one 1914 Army Corps. I use the unit to handicap the human player. The AI gets RailRoads but for long range redeployment the human player must use Trains.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Train.zip (22 Bytes, 64 views)
Registrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 03:18 AM   #2
Ares de Borg
Norman Knight

File is empty?
Ares de Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 04:49 AM   #3
Wolfshade
Little Winger

Virus?
Old May 04, 2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Gojira54
The folly of Man

Civ3 Maps: Hawaii180(2006) | Orange County, CA | Earth Reborn | Hawaii362(2013) | Pangea Ultima
Civ3 Unfinished Scenarios: WW4 and The New Civil War
- Formerly Amesjustin -
Gojira54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 08:07 PM   #5
smirnoff
A Crusader

smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Registrar
Chieftain

Train

Am trying again. The two buildings I posted, Fighter Command & Bomber Command look all right. So something when making the ZIP file? Checked new attachment. Looks OK.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Train.zip (319.9 KB, 72 views)
Old May 05, 2012, 08:58 AM   #8
Supa
Out of Cheese Error

They're good. They made me think of "La Compagnie des Glaces" (1980-92, The Company of Ice), a French post-apocalyptic series of novels set on a snow-ball Earth where humanity survives under domes and where societies are organized around the omnipresent railway companies.
Civ. III: Dragonlance: War of Lance, Insects MOD | My Leaderheads (Latest: Cthulhu Priest) | Ongoing Unit Collections - Atomic Labs (Latest: Gabara) Extinct Fauna (Latest: Terror Birds) Mythos Cults & Monsters (Latest: Cthulhu Priest) Fantasy Forge (Latest: Centaur) | Specific Units - Mothra, Space-Froggy, Sharks Pack, King Ghidorah, Ebirah, Gorosaurus, Zilla Pack, Frankenstein Pack, Meat Boy, Baron Voodoo, Kong Gojira Gyaos Eagles Werecat Selenites Giant Spiders Zombie Elephants | SNK Advisors - 1, 2, 3 | Map - Ansalon | Minimap - Pack 1, 2, Left boxes Pack | Terrain - Savannah | Other PCX - Pharaoh Pack I, II, III, IV, V, Hunting lodge, Port Royale 2 Pack, Cane Plantation, Dune 2 Pack, Ostrich, Latest addition in my Library: Jurassic Pack | Global Warming Effects
Also helping in : Gojira54's Modzilla
Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Quinzy
Journeyman Historian

Good stuff. Maybe the movement for Rail artillery? Wheeled, only move on roads?
Quinzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2012, 01:55 AM   #10
Registrar
Chieftain

My trains are wheeled, transport 4 units and move 6. I allow +4 for units moving along 'secondary transport lines' (roads). So on roads a train moves 24 squares.
The train is necessiary because I severely limit the human players railroads. In my TGW the Germans start with no railroads and 9 trains one of which transports the two German RR Guns, which are immobile. The Germans get two railroad construction units which cannot be replaced and build 'high speed rail' at a rate of two turns in a grassland square. This makes the Germans very careful as to where they build their railroads and trains are always needed to transport units frm the railheads to the front.

The computer, unfortunately, will not use trains so the AI starts with a robust rail network.