FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Link a screenshot of your Fall from Heaven 2 034 directory and I'll check it out.

I dont know how to take a screen shot of a directory... i would know how to do it with just about anything else, but a directory

I dont know how to take a screen shot of a directory... i would know how to do it with just about anything else, but a directory

Are you sure you installed the full mod (not just the patch)?

Playing on a standard Erebus map with 6 players and playing as Amurites. It's turn 329 and there is plenty of unexplored land or areas w/Fog of War. Yet I've never seen a animal lair and so far in the game have killed 2 bears & 1 polar bear. The only other animal I've seen is a spider that came out of a dungeon I explored. I know I usually play with double the animal spawning flag on, but this dearth of animals seems excessive. :sad:

Plus, I'm not sure, but do Amurites not get axemen? I have copper but can't build any; only swordsmen. :confused:

Oh playing with patch c.

Playing on a standard Erebus map with 6 players and playing as Amurites. It's turn 329 and there is plenty of unexplored land or areas w/Fog of War. Yet I've never seen a animal lair and so far in the game have killed 2 bears & 1 polar bear. The only other animal I've seen is a spider that came out of a dungeon I explored. I know I usually play with double the animal spawning flag on, but this dearth of animals seems excessive. :sad:

Plus, I'm not sure, but do Amurites not get axemen? I have copper but can't build any; only swordsmen. :confused:

Oh playing with patch c.

Yes the Amurites get swordsmen instead of axemen.

Animals stop spawning if their are a certain amount of cities on the map. I forget what the exact ratio is. But if you have to many cities (which is common if you used advanced start) you might not see very many.

Playing patch C:

The terrain effects of the Deepening are temporary, and barring the constant transformation into tundra via blizzards, will revert to the previous terrain type over time.

Playing patch C:

The terrain effects of the Deepening are temporary, and barring the constant transformation into tundra via blizzards, will revert to the previous terrain type over time.

That is how they are supposed to work.

In a game with Rhoanna - no advanced start, I got a leaves disciple from a dungeon adventure and much to my surprise I founded the religion (YAY!!).
I learn now that it's intended... But a few turns after I founded without the tech the Ljos got empy and trade was still impossible. It could be luck 'n' such, but maybe not. It was around the time where one could expect them to found the fol.

Why is that a problem?

Well, I assumed that python would be as particular here as it usually is, so that those defines would not work. Plus, when I decide to IDLE to check my changes to the file it gets really upset about those spaces and won't tell me if there are mistakes in th parts of the code I've changed.

1st issue, not a major bug, but in regards to
Cosmetic Issue #2 Can transport Airships inside Airships (Imuratep - Post 132)
Whenever I try to transport a group of airships without anything in them over water, they all seem to want to automatically stack as much as possible(aka, with 5 airships, 4 of them go inside the 5th airship). Kinda annoying if you don't want to risk losing them all to one attack.

2nd: Not really a bug, but an easy fix to one of the bugs listed here(system issue 8), the problem with having options set in a different mod, that turned on debug options in this(such as no tech):

I found that if I went to 'play now!', and started a game through that, it seemed to clear the "saved" options inside 'custom game', letting you clear them without having to go back and load ff to turn them off. Not sure if this is a bug with bts in general, or a feature :).

Here's one for ya: I completed the ritual "The deepening". Shortly after, i completed a temple of the white hand in a city, turning the adjacent tiles to ice from tundra thanks to the ritual. After a few turns though, the tiles are...melting back into the original terrain, even though the temple should have kept the ground iced over. Bug?

In a game with Rhoanna - no advanced start, I got a leaves disciple from a dungeon adventure and much to my surprise I founded the religion (YAY!!).
I learn now that it's intended... But a few turns after I founded without the tech the Ljos got empy and trade was still impossible. It could be luck 'n' such, but maybe not. It was around the time where one could expect them to found the fol.

Sounds like you may not be using the latest patch.

Well, I assumed that python would be as particular here as it usually is, so that those defines would not work. Plus, when I decide to IDLE to check my changes to the file it gets really upset about those spaces and won't tell me if there are mistakes in th parts of the code I've changed.

It shouldnt be a problem for python.

1st issue, not a major bug, but in regards to
Cosmetic Issue #2 Can transport Airships inside Airships (Imuratep - Post 132)
Whenever I try to transport a group of airships without anything in them over water, they all seem to want to automatically stack as much as possible(aka, with 5 airships, 4 of them go inside the 5th airship). Kinda annoying if you don't want to risk losing them all to one attack.

It is daft, but theres no real advantage to it so if players want to play matryoshka doll with their airships its fine with me.

Here's one for ya: I completed the ritual "The deepening". Shortly after, i completed a temple of the white hand in a city, turning the adjacent tiles to ice from tundra thanks to the ritual. After a few turns though, the tiles are...melting back into the original terrain, even though the temple should have kept the ground iced over. Bug?

Hmm.. gonna have to think about that. You cant set a new terrain during a temporary terrain (we are protecting the original terrain type) but i can see where it cause problems in this situation.

Both of these run fine for me. You are finishing the deepening so it could take a little time to resolve. Have you tried giving it some time to process? What operating system are you using? Does it crash or just pause for a while?

You're right, that's exactly what it was!

It is daft, but theres no real advantage to it so if players want to play matryoshka doll with their airships its fine with me.
[\QUOTE]

Ah, sorry I wasn't clear, it wasn't intended, I was moving 5 of them over the water to pick up some troops. When I left land, they were not nested, but the first square of water the entered, 4 of them went inside the 5th automatically. I assume it moved one into the square, and then used the autoload feature(or whatever its called) when moving troops into a water square with a boat to feel like it had it should load the others in there. I'm guessing they are treated as flying land units currently to make them possible to build in non-seaports? Wonder if there is a way to treat them as boats with flight, but still make them available in landlocked cities.

Events that give you the option of making peace (as a result of troop mercy) let you make peace with civilizations after the Draw ritual has been made.

Also, hell appears to effect some resources on iced tiles, more than once a corn or wheat resource has turned into a snake pillar or deer have become toads even though they were terraformed with Temple of the Hand.

This is under patch b.

I cant build alchemy labs. Are there any prerequisites besides sorcery?

IIRC, some civs can't build Alchemy labs.

Wraiths don't pass on experience as advertised. (Or perhaps, don't pass one experience if their caster has 100 already.)

Yeah, that ability was removed.

Patch "d" is linked in the first post. It wont break save games and contains the following changes (special thanks to Deon for his cool buildings!).

1. Pagan temples cant be captured anymore (to fix an issue with the temple of the hand).
2. Only the Illians can upgrade to High Priests of Winter (to fix an issue with no ai min levels).
3. Fixed a python error with Ascension.
4. You have to have iron working before you can find mithril weapons in a lair and bronze working before you can find iron weapons.
5. Adjusted all the Boss monster spawns (there was some stuff on the early game list, like ogres, that was bigger than some of the stuff on the late game list).
6. The Deepening temporary terrain conversion only hits 25% of the worlds tiles and its effect is modified by game speed (for processor and balance reasons).
7. Adjusted the Dwarf vs Lizardmen lair result so that the dwarves only start with bronze weapons if the barb player has that tech and the lizardmen only start with poisoned if the barb player has the hunting tech.
8. New Bazaar of Mammon building model by Deon.
9. New Sheaim Palace model by Deon.

Top Bottom