ARIP Locker room (new project in motion)

Jman47

Chieftain
Hello all and welcome to a new strategy help guide and personal improvement project, known as the ARIP- Alphabetical Rulers Improvement Project. after reading several of the ALP threads enjoying them, ive decided to start my own project for self improvement and fun, as well as information and a hub for general strategy discussion. this is the locker room, which will be the main thread where i list the basics of the project and general discussion takes place.

Any way the goal of this project is to improve my and others playing skills, by going through the leaders alphabetically and increasing the difficulty level as well as map difficulty when i acheive victories. the rules are-

1. I start with Alexander and go through to Zara, posting my game progress and taking tips from the pros. others can shadow the game but please put any potential spoilers in spoiler tags. i will start at noble difficulty, since i havnt played civ very often in a long time, and havnt even gotten past 500ad in a BTS game, due to things getting in the way, like a now cured WoW addiction and RL obligations.

2. In order to advance in difficulty level i must win 3 games with separate victory types. the first game of any difficulty level will be played in standard settings. after the first win i will increase the size of the map and the # of civs, after the second i will use a different map type then the standard continents. after the third i increase difficulty and start the cycle again.

3. if i happen to lose with certain leader i will give the game a second try, with the same settings, if i lose the second bid i will leave it up to consensus whether to try again or move to the next leader. i reserve the right to return to that leader at a separate time however, since i am obsessive compulsive and if i dont win with all leaders it may kill me.:p

4. ill post a save at each report for people to shadow, but no spoilers outside of spoiler tags please!

5. my final goal is to win at least one diety game, with any settings and leader. after i do so i will continue upon others request, if this turns out to be really popular.

that being said, here is a list of all 50- some odd leaders with their traits.

Alexander- Phi/Agg (Pre-Game Show Thread)(Game#1 Thread)
Asoka- Spi/Org
Augustus Ceaser- Ind/Imp
Bismarck- Exp/Ind
Boudica- Agg/Chm
Brennus- Spi/Chm
Catherine Cre/Imp
Charlemange Pro/Imp
Churchill- Chm/Pro
Darius I- Fin/Org
De Gualle- Ind/Chm
Elizabeth- Phi/Fin
Frederick- Phi/Org
Ghandi- Phi/Spi
Gengis Khan- Agg/Imp
Gilgamesh- Cre/Pro
Hammurabi Agg/Org
Hannibal- Fin/Chm
Hatshepsut- Spi/Cre
Huayna Capac- Ind/Fin
Isabella- Spi/Exp
Joao II- Exp/Imp
Julius Ceaser- Org/Imp
Justinian I- Spi/Imp
Kublai Khan- Agg/Cre
Lincoln- Phi/Chm
Louis XIV- Ind/Cre
Mansa Musa- Spi/Fin
Mao Zedong- Exp/Pro
Mehmet II- Exp/Org
Montezuma- Agg/Spi
Napoleon- Org/Chm
Pacal II- Exp/Fin
Pericles- Phi/Cre
Peter- Phi/Exp
Qin Shi Huang- Ind/Pro
Ramesses II- Spi/Ind
Ragnar- Agg/Fin
Roosevelt- Ind/Org
Saladin- Spi/Pro
Shaka- Agg/Exp
Sitting Bull- Phi/Pro
Stalin- Agg/Ind
Suleiman- Phi/Imp
Suryavarman II- Exp/Cre
Tokugawa- Agg/Pro
Victoria- Fin/Imp
Wang Kon- Fin/Pro
Washington- Exp/Chm
Willem Van Orange- Cre/Fin
Zara Yaqob- Cre/Org

WHEW thats quite a list- well at least its enough time to try and complete my goal.
anyway feel free to post your thoughts, if im going to start such a big project i need your imput and support to keep motivated!

also be sure to check back at this thread often, as it will contain links to all the threads based on a certain leader, right by that leaders name. since we are gonna start with Alexander, i will soon have the pre game discussion thread up with its link right next to Alexander's name. it might be after a couple of hours since i have a class to go to, but it will be soon.

Cheers!
-Jman47

It's a long haul but if you do it you'll definitely improve. I did something like this before becoming truly active on the forums, except starting w/ settler since I'd barely played previous civ at all.

Thanks TMIT- im going to get the pre-game alex thread written up now, since class was postponed. everyone will see it in the thread list, but ill put a link for reference anyways, for when its long done with if others want to read it.

I did similar things off-line to learn the game better and it helped alot. I managed to get through all vanilla, warlords, BTS leaders at different dififculties. Got through all 52 at emperor.

Good luck and I will follow the series.

From Noble to winning at Deity in 52 games? That would be quite a feat actually, excluding some heavy setting-cookage. Good luck! :)

Wish you luck and time to achieve it :)
I once started doing it myself, but as I was advancing levels, I got myself caught in using similar game schemes (especially on Emp and above).
As this forum is still on free access from work, I'll just sneak in and do some wisea$$ remarks now and then!

Top Bottom