B-17 Flying Fortress

dutchking

Deity
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8917
I've redone this unit with a new texture and model. The model is smoothed out and I've removed 200 vertices. Its called "Flak Pole". :p

There's a small bug where the back of the plane (elevators) kind of blink a little bit when you move the camera a lot. Before you really judge it you have to see it in Nifskope.

So that's what you've been up to! As far as I can tell (I've never been up close to one): great attention to detail, in short::goodjob:

PS: Sorry, can't test it for lack of time & knowhow...:(

You just load it to replace the default bomber.nif in a mod. :p

And I haven't only been up to this, I haven't been up to anything since before yesterday...

Well, it created a bomber folder in a mod which doesn't use any new air units, and dropped the content of your b-17 download in it. When I start the game and try to put a bomber ingame in the worldbuilder the game crashes. This doesn't happen when I try the same with other (vanilla) units, so I suppose there's something wrong with the model.

Well anyway the texture is 512x512, but the texture preview I gave you is 2048x2048. :p The following images include the B-17, the nose art, and the texture preview at full res.

That's a good idea! You can include two textures in the download for people to choose from! If you're using lots of special units you can go with the smaller size, but if you're only adding a few you can go all out and use the big one. :goodjob:

On a side note, Windows is being a sonofa. .. .. .. .. . and won't read my disk drive, so anyone who has time could you possibly test this out in game? I'm pretty sure everything is in order but you never know...

Equuleus told you not to start deleting random things in your Windows folder. There are better ways to increase disk space. :mischief:

There's that dark forest green again... the USAAF never used forest green... might want to make it more olive drab if you want to get the color accurate. The model looks nice though.

I'd say "already have it", but you already know.

There's that dark forest green again... the USAAF never used forest green... might want to make it more olive drab if you want to get the color accurate. The model looks nice though.

Oh, didn't you realize? Next upload will have the American star replaced by teamcolor. :mischief:

Oh, didn't you realize? Next upload will have the American star replaced by teamcolor. :mischief:

:lol: Actually, I think the American star on all of DK's planes is backwards! The "pointy top" should be facing forward, shouldn't it? :dunno: I'm sure Wolfshanze can speak about this better than I.

How many hours did you spend on this? It looks like quite a bit of detail (even more than usual). :king:

Equuleus told you not to start deleting random things in your Windows folder. There are better ways to increase disk space.
It worked for over 3 weeks after I cleared up the Windows folder, its just being a pain.
How many hours did you spend on this? It looks like quite a bit of detail (even more than usual).
About 4-5 hours. :p

And thanks for the screenie GeoModder.
That's a good idea! You can include two textures in the download for people to choose from! If you're using lots of special units you can go with the smaller size, but if you're only adding a few you can go all out and use the big one.
Its what I plan to do in the future as well. :mischief:

1. Its been 5 days.
2. When you delete 70% of your windows folder bad things happen.
3. We'll wipe the Axis right of the Disk! - [inside joke]

I really like this one with the art on the side with the 30 bombing runs?
According to USAAF policy, the crew/plane should have been sent back after 25. ;)

1. Its been 5 days.
2. When you delete 70% of your windows folder bad things happen.
3. We'll wipe the Axis right of the Disk! - [inside joke]
EQ what the hell are you doing here? It's been 3 weeks, I didn't delete 70% of my Windows folder, and you're goddamn annoying.
I really like this one with the art on the side with the 30 bombing runs?
Let me count...
Yes, 30. <_<

EQ what the hell are you doing here? It's been 3 weeks, I didn't delete 70% of my Windows folder, and you're goddamn annoying.

Correction, 9 days March 21 2008 is when you started deleting stuff and asked me "Do you really need System 32?". "I've cut windows from 6 GB to 1.7 so I'm happy" that = 71.6%

What does this have to do with a duplicate B-17 model in forest green?

Top Bottom