Modmods Requests Thread

Has any one requested Sevo's Mastery Victory condition? I always kind of liked it 'cause it allows you to play with all the victory conditions, while still being able to continue on with the game till much later. I know it's in Keldeth's Overlord and Avain's Quot Capita mods, so it has been updated to 3.19, but I don't know how hard it would be to add as a modmod. I know the talented modmoder's here already have alot of requests, but sometime way in the future it would be kinda cool to have as a victory condition I think :D

Has any one requested Sevo's Mastery Victory condition? I always kind of liked it 'cause it allows you to play with all the victory conditions, while still being able to continue on with the game till much later. I know it's in Keldeth's Overlord and Avain's Quot Capita mods, so it has been updated to 3.19, but I don't know how hard it would be to add as a modmod. I know the talented modmoder's here already have alot of requests, but sometime way in the future it would be kinda cool to have as a victory condition I think :D

I want that too. But MINUS! Time Victory, please! I absolutely hate Time Victory.

I am refering to this:

On another note, seeing Trade Caravans being discussed again, I always thought it was a little strange that trade caravans paid out lump sums once they are deployed (being a derivative of the great merchant). How about an alternative implementation?

When I deploy a TC in a foreign city, how about a building is spawned in the foreign city which is "English trade caravan" (where I am the English player). It would grant a bonus to the foreign city (perhaps 5% of the city's gold output) and also deliver the same bonus gold to the person who sent it, via the same mechanism as the privateer gold plundering. After a certain number of turns the building will expire. Sending further trade caravans merely replace the building and reset its timer.

I like a few things about this, i.e. trade caravans benefit both the sender and the recipient (so pick who you trade with), the income for both people is a stream rather than a lump sum (mor realistic, easier to balance) and it seems less exploitable (sending countless TCs to the same city won't yield extra gold). Thoughts?

I was thinking of trade caravans being modded as well, a "building" could be a caravansary . I would like to see little addons for it, once you built one, for example if you build a caravansary+fur-trader you're able to establish a fur-caravan to a country (if you have open borders with and if it has that resource) for paying a certain amount of gold/turn (which the country you trade with gets automatically and which is stalled once you connect the certain resource yourself) and receiving that res. A stone-, iron-, or timber-caravan would be more expensive of course, as it is a lot harder to transport heavy goods over long distances.

The effect would be a little bit like the castle-mod-mod I think, taking the trade out of the hands of the leaders, and making it possible to trade with a civ once it has even only 1 res, it would certainly help the availability of ressources for smaller civs...

There should be put a lot more thought in it, of course, and doing it right could give the game an economic mod like spies-mod, revolutions-mod and defense(castle)-mod. Anyone on this with me?

I am refering to this:

I was thinking of trade caravans being modded as well, a "building" could be a caravansary . I would like to see little addons for it, once you built one, for example if you build a caravansary+fur-trader you're able to establish a fur-caravan to a country (if you have open borders with and if it has that resource) for paying a certain amount of gold/turn (which the country you trade with gets automatically and which is stalled once you connect the certain resource yourself) and receiving that tech. A stone-, iron-, or timber-caravan would be more expensive of course, as it is a lot harder to transport heavy goods of long distances.

The effect would be a little bit like the castle-mod-mod I think, taking the trade out of the hands of the leaders, and making it possible to trade with a civ once it has even only 1 res, it would certainly help the availability of ressources for smaller civs...

There should be put a lot more thought in it, of course, and doing it right could give the game an economic mod like spies-mod, revolutions-mod and defense(castle)-mod. Anyone on this with me?

Interesting. I have a bit too much on my plate, and am taking this weekend off from modding, but this could be a good idea....

My hope is that rom1.03 with modules can become RoM Lite for those with older computers. A stripped down less CPU demanding form of RoM so more ppl can enjoy zappara's work and brain child. And that simple Modules could be made to give it "enhancements".

I still have RoM2.0, 2.2Full, 2.5full, 2.6Full, 2.62Full, 2.71Full and 2.8beta. I also still have RoM0.8 the 1st incarnation of RoM for BtS. I save things like this.

JosEPh

Edit: just a reminder. I know you are very busy. If you can squeeze me in sometime in the future that would be nice.

I have some new ideas about some of the mods I posted before (such as the Music Mod). Should I wait to post them or just post them now?

Sure, why not. I have an ∞ of stuff to do already, but if you could make an organized list of highest priority, in your mind, to lowest priority, it would be great.

Also, include other modmod ideas that you prevoiusly mentioned, and either rewrite them again, or quote your posts, so I don't need to find them again. I've got the Health and Happiness Tech modifiers 100% working, so I can proceed on the NIMBY modmod again. And a better layout of the Military Training modmod may be in order.

I'm ready to get dirty modding again. ;)

Is it possible to have cities named automatically to their correct location name, to avoid things such as a northern london?

Sorry if this is in one of the modmods already.

Sure, why not. I have an ∞ of stuff to do already, but if you could make an organized list of highest priority, in your mind, to lowest priority, it would be great.

Also, include other modmod ideas that you previously mentioned, and either rewrite them again, or quote your posts, so I don't need to find them again. I've got the Health and Happiness Tech modifiers 100% working, so I can proceed on the NIMBY modmod again. And a better layout of the Military Training modmod may be in order.

I'm ready to get dirty modding again. ;)

Well then I pick the Domestic Animal and Farming modmods first. Here we go ...

-----------------------------

Domestic Animal Mod

Note that plus to Unhealthiness was added to them to represent poop. I am also unsure if you want a "waste" resource. If you are adding resources you might want to add a milk or egg resource as well.

Horse Farm
Cost: 180
Unhealthiness: +2 (Animal Poop)

Requires: Horse Breeding, Stable, Horse Resource

Special Abilities
  • +1 Farm Production within City Radius (Plow Horse)
  • +1 Trade Routes (Cart Horse)

----

Cow Farm
Food: +2 (Milk, Meat)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Cow Resource

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for India Empire
  • +5% :culture: with Hinduism (Sacred Cow)

----

Sheep Farm
Cost 160
Unhealthiness: +1 (Animal Poop)
Food: +1 (Meat)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Sheep Resource

Special Abilities
  • Produces Wool Resource
  • Double Production for Celtic Empire

----

Pig Farm
Cost 160

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Pig Resource

Special Abilities
  • +1 Unhappiness with Judaism Religion
  • +1 Unhappiness with Islam Religion

----

Elephant Trainer
Unhealthiness: +3 (Animal Poop)
Production: +2 (Mahout Labor)
Happiness: +1 (Entertainment)

Requires: Elephant Riding, Ivory Resource

Special Abilities
  • +1 Lumber Mill Production within City Radius
  • Double production speed for Khmer Empire
  • Double production speed for India Empire
  • +5% :culture: with Hinduism (Elephant God)

----

Falconry
Cost: 130
Espionage: +1 (Can Send Messages)
Food: +1 (Help with Hunting)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Aristocracy

Obsolete:Telegraph

Special Abilities
  • +1 :) with Nobility.
  • Double production speed for Nomad leaders.

----

Donkey Farm

Requires: Horse Breeding, Stable, Horse Resource

Obsolete: Cloning

Special Abilities
  • +1 Mine Production within City Radius (Not for Upgraded Mines)
  • +1 Trade Routes

----

Camel Farm

Requires: Bazaar

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Arabian Empire
  • Required to make Camel Archer.
  • +2 Trade Routes

----

Llama and Alpaca Farm

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Construction

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Inca Empire
  • Produces Wool Resource.
  • +2 Trade Routes.

----

Yak Farm
Food: +1 (Milk)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Weaving, Mountaineering, Cow Resource

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Mongol Empire
  • Double Production for Chinese Empire
  • Produces Wool Resource
  • +1 Trade Routes
  • Peaks Only.

----

Reindeer Farm
Food: +2 (Meat and Milk)
Gold: +2 (Antlers and Hide)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Deer Resource

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Viking Empire
  • Double Production for Russian Empire
  • +1 Trade Routes
  • Only 40' Latitude and Above

----

Oxen Farm
Food: +1 (Milk)
Production: +1 (Cart and Plow)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Cow Resource

Special Abilities
  • Double production speed for Agricultural leaders.
  • +1 Food from Rice OR Wheat.
  • +1 Trade Routes

----

Goat Farm
Cost 160
Food: +2 (Milk and Meat)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Sheep Resource

Special Abilities
  • Produces Wool Resource
  • Double Production for Babylonian Empire
  • Double Production for Sumerian Empire

----

Cat Breeder
Cost: 150
Happiness: +1 (Pet)
Health: +1 (Removing Vermin)
Culture: +1 (Show Cats)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Ceremonial Burial

Special Abilities
  • +1 :) with Kemetism. (Egyptian Cat Worship)
  • +1 :culture: with Kemetism. (Egyptian Cat Worship)
  • Double Production for Egyptian Empire

----

Chicken Coop
Food: +2 (Meat and Eggs)

Requires: Animal Husbandry

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for India Empire (They 1st Domesticated Chickens)

----

Homing Pigeon Coop
Cost: 150
Espionage: +5 (Sending Messages)

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Writing

Obsolete: Telegraph

• Can turn 1 Citizen into Spy.

----

Parrot Aviary
Gold: +1 (Feathers)

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Aztec Empire
  • Double Production for Maya Empire

----

Turkey Farm

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Aztec Empire
  • Double Production for Maya Empire
  • Double Production for Native American Empire
  • Double Production for Iroquois Empire
  • Double Production for American Empire

----

Duck and Goose Farm
Food: +2 (Meat and Eggs)

Special Abilities
  • +1 :food: for River City.

----

Cormorant Trainer

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Fishing

Special Abilities
  • +1 Food with Fish.
  • +1 Food for Coastal City.
  • +1 Food for River City.
  • Double Production for China Empire
  • Double Production for Japan Empire

----

Rabbit Hutch
Food: +1 (Yes you can eat them too)

Requires: Biology

Special Abilities
  • Produces Wool Resource. (Angora Rabbits)
  • +5% :science: to Laboratory

----

Rodent Breeder (Mice, Rats, Hamster and Gerbils)

Special Abilities
  • +5% :culture: with Hinduism (Rat God)

----

Guinea Pig Farm
Food: +1 (The Inca originally ate them for food, not pets)

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Inca Empire

----

Koi Pond
Cost: 200
Happiness: +1
Culture: +1

Requires: Fishing, Animal Husbandry, Buddhism

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Japanese Empire

----

Bear Trainer
Cost: 500

Requires: Animal Husbandry, Music

Obsolete: Motion Pictures

Special Abilities
  • +5% :gold:
  • Double Production for Russian Empire
  • Double Production for German Empire

----

Snake Charmer
Cost: 250

Obsolete: Motion Pictures

Special Abilities
  • Double Production for Egypt Empire
  • Double Production for Persia Empire
  • Double Production for India Empire

----

Dog Breeder
Cost: 200
Happiness: +1 (Pets)
Production: +1 (Work Dogs)
Health: +1 (Removing Vermin)
Culture: +1 (Show Dogs)
Espionage: +1 (Guard Dogs)

Special Abilities
  • +1 :hammers: with Sheep (Sheep Dogs)
  • +1 :hammers: with Cows (Cattle Dogs)
  • +1 :food: with Deer (Hunting Dogs)
  • +1 Trade (Sled Dogs)
  • +1 :health: with Medicine (Seeing Eye Dog / Assistant Dog)

----

Monkey Breeder
Commerce: +1

Special Abilities
  • +5% :culture: with Hinduism (Monkey God)
  • +5% :gold: with Biology (Organ Grinder Monkey, Circus Monkey and Zoo Monkey)
  • +5% :health: with Medicine (Assistant Monkey)
  • +5% :science: to Laboratory (Lab Monkey)
  • +5% Production Speed for Apollo Program (Space Monkey)

----

Pet Shop
Commerce: +1

Special Abilities
  • +1 Gold with Fish Resource.
  • Upgrades to Clone Pet Store.

----

Cloned Pet Store
Cost: 1000
Happiness: +2
Culture: +2
Commerce: +2

Requires: Cloning Laboratory

Special Abilities
  • +1 Gold with Fish Resource.
  • Upgrades Pet Shop.

-----------------------------

Farm Mod

Bureau of Farm Management (National Wonder. Requires: Weather Forecasting; Obsolete: Planetary Economics)

• +20% Food stored in City
  • +1 Healthiness in all cities
  • Free Warehouse in all cities

Warehouse (Only available through BoFM; Obsolete: Planetary Economics):

• +10% Food Stored in City
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 with Globalization
  • +1 :hammers: from Knowledge Management

Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)

• +1
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 from Gene Manipulation

Fair Grounds (Requires: Tourism; Obsolete: Orbital Flight)

• +30% Maintenance
  • +1 Happiness per 20% Culture Rate
  • +1 Happiness

Organic Market (Requires: Modern Health Care; Obsolete: Terra Computer)

• +2 Health
  • +1 :)
  • -5% Food
  • +5% Food with Environmental Economics
Florist (Requires: Railroad; Obsolete: Gene Manipulation)

• +5% Gold
  • +5% Culture
  • +5% Gold with Tourism

Other ideas without stats ...

- Greenhouse

- Hydroponic Farm or Hydroponics Lab (While they can do any plant it probably should boost hemp resource somehow. You know those pothead and their hydroponics)

- Arboretum

- Botanical Gardens (National Wonder)

- Community Garden

- Rooftop Garden [Req Skyscraper]

- Pumpkin Patch / Christmas Tree Lot. (If you want to get all festive for Holidays. I am guessing it should probably require Christianity to be present it the city too.).

Just some insight from me, no criticism intended coz I like the ideas:

* Domestic Animal Mod: Does the mod improvements here make new resources (milk, pet, wool, etc?) that are tradable? Or is only the main/parent resource tradable as before?

* Domestic Animal Mod: Please lay low on the animal poop factor. For example a horse farm produces not so much waste as a cow or pig farm. And if you want to include som many options, then having a city build many of them will cause too high a degree of unhealthiness to make it worth it. Reduce the unhealthiness to maybe 1 for the most "dirty" of the farms, while none for the rest. And perhaps it would be possible to include new animal resources? Such as yak oxen, actual camels, goats (in addition to sheep). Also, I was wondering if the Arab civ could have a Unique Building that could give purebred (white) horses?

* Botanical Gardens (Great Wonder): Perhaps you should consider to make this a national wonder instead? In my experience, all countries (and many cities within that country) have had their own botanical gardens...

* Pumpkin Patch / Christmas Tree Lot. (If you want to get all festive for Holidays. I am guessing it should probably require Christianity to be present it the city too.): Great idea, perhaps it would be possible to add pumpkins as a resource? I guess the christmas tree lot should not require any special resource since it is easily accessible.

And speaking of holidays, why not found holidays in the same way as religion or corporations? The choices of holidays depend upon state religion, of course, so if you have Christianity as a state religion, you cannot found Ramadan (islam), and only pagan religions (no state religion) can found the celebration of the equinoxes etc. This means that there will be many more holidays than religions/corporations, but they only give a special bonus triggered on random events (?).

Possible example of an event that suddenly occurs in a city/civ with a particular holiday: "Celebration of Christmas/Halloween/Spring Equinox has been celebrated greatly this year". Then a bonus of happiness or gold is given.

Maybe a holiday can be founded by great prophets, and can be chosen when achieving particular techs? Remember, that many of the holidays we celebrate today actually predate our current state religion, so it does not matter if you found a holiday that you may later think is odd to have. And you can always remove holidays with an inquisitor.

Finally, I request a lawyer unit that can remove corporations from a city...

Just some insight from me, no criticism intended coz I like the ideas:

* Domestic Animal Mod: Does the mod improvements here make new resources (milk, pet, wool, etc?) that are tradable? Or is only the main/parent resource tradable as before?

* Domestic Animal Mod: Please lay low on the animal poop factor. For example a horse farm produces not so much waste as a cow or pig farm. And if you want to include som many options, then having a city build many of them will cause too high a degree of unhealthiness to make it worth it. Reduce the unhealthiness to maybe 1 for the most "dirty" of the farms, while none for the rest. And perhaps it would be possible to include new animal resources? Such as yak oxen, actual camels, goats (in addition to sheep). Also, I was wondering if the Arab civ could have a Unique Building that could give purebred (white) horses?

* Botanical Gardens (Great Wonder): Perhaps you should consider to make this a national wonder instead? In my experience, all countries (and many cities within that country) have had their own botanical gardens...

* Pumpkin Patch / Christmas Tree Lot. (If you want to get all festive for Holidays. I am guessing it should probably require Christianity to be present it the city too.): Great idea, perhaps it would be possible to add pumpkins as a resource? I guess the christmas tree lot should not require any special resource since it is easily accessible.

1. I am ok with it either way. Its up to Afforess if they will give resources.

2. Well I was just responding to Afforess's last comment saying they did not give enough negative effect.

3. Good point. I am not sure why i put "Great Wonder". I ment "National Wonder".

4. I understand Christianity for the Christmas Tree lot but would a pumpkins for Halloween be Christian? Is it Christian? Pagan? Or even no specific religion?

-------

@Black Rose

Sounds like we are in need of a Holiday Mod. ;)

Does the mod improvements here make new resources

Its up to Afforess if they will give resources.

No. No they will not. I am not going to touch resources with a 100-foot pole, after watching generalstaff get punished for his efforts...

I'm afraid resources are maxed out, I can not add any to the game.

Otherwise, I think everything looks fine HydromancerX

Do you have any ideas for the rest of the Farm Mod Buildings?

Yes, but first, I think the domesticated animals mod should be merged with the Farming mod. It's too similar. Then, I think some consolidation is in order. Variety is good, but can be overwhelming.

I think we need to start over with the farms.

Having all those new buildings would only serve to clutter the middle ages even more. Some of them don't seem to have enough benefits, others seem potentially unbalancing. Expanding farms to inside of the city seems like that it would cause cities to grow too quickly. It would be a lot of effort to rebalance the game.

I'm not even sure they should make it as a modmod. Those types of improvements are better left to tiles, not cities...

But, I have more idea's here:

Farm Mod

Bureau of Farm Management (National Wonder. Requires: Weather Forecasting; Obsolete: Planetary Economics)

• +20% Food stored in City
  • +1 Healthiness in all cities
  • Free Warehouse in all cities

Warehouse (Only available through BoFM; Obsolete: Planetary Economics):

• +10% Food Stored in City
  • +1 :gold: with Refrigeration
  • +1 :hammers: with Globalization
  • +1 :hammers: from Knowledge Management

Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)

• +1 :food:
  • +1 :food: with Refrigeration
  • +1 :food: from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 :food: from Gene Manipulation

Fair Grounds (Requires: Tourism; Obsolete: Orbital Flight)

• +30% Maintenance
  • +1 Happiness per 20% Culture Rate
  • +1 Happiness

Organic Market (Requires: Modern Health Care; Obsolete: Terra Computer)

• +2 Health
  • -5% Food
  • +5% Food with Environmental Economics

• +5% Gold
  • +5% Culture
  • +5% Gold with Tourism

Greenhouse (Requires: Agricultural Engineering; Obsolete: Vertical Farming)

• +5% :science:
  • +1 :food: with Electronics
  • +3% :science:, :gold: with Computers
  • +20% Maintenance

Hydroponics Lab
(Requires: Climate Models; Obsolete: Terra Computer)

• Requires a coastal city
  • +3 :food:
  • +1 :food: with Ecological Engineering
  • +35% Maintenance

Arboretum
(Requires: Tourism & Ecology; Obsolete: Sentient Earth)

• +10% :gold:
  • +1 :health:

Botanical Gardens (National Wonder)
(Requires: Tourism, Applied Economics, & Ecology; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)

• +25% :gold:
  • +10% :science:
  • +2 :health:
Community Garden (Requires: Medicine; Obsolete: Globalization)
  • +1 :health:
  • +1 :food: with Long-Range Forecasting

Edit:

I think that a worlds religions mod may be interesting, with specific buildings for each religion, like the Christmas Tree lot... for Christianity...

Comments?

Might I be able to request that somebody develop a modmod that prohibits advancement into or beyond the tech era of the player's choice?
While I'm normally loath to quote myself, I'd like to ask for this again, as the one to which Afforess posted a link does not seem to be compatible with the most recent version of RoM any more now that 2.8 is out—it is a modification to CvGameUtils.py, which no longer exists in the current version. I've tried copying the modification to RoMGameUtils.py instead, as that seems to have taken its place, but nothing changed in the game that I could see.

Yes, but first, I think the domesticated animals mod should be merged with the Farming mod. It's too similar. Then, I think some consolidation is in order. Variety is good, but can be overwhelming.

Ack! Please no! Please please please keep all those animal types. I already "consolidated" them once. There is a reason why I want to have a variety of animal buildings. Pleeeese do not change the number and which animals are made in them. I have worked hard on planning out this one. And i would really like to have it made exactly like i posted it. I am begging you to please make this as its own separate mod from the farm mod with the building stats just as they appear in my post.

They had Florists in Ancient Rome. I think it should appear much earlier than Railroad.

i know this is messing with the current flow but i'd love to see Mithraic religion in the game. Maybe increasing espionage totals and give military bonuses with higher levels of tmeples.

Top Bottom