Welcome to Civilization Fanatics' Center.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By joining our free community, you will be able to participate in the discussions, search the forum, send private messages, vote in polls, upload your own screenshots to the gallery, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so sign up today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.
|Jul 28, 2012, 11:04 AM||#42|
The Third Giuseppe
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago IL
For the building line of civics it would be cool if each city could have its own civic so while people in one city would have houses in another city they would have skyscrapers
|Jul 09, 2013, 01:39 PM||#43|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Bump - for LunaWolve, not updated for a while, but still useful.
I would love to condense and organize these ideas.
Everyone, feel free to add your thoughts, it is great to have a one stop shop to revisit the best ideas, and keep them fresh!
Proud PR and Marketing Director of
Caveman2Cosmos - CIV REVOLVED!!
Join us for the Epic Exploration of Civ Ideas!
Hungry for a new Civ expansion pack ~ every 2 months?
-Extraordinary vision, team, and momentum.
-Massively improved AI, gameplay, turns, eras, etc.
-1000's of new features/units/buildings/terrains/techs.
>>C2C V33++ Just released!! - Much More than the Civ 6 you wanted!!
Last edited by rightfuture; Jul 09, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
|Jul 09, 2013, 04:07 PM||#44|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
While most of those ideas I would like to see, I would just like to say how awesome it is for the stuff on the lit that we HAVE done in the last year. I feel very proud for those getting done. Of couse we still have a lot more we could do, but its nice to see that we have progressed over the last year.
|Jul 11, 2013, 12:24 AM||#45|
Join Date: Mar 2008
@Hydromancerx and pretty much everyone,
You have simply blown away my hopes and dreams in the last year.
... by reaching out and just believing that it is possible.
You gentleman may not have explored Every avenue yet,
you have already built cities/counties/worlds...
(and I stress that with enough time, will, and help you will cover plenty of that territory),
...and you have collectively challenged the very idea of what a Civ game can become
In the last year alone (Just from what I can remember right now):
- A progressive and continued AI Improvement and rework,
- a massive improvement of turn times even with the addition of all of that amazing content,
- Breaking through the resource limit,
- attempting to bypass the multi-core limitations of the Civ IV engine,
- viewports, and pretty much definitively slaying the dreaded MAF beast!
- massive and continuous improvement of the tech tree and Eras,
- dozens of new features worthy of a full Civ Expansion pack many times over,
- Inclusion of powerful new mod features and improvements from other mods,
- The Combat mod.... Wow, just wow - GO Thundrbrd GO!
- The Georealism Mod - what can be inspired.
- Mr Azure wonderful inspiration and future tech roadmap (never going to forget him!)
- Everyone suggestions, discussions, and improvements from the Community to the individual modders (which all deserve great appreciation), to the players, and the Dream Mod Team
- and all the amazing groundwork laid to an Epic Nomadic Start to C2C, and astounding progress towards the Cosmos (considering the timeframe) - I can't wait to see that develops!!!!!!!!!
- Not to forget all of the amazing submods and additions like traits, and flammability, and the massive building rework, subdued animals, alternate timeline development, added eras, new terrain, features, thousands of improvements ...I couldn't even begin to count them all....
-and Vokyara's (and many others) massive historical Tech-Tree re-work, terrain additions,
-and the addition of GEM -Giant Earth Map (Acularius, Great Lord of Pie, RideTheSpiral23, Philipschall, all the new guys too, (I am proud to be considered to be part of your team for even a moment.) I love GEM and C2C together, can't wait to see the next update!
- unhealthiness mod with plagues, underwater cities, underground layer, space terrain, Multi-Maps progress - the Pan-Ultimate project for C2C (can't even wait to see this), the ongoing attempts to include the Mine Warfare mod (among many others) Massive Diplomacy Improvements, Civ 5 features, and I forget so many important ones I could cry.
-religion, culture, slavery, heroes, corporations, guilds, user interface, Revolutions (revdcm reworked and improved), gold balancing, bug squashing, every nook and cranny scraping, air and water pollution, Sim City like features added, storms improved, weather considered, terrain scripts reworked, Prehistoric era re-visited, many many units added by LS612 and many others, Graphics tweaking, game engine bypassing, idea including, ---all improved, reworked, and pioneered!
- not to forget all the past improvements of included ROM, AND, BUG, REVDCM, and many others.. and all of the contributors, mentioned or not from the past (and hopefully future).
and that is just a small portion of what I could recall right now.
Do you all even realize the scope of what you have done together?????
This year alone???
Just tell me that Civ 6 can't fall into the shadow of the accomplishments of Caveman2Cosmos?
With Multi-maps, the addition of the Galactic Era, and the inclusion of the Final Frontier mod into the code, you will have bridged Civ with Master of Orion (and every 4x space turn based strategy game),
and with modular Alternative Timelines, you will make the full exploration of history and interesting genres (like steampunk) accessible and fun,
and with the expansion of the future eras, in many varied configurations, you are free to explore all of possibility, the future, science fiction, and anything we can dream up, completely explorable and playable to the limits of imagination.
You are so close you can just taste it!!
You are all fearless, willing to step outside your comfort zones to create greatness, and exceed even yourselves, to re-imagine and improve one of the greatest games ever - CIV, even the new and casual contributors have made a great impact.
You are living the history you explore.
Don't ever be discouraged, because Caveman2Cosmos is simply incontestably astounding.
I do not doubt, for one tiny second, that you will get around to the best of these ideas, and reach the Cosmos (and beyond) in the next year, as realistic...
-because that is your manifest destiny
-and because that is eventual and simple compared to the challenges you have already overcome - together and individually.
All because you embrace challenge and vision, for yourselves and each other, and you make room to care. All for the love and improvement of Civ, probably the best game series ever made.
You can take it through the next level!
I for one, can't wait to see what you all/ We all dream up and accomplish next.
Have you even seen a small portion of the praise you've generated already?
(That I will have to make time to collect. )
Time to make the Future of C2C (and Civ) everything it could be!
I am in awe.
Last edited by rightfuture; Jul 11, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
|Jul 11, 2013, 01:25 AM||#47|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Thanks RF. I would like to note that just looking at say the buildings alone is a massive accomplishment. We have so many new tags that buildings are doing so much more than they were originally intended in Civ4.
The depth of dependency chains, upgrade chains and resources interaction is staggering. And with pseudo-buildings like crime, pollution, pests, housing, etc it has become just amazing. I know I am tooting my own horn on this but I am not sure if some of you grasp how much has been put into those. Not just in balance and fixing but with all the hidden stuff. I love the whole "unlocking" part of buildings and have not only taken ideas from games like Sim City and Anno but have develop my own system. C2C is just as much as "builder" mod than is is a "warmonger" mod, which I am proud to say.
Having Faustmouse help me out now means that we can get even more done. With less fatigue on myself. I look forward to working with him and all the awesome buildings (and resources) we can create together to make the mod great and a bit more fleshed out. Especially the later eras like Trans-Human and Galactic. Note that some have already been filling in. And the Trans-Human Era is a little less empty now.
Last edited by Hydromancerx; Jul 11, 2013 at 01:28 AM.