I never see air units.

cause they don't have any? Check if they have all the prequired techs and resources.
My experience is that the AI kowns to use airforce and also likes to do it :cry:

Chamaedrys said:
cause they don't have any? Check if they have all the prequired techs and resources.
My experience is that the AI kowns to use airforce and also likes to do it
me too, i see AI aircraft all over. they like to have fighters on intercept.

AI fighters on intercept - frequent (if I am forced to let them get that far). But not once have I seen an AI bomber. Maybe on the levels above Noble ?

Bushface said:
AI fighters on intercept - frequent (if I am forced to let them get that far). But not once have I seen an AI bomber. Maybe on the levels above Noble ?

Ai bombers? hm, never thought about this. I was often attack by AI fighter, but I can remember been attack by bombers. Bombers are very late units which need a lot of resources. Maybe start a modern or future era game to find out.

Using planes is one of the weakness of CIV4 AI.AI will use only sometimes bombers and also in an ineffective way, so when you reach modern age you can easily win a war using bombers and some fighters.
Bombers in this game are overpowered as artillery was overpowered in civ3.

i've never seen a bomber either, come to think of it. usually by then, i'm on an all out offensive against everybody too, so if they had any brains, they'd prioritize some military techs. often my AI gets SAM infantry before fighters on their race for space, so building fighters for intercepts is even more useless. really, if they had a few bombers that they stacked up and attacked my stacks, it would change my end game completely. as is, once i can build tanks, i go for radio, then kill everybody real fast.

Start in future era.

naterator said:
often my AI gets SAM infantry before fighters on their race for space,

Thats another odd thing:

I've seen a lot of SAMs in the Ai armies - that get easily killed by my promoted infantry (25% against gun + combat1 + pinch = 60% against SAM). Some MG and they have ´had a chance, but just SAMs. :confused: the Ai seems to "upgrade" all MGs to SAMs even if they are obviously useless.

The AI just bombed me into the stone age. I was going for space race, and the AI bombed all my mines and farms so the production in main producing cities slowed to a crawl and starved so I lost population. I lost the space race because the AI used the bombers perfectly.

Chamaedrys said:
Thats another odd thing:

I've seen a lot of SAMs in the Ai armies - that get easily killed by my promoted infantry (25% against gun + combat1 + pinch = 60% against SAM). Some MG and they have ´had a chance, but just SAMs. :confused: the Ai seems to "upgrade" all MGs to SAMs even if they are obviously useless.

The machine gunners of AI are converted to SAM Inf ASAP. The AI sees MGs as "outdated" and ALWAYS will upgrade them. Obviously the AI isn't coded to notice MGs, even when outdated, are a powerful defensive unit while SAM Inf are a niche anti-air unit.

TomOC said:
The AI just bombed me into the stone age. I was going for space race, and the AI bombed all my mines and farms so the production in main producing cities slowed to a crawl and starved so I lost population. I lost the space race because the AI used the bombers perfectly.

happy to hear, so maybe I will see some Ai bombers later:)

i had one rival left, and hemmed in on all sides...i had already won a domination victory, but wanted to see if I could take him out. I had only started making Helicopters, but he had those already, plus tanks and fighter planes...

if a specific AI civ doesn't get abused a whole lot during the game, they'll eventually get there.

marioflag said:
Using planes is one of the weakness of CIV4 AI.AI will use only sometimes bombers and also in an ineffective way, so when you reach modern age you can easily win a war using bombers and some fighters.
Bombers in this game are overpowered as artillery was overpowered in civ3.

Build up a small fleet of bombers and you can absolutely destroy any stack the ai throws against you. Then taking cities within range is a cakewalk.

I wonder how often the ai builds bunkers?

Top Bottom