Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Colonization > Civ4Col - General Discussions

Notices

Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:46 PM   #101
Vasudan Ace
Ace Fighter Pilot

How do I stop the '99 more turns' thing?

(I played a custom game and made sure to TURN OFF Time Victory)
Vasudan Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:28 PM   #102
AAjus[LTU]
Chieftain

If I build a colony on a tile with 2 silver and 4 ore resources, will my colony produce only ore?
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:48 PM   #103
Piksou
Chieftain

Hi, Might be a stupid question but:
In the "Western Hemisphere" map, close to what would today Guyana, there is a swamp with tobacco. Does it make sense ? Isn't it as in the original col where you had ore in the hills, tobacco in the plains, etc ? In original col you could change certain terrain type, is it still the case ?

Thanks.
Piksou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 04:02 PM   #104
Bigfoot3814
Deity

Is there a way to get the natives to help me in my war of independence?
Old Oct 12, 2008, 05:53 PM   #105
Öjevind Lång
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot3814 View Post
Yes. If you have signed a mutual defence pact with an Indian tribe, they will go to war against your king when you declare your independence.
Öjevind Lång is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 11:33 PM   #106
Keeper_GFA
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAjus[LTU] View Post
If I build a colony on a tile with 2 silver and 4 ore resources, will my colony produce only ore?
Colony tiles should produce both goods.
Keeper_GFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:23 AM   #107
AAjus[LTU]
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper_GFA View Post
Colony tiles should produce both goods.
Unfortunately I couldn't build a colony on that tile. I gues it is not allowed to build colonies on peaks
Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:48 AM   #108
Krupo
Old-time newsgrouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasudan Ace View Post
How do I stop the '99 more turns' thing?

(I played a custom game and made sure to TURN OFF Time Victory)
I suggest you turn off the "Europe" victory too - see if that helps.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 02:33 PM   #109
Samson
Deity

How do you set up a trade route?
History has remembered Samson as a hero after he committed suicide by destroying a religious building during a civilian festival killing thousands of people including the leaders of a regime that had occupied his homeland.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2008, 03:29 PM   #110
dalgo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
How do you set up a trade route?
First go to your colony screen and change to 'Governor' view, then set up imports/exports for the goods you wish to move. The number beside the export switch is the minimum amount you wish retained in that colony. For instance if your are exporting tools from a colony producing cannons you would want to retain a minimum of 40 tools there.

Next select a wagon train and look for the 'assign trade routes' icon. This gives you a list of possible routes to choose from.
dalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 05:35 AM   #111
mboza
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot3814 View Post
If they are sufficiently happy with you, simply ask them to declare war on the King in their diplomacy screen. As several Founding Fathers give bonuses to native relations, they might be worth taking to help get the natives in the war.
mboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 01:10 AM   #112
jesusin
Ant

I don't have the game yet.

1.- What are the differences between this game and the original col1?

2.- Is there any other way of winning, appart from independence war?

3.- Is there any other way of losing, appart from another colony winning their independence war?

4.- Is it better to have less people in order to reach independence sooner?

5.- Can you still force the REF to land in the coastal tile of your preference by occupying other tiles? (cheeeeesy)
jesusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:23 AM   #113
dalgo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusin View Post
I don't have the game yet.

1.- What are the differences between this game and the original col1?

2.- Is there any other way of winning, appart from independence war?

3.- Is there any other way of losing, appart from another colony winning their independence war?

4.- Is it better to have less people in order to reach independence sooner?

5.- Can you still force the REF to land in the coastal tile of your preference by occupying other tiles? (cheeeeesy)
1. There are enough differences to fill a whole forum (ie this one). To give you a couple, the other foreign colonies are much weaker and the indians are much stronger. Go to war with the English, Spanish etc any time you like but think long and hard before declaring on the Incas.

2. No

3. There is a time factor this time round. On a standard game you have to win indepence within 300 turns or you lose.

4. Many think so, I actually find a bigger population and a longer game more enjoyable to play.

5. No, sorry
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:20 AM   #114
jesusin
Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalgo View Post
1. There are enough differences to fill a whole forum (ie this one). To give you a couple, the other foreign colonies are much weaker and the indians are much stronger. Go to war with the English, Spanish etc any time you like but think long and hard before declaring on the Incas.

2. No

3. There is a time factor this time round. On a standard game you have to win indepence within 300 turns or you lose.

4. Many think so, I actually find a bigger population and a longer game more enjoyable to play.

5. No, sorry
Thank you very much for your answers.

4.- So do I in col1. I have even invented different Victory Conditions for my own use. Having to focus only on accumulating a few bells and killing some dozens of REF units feels somewhat unsatisfactory.

5.- Don't be sorry! I am glad that the AI is improved and some of the cheesiness is gone!
Old Oct 23, 2008, 06:12 AM   #115
dalgo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusin View Post
So do I in col1. I have even invented different Victory Conditions for my own use. Having to focus only on accumulating a few bells and killing some dozens of REF units feels somewhat unsatisfactory.
I agree. By the time I declared independence the game was effectively over. I just used to fight the war to get my final score.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 07:10 PM   #116
Öjevind Lång
Deity

Quote:
I agree. By the time I declared independence the game was effectively over. I just used to fight the war to get my final score.
The same here. Unfortunately, I don't find the War of Independence much fun in Col II either. I'd like a longer game (as an option, at least), and other victory options.

By "a longer game", I don't mean a game where everything takes longer to build. I mean a longer game.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:13 PM   #117
dalgo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Öjevind Lång View Post
By "a longer game", I don't mean a game where everything takes longer to build. I mean a longer game.
Have you tried the Western Hemisphere (huge) map? I am playing it now and at turn 100 I have only uncovered half of the map. It has more of the endless exploration feel of Col 1. The Incas alone have 23 villages - and they've just declared war on me.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:46 PM   #118
Öjevind Lång
Deity

Quote:
Have you tried the Western Hemisphere (huge) map? I am playing it now and at turn 100 I have only uncovered half of the map. It has more of the endless exploration feel of Col 1. The Incas alone have 23 villages - and they've just declared war on me.
Wow. That does sound like old Col. But in my experience, the "huge" map in Col II mostly consists of additional water. I must have missed something there.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 09:12 AM   #119
UWHabs
Emperor

Whatever map I'm playing on now (I think it's a huge one from the AoD mod) is definitely big enough for me. By about turn 130, I'm finally done scouting the continent.

Although I really do think those warehouse expansions should sell more. I've got about 5 expert cotton planters working different plains tiles, and 3 master weavers in cloth factories, the FF to give +50% cotton, about 100% rebel sentiment in my towns, and I'm now up to about 900 cotton in my city with the warehouse expansion, and it keeps growing. Since the Warehouse expansion only sells like 5% a turn, it just keeps growing. Although I guess at this point, I'm about to declare independance, I should probably arm all those cotton planters, since I think I have enough cotton in storage to last through my independance...
UWHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:25 AM   #120
sefraza
Chieftain

hi, i'm a complete newbie to this game and to the forum so i hope you bear with me. i'm trying to find out - how can i get the "expert" immigrants to do their jobs and how can i get them working please? thank you
sefraza is offline   Reply With Quote