Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Hikaro, you are quite correct about my thoughts on Bethmonster. Although, my brother is playing New Vegas, and I can see the affect of having the original designers, Obsidian, doing the game. But Fakeout 3 and it's crappy DLC's will never be anything but bovine excrement to me. :D

On the difficulty, it is only really difficult if you leave the barb camps alone and let them DC's percolate. :lol:

:nuke: Cheers, Thor :nuke:

I LOVED the third and 4th fallout....I thought that they were glitchy but I think that it was kind of a necessary update to the old fallout one and two. It was just a different style, you can calm down, the games did not get highly rated because they sucked. I played all 4 and honestly I love them all, just a different style.

I LOVED the third and 4th fallout....I thought that they were glitchy but I think that it was kind of a necessary update to the old fallout one and two. It was just a different style, you can calm down, the games did not get highly rated because they sucked. I played all 4 and honestly I love them all, just a different style.

Have fun all you want with Fakeout three. As for just a different play style, no, not even close. They totally changed what the universe was about. For example, the Brotherhood of Steel was NOT a crusading organization. They were secretive, small, and technology hoarding. Not out to save the wastelands as Fakeout three changed them into.

The goat crap at the beginning was a freakin' abomination for character creation. Vats was an idiotic addition since it made combat so damned easy. Now, I could go on and on, but alas, it would do no good.

So, if you like Bethmonster's version of Fallout, more power to you. But at least recognize the fact it is a FINO, Fallout in name only, and leave it at that.

Let's keep the discussion to the mod, to keep the thread civil, since we know folks are passionate about their version of Fallout. ;):lol:

Hello
I found bug three times in same times. I play Enclave. "Load Error Error reading fille Missing entry in text/PediaIcons.txt: WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Palace". Any idea?

Hello
I found bug three times in same times. I play Enclave. "Load Error Error reading fille Missing entry in text/PediaIcons.txt: WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Palace". Any idea?

Are you using Civ Complete? If so you will have to redirect the URL the .bix looks for to where ever the game has been installed.

I checked the zip file and the pic is there. So thats the only thing I can think of.

I thought this might be interesting to some folks. A few Finnish students have done a video for Gone with the Blast web-comic. Fallout-themed and worth a watch!

Are you using Civ Complete? If so you will have to redirect the URL the .bix looks for to where ever the game has been installed.

I checked the zip file and the pic is there. So thats the only thing I can think of.

Yes I use Civ Complete ver. 1.22. Where I must do this?

@DrixPL: Often that error comes up because of this:
When you unzip/unrar the main file, these programs often create a duplicate folder. The main Fallout folder should contain folders Art, Text, and Sounds. If it contains another Fallout folder, then this is the duplicate the unzip/unrar program made. Simply copy / paste the inner Fallout folder to the correct directory (CivIII/Conquests/Scenarios e.g.) and all will work.

Have fun all you want with Fakeout three. As for just a different play style, no, not even close. They totally changed what the universe was about. For example, the Brotherhood of Steel was NOT a crusading organization. They were secretive, small, and technology hoarding. Not out to save the wastelands as Fakeout three changed them into.

The goat crap at the beginning was a freakin' abomination for character creation. Vats was an idiotic addition since it made combat so damned easy. Now, I could go on and on, but alas, it would do no good.

So, if you like Bethmonster's version of Fallout, more power to you. But at least recognize the fact it is a FINO, Fallout in name only, and leave it at that.

Let's keep the discussion to the mod, to keep the thread civil, since we know folks are passionate about their version of Fallout. ;):lol:

You are being sarcastic, aren't you? Fallout 3 is one of the best games ever made and New Vegas isn't too bad either. I agree about the BoS, but in New Vegas they are like in Fo1 and Fo2. VATS was crap, but I just never used it, easy as that. I would play Fo1 and 2 but I just can't stand the age-old graphics and playing style, I just get bored. Would be great if they redone it with modern grpahics and the new engine.

Fallout 3 is one of the best games ever made
This is like the people who think Red Faction Guerilla was amazin'.
F3 lacked any character at all, it was a repetitive slaughter fest that was super easy, with idiotic AI and a total lack of mechanical or character depth. Within 30-45 minutes of entering the wasteland I will have the guns and armor I will use for the rest of the game, which basically involves running up to two feet from people and shooting them in the face. Nothing you do has any real consequences, accumulating money is ridiculously easy, most of the weapons, armor and characters are useless. The game was fun for about two months of aimless slaughter, but it was about as good as Doom 3; throwaway. Oblivion was a much better game, they really dropped the ball on F3.
There is absolutely no reason to use your Charisma, Perception or Luck stats, just dump them and end up with perfect scores in Agility, Int and Endurance; you can tank through anything. Same enemies, same weapons, same repetitive locations over and over and over again. It was okay for screwing around, but compared to Fallout 1 and 2 it's stupid and doesn't really resemble them at all.
Washington DC is a freaking swamp, nuclear weapons would not turn it into a rocky desert; if anything it'd be a jungle. The whole game made absolutely no sense. F1 and F2 were nonsensical at times, but at least they were clever and the conversations were actually relevant to the game.
New Vegas is better than F3, but it's still stupid and repetitive.

This is like the people who think Red Faction Guerilla was amazin'.
F3 lacked any character at all, it was a repetitive slaughter fest that was super easy, with idiotic AI and a total lack of mechanical or character depth. Within 30-45 minutes of entering the wasteland I will have the guns and armor I will use for the rest of the game, which basically involves running up to two feet from people and shooting them in the face. Nothing you do has any real consequences, accumulating money is ridiculously easy, most of the weapons, armor and characters are useless. The game was fun for about two months of aimless slaughter, but it was about as good as Doom 3; throwaway. Oblivion was a much better game, they really dropped the ball on F3.
There is absolutely no reason to use your Charisma, Perception or Luck stats, just dump them and end up with perfect scores in Agility, Int and Endurance; you can tank through anything. Same enemies, same weapons, same repetitive locations over and over and over again. It was okay for screwing around, but compared to Fallout 1 and 2 it's stupid and doesn't really resemble them at all.
Washington DC is a freaking swamp, nuclear weapons would not turn it into a rocky desert; if anything it'd be a jungle. The whole game made absolutely no sense. F1 and F2 were nonsensical at times, but at least they were clever and the conversations were actually relevant to the game.
New Vegas is better than F3, but it's still stupid and repetitive.

Fair enough thats your opinion but I still prefer F3 over New Vegas and F1 + F2, and thats my opinion. I'll admit Oblivion was better but for me thats becuase I preferred the setting. Really though, it's just down to opinion. Also, I really like Red Faction: Guerilla :D

ohh.. I can´t resist:
Fallout 3 was realy kind of boring and barely playable without mods. And had some severe logical errors.
But NV is a huge step up. Sure, it´s not the same as 1 and 2, but your actions matter for many places, the companions are good.. only thing is the distances are to short...

Oh, and I barely use VATS, because I prefer sniping anyway... at distances were VATS doesn´t work :D

when I try to build the BOS airship the game crashes, saying something about a missing unit file or something. I'd give you the exact error message, but I was pretty far into the game and hadn't saved yet. so it would be quite a task to get to that point again. :(

oh and while I'm here, this mod is amazing! the only thing I don't like is that the tribals start with three suits of Power Armor MK2, which can cause some real havoc early on.

I've yet to also see some rare encounter's with alien's as well... or alien ship wreckage. See if you can add one as a rare resource.

4. And you won't. Bethmonster's crappy Mothership Zeta, or whatever it was called, will not soil this mod.

Well, there was a crashed spaceship in Fallout 1, complete with a laser gun and an Elvis portrait. Maybe darkedone02 meant this one.

oh and while I'm here, this mod is amazing! the only thing I don't like is that the tribals start with three suits of Power Armor MK2, which can cause some real havoc early on.
Seconded. If they wanted to, the Northern Tribes could easily steamroll anyone nearby. :sad:
You could try switching it to earlier Power Armor, or reducing the number. Anyway, I stopped lurking just to say that I really enjoy this mod and I will be looking forward to any updates.

Actually, version that is up now is still the broken version that got fixed long time ago, but for some reason never became uploaded. New versions had lots of new graphics and even some new units. Thorgrimm still should have some gfx and units that civfanatics have never seen publicly, unless if maybe he has had some problems with comp and lost the stuff we once sent him. You may hope that he still is working on new version, but easier would be to fix these small mistakes in this version on your own.

Actually, version that is up now is still the broken version that got fixed long time ago, but for some reason never became uploaded. New versions had lots of new graphics and even some new units. Thorgrimm still should have some gfx and units that civfanatics have never seen publicly, unless if maybe he has had some problems with comp and lost the stuff we once sent him. You may hope that he still is working on new version, but easier would be to fix these small mistakes in this version on your own.

As a matter of fact, I did have a comp hdd failure. And the backups I had did not have the latest items in it. :(

If folks are still having problems, please list them here and I will look into what can be done. Since most of the original team has vanished, and what they sent me with it.

Seconded. If they wanted to, the Northern Tribes could easily steamroll anyone nearby. :sad:
You could try switching it to earlier Power Armor, or reducing the number. Anyway, I stopped lurking just to say that I really enjoy this mod and I will be looking forward to any updates.

To a player, no, they can't. To the AI I have seen them wipe out the Vaulters because the AI would not defend the resources they need to keep making their special units. So the Vaulters would get weaker over time.

They are a serious pain in the backside, but if the Enclave or Vaulters decide from the beginning to wipe them out they have the units to do so.

As an example the Enclave just takes his PA and Combat Armored units and he can take their capitol, I should know, I have done it. :D

Sure, if you let them grow their ability to move so very fast will become a pain as they wipe out your improvements. But as for taking your cities, if they are defended properly, not gonna happen.

I stated from the beginning, this mod was not going to be a normal civ mod, you would have to think outside of the box. AKA, it is TOUGH! :lol: As it should be, representing a blasted world. :cool:

Top Bottom