PBEM Rumble-tumble

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
INTRODUCTION
I like suprises! I like to prepare "strange" scenarios. So I am willing to make a "different" scenario if there are crazy enough people to play it. As my idea is to use the basic BtS it won't be that different of what you know. But there could be units ahead of it's time, there could be no iron, maybe there will be tons of Generals available, etc.

Do you like suprises? Are you eager to find out how to cope with different scenarios? Can you deal with unforseen issues? Then this game is for you! :crazyeye:

GAME SETTINGS
- Basic BtS
- Scenario: made up by Luthor (sure to have unsual things)
- Map size: ? (I thought of small but it seems not enough for all the "stuff" I want to incorporate)
- Speed: ? (90% chance of Normal speed)
- Human difficulty: Prince
- No Tech Trading
- Require complete kills
- No vassal states
- Unrestricted Leaders
- Other settings: unknown
- Starting Era: unknown (but below modern for sure)

PLAYERS
Humans: 8
AI: unknown (0 to 8)
Civ: handpicked by Luthor
Leader: Random

Players so far:
0) REM
1) Michov
2) Imp Knoedel
3) Ravant
4) MrGrandiose
5) Alvarez
6) Ruff_Hi
7) OPEN

VICTORY CONDITIONS
All available by the game. I am willing to hear other ideas.

HOUSERULES
- Each player has an obligation of making his 1st priority the survival of it's own Civ
- Humans giving cities (outside peace terms) should only occur if it makes sense (it can be vetoed by other players)
- 'Influence Civic' Spying action: you may only try to use this spying option against a target if you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.

BONUS

Humans will receive 3 bonus:

- One Land Unit for free
* It must be a LAND unit
* It can not be a gunpowder unit
* The unit could receive some free promotions. A strong unit will get few or no free promotions and a weak unit will get some free promotions

- One Great Person for free (includes Great General)
* You can choose the type of Great Person without knowing any details of the setup

- One (non Wonder) building for free
* It can be ANY building. If the building is already included in the setup, another similar building will be choosen.

I will throw my hat into the ring. You make some interesting maps Luthor. Giant is quite nicely made ��

Will the bonuses be present from the start or given intermittently?

Oh... thanks! :)
I have to go by and check how Giant is doing these days...

The bonuses will probably be given in the beginning. I might play for a while, but I do not expect to play for very long.

Civ's and leaders: random or by choice? What do you think?

Well depends on era etc. Imp is so so overpowered in the later eras. Also depends on what choices you offer people.

I asked re bonuses at the start or present because of that Olympus pbem is all. I read in the start that you offered people 1 building 1 GP etc - on the buildings front it might be more interesting to perhaps offer an amount of hammers to choose on buildings? More spread choices rather than all the future buildings.

Also just a note re maps - access to health is super important. In the giant I am a little stuck as the new Germany with only access to sea based health on my start. Also imp has a massive island with 2-3 times the amount of city sites that I do! Just things to think about when you make a map!

Sounds interresting, I'm in.

Not sure about civ selction yet. Lets see what the rest says.

Hey, we have 3 players! There are crazy players, after all!

Thanks REM for the input.

Unrestricted Leaders sounds like a perfect match for this type of scenario! I even thought about the possibility of having all (human) players having the same Civ with different leaders.

I am unsure of the starting Era but it will probably not be modern nor futuristic. So you guys just have to eliminate Knoedel before he reaches adulthood! :p

Guys, please keep this info to yourself, but I think that Knoedel actually had ONE good idea. But please do not tell him, he already has himself overrated...

You may only change the civics of a civ if you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.
Shall we implement this?

So... anybody else? 4 real players would be perfect.

Do you guys have any other suggestions? Now is the time to tell them! Once I start doing the map, I do not want to go back.

Same Civ with different Leaders seems good? Not a good surpise but it will balance the game a bit. Do you want to choose leaders or shall Mr. Random do it?

Great. I'll be on holiday for the next 10 days, should any setting questions come up don't wait for me to reply.

I would love to join this PBEM game! Basics settings and no mods are my games of choice.
OK. But did you read the intro? It's a "no mod" game but more like crazy settings...

Grandiose and Alvareza, can you please PM me your emails?

This game should not start before the last week of August.

Open for any other players?

Top Bottom