Homemade Technology Tree

heyjebbo

Chieftain
I wasn't aware that there was a poster in the limited edition version, and it sounds like it is similar to the ones in the game.

I dislike switching over to the science advisor and civilopedia every time I want to see what I get for different advances. So I drew up a homemade tech tree chart. It is very plain, but I may add more interesting backgrounds soon.

Let me know if you see any errors or have suggestions

The image didn't seem to attach - trying again...

Attachments

• civ3tech.gif
    civ3tech.gif
    104.1 KB · Views: 10,405
Sorry. I read that they were in the strategy guide (I suppose they probably should have waited fot the game to come out before making the guide).

Very well done!!!!!

I am usually pretty messed up in planning my research goals. This really helps, cuz now I can easily see what I get with a given Tech. Great work!!!! :goodjob:

add cost and it will be perfect

you didnt list recyceling plant under recyceling:eek: :eek: :eek:

i cant seeme to find Iron Works :eek: :eek: :eek:

Synthetic Fibers does NOT require recycling! That's a mistake in the Civ3 tech tree!

AFAIK you don't need any advance to build iron works, only a city which has both iron and coal in its radius (which means that you can't build it before having steam power).

Thank you Excellant job. I am interested what program you used to make the tree.
Sincerely,
Lee:goodjob:

I saved off this map, but couldn't open it to print it. I found php-gtk-0.5.0-win32.zip on the net, but didn't see an install in it - and I am a bit leary about scripting languages in this era of viruses.

How can I print this map to put on my wall without printing this whole page?

what do the grey techs indicate?
and how can i edit this? (i have less than basic skills on my computer) :enlighten:

Originally posted by Baron Scot
what do the grey techs indicate?
and how can i edit this? (i have less than basic skills on my computer) :enlighten:
Techs that are not required to advance to the next era.

And to edit you just press the [EDIT] button. Look for it and you will find it...

Originally posted by sebanaj
astronomy should be in the ancient ages, espionage maybe too after literature and map making.

I agree with you that espionage is later in the game than real life, but his tech tree is accurate to CivIII except for the things listed above.

Top Bottom