Age of War PBEM

Darius

Smith, Wesson, and me
This is a PBEM of the Age of War scenario which is in a way meant to replace the Pre-WWI PBEM that recently ended. For those of you that don't know, Age of War begins encompassing 1900 Europe, western Russia, the Levant, and North Africa, and it lasts until 1950.

This is the order so far:

Russia: Sas
Italy:
France:
Germany: Darius
Ottoman Empire:
Great Britain:
Spain: Rhodry

Academia is going to play too I think but he hasn't chosen a civ, and we welcome anyone else that wants to play.

One more time, FORZA ITALIA!!!!:D

isn't germany a little unbalanced in this scenario?

*reads it* jesus....germany got walloped....and it was nice to see Britain get a hefty chunk too

Yep, all you have to do is balance it out with alliances.

Italy: Academia
France:
Ottoman Empire:
Great Britain:

We certainly can't start without France, Turkey and GB

I'll be Great Britain

France:
Ottoman Empire:
Great Britain: Sun Tzu

I think we can go without a Turkey, but not without a France.

I'm not sure where the scenario is located, but France in 1900 sounds interesting.

I thought this scenario was more well-known, but I guess not. This is the intro to the scenario:

The Age of War, 1900-1950

After dividing up the the rest of the world after 1850, the European states Turned once more to local rivalry. Since Waterloo, the wars had been short and relatively bloodless. The Crimean War, the Six Weeks War, and the Franco-Prussian War were bloody but brief.

England, France, and Germany, the Industrial giants, built fleets of warships and vast armies. Italy, Russia, and Austria, facing social unrest, irredentism, and flagging claims to international prestige, all sought to somehow keep pace, thereby placing undue strain on their nascent industrial economies. Every summer new international crises appeared, and the inevitability of war became increasingly clear to all the powers.

Imperialism had run its course, now the nations of Europe would become involved in the contest to determine not simply European hegemony, but world hegemony. The wars would come; the conclusion was inescapable. The only question was where would the powder keg explode and how long would the colossal contest last?

It begins in that time period and encompasses all technologies and weapons that were in use until roughly the start of the Cold War in real history, and is accepted as one of the great CivII scenarios as far as I can see.

The game:

Cool, this started fast.

France: PinkyGen
Ottoman Empire:
Great Britain: Sun Tzu

Screw Turkey, just get this party started sas (Russia starts in the scen).

Finally, here is the Age of War starting map, courtesy of who else but Grothgar:

Attachments

• aow.gif
    aow.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 758
i say wwe need a Turkey

All right, how long whould we wait though?

I would very much like to be Ottoman Empire, if it is still open.
Hope for a positive response.

Hi Pinkygen!!!!
Is good to see you here!!! :D
Are you going to fight Germany one more time?:p

Why what could you mean? All we sniveling frogs want is peace. :D I mean, I only border Germany, Italy, Spain, and Britain, and historically was humiliated twice.

I'm sure I can appreciate honest relations with my Italian neighbors now. :D Anyways, I know Darius as Germany is the crafty one, I followed the Pre WWI PBEM thread.

Anyone have the link to the Poly thread on this, I'd like get a feel for what happened, I've never played this scenario before.

Why what could you mean? All we sniveling frogs want is peace. I mean, I only border Germany, Italy, Spain, and Britain, and historically was humiliated twice.

Well, remember French defeat in the last Franco-Prussian War...
maybe you´d like to take revenge...

I'm sure I can appreciate honest relations with my Italian neighbors now. Anyways, I know Darius as Germany is the crafty one, I followed the Pre WWI PBEM thread.

Really? Personally, i didn´t like the unlimited railway movement. Anyway, it was a tough game.
Well, this time Darius and I are allies... Be careful ;)

I've never played this scenario before.
Neither do I.
Darius proposed it; he said it was worthy to play. I trust him :rolleyes:

Top Bottom