Civ 3 Savegame Editor v0.32 beta

Erik Tan

Chieftain
Updated 12-Dec-2001

1. Edit game date.
2. Edit tech. advances (All Civilization)
3. Edit City Info (Sort by Civilization)

ET

v0.23 deleted after 890 downloads.
v0.30 deleted after 314 downloads.

Download latest version v0.32 at
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~eriktan

NOTE: This utility is NOT maintained! It doesn't work with PTW or Conquests, not Civ3 v 1.29f

Whenever I experiment and check off a box for a technology and then load the game, Civ III crashes...

What are the check boxes for?

Originally posted by drewgood
Whenever I experiment and check off a box for a technology and then load the game, Civ III crashes...

What are the check boxes for?

Hi,
The checkboxes are for you to turn technology on or off. In case you accidently check all the technology for one era and the system does not allow you to progress.

Remember to leave at least one technology in each era unchecked.

The civ game usually crashes when there is not enough memory resource. Does it still crash when you restart the computer?

Thanks for you feedback.

Erik

Erik, do you know you can edit your first post to replace the attachment with a new version of the program? You can also delete old attachments yourself by editing the post.

It's a good idea to delete obsolete versions from the posts so people can download the latest version.

Hmm hey Erik it seems I am having a few problems using your utility. When loading the game the Windows XP error report came up and closed the game. All I adjusted was the Tech and that might be the problem? I backed up the game so I managed to try again and it happens once again, any ideas?

really nice work :goodjob:

although i wonder, can you make it so that we can edit the techs for an AI civ, instead of just for your own civ??

Originally posted by KALIROB2k2
Hmm hey Erik it seems I am having a few problems using your utility. When loading the game the Windows XP error report came up and closed the game. All I adjusted was the Tech and that might be the problem? I backed up the game so I managed to try again and it happens once again, any ideas?

I wrote the editor in Windows 98 and it works fine. If it is having some problem, I would guess that Windows 98 and Windows XP file handling mehod are different and it results in this problem.

Is there any other XP users that are facing the same problem?

Erik

Originally posted by KloePoek
really nice work :goodjob:

although i wonder, can you make it so that we can edit the techs for an AI civ, instead of just for your own civ??

Already working on it, but it will take some time. I need to totally revamp the code again.

Erik

Hey Erik, seems you might be on to something with the Windows Xp thing (or just mine :lol:), I just tried the editor on my girlfriends compter(WinME). The editor works fine, but I didnt test my theory yet, I am getting on that later, but I got to thinking that perhaps the problem was when I changed the Techs I shouldnt have changed the one that my Science team was currently researching? Perhaps its just an XP bug? Maybe thats not it but it just got me thinking.

Originally posted by KALIROB2k2
Hey Erik, seems you might be on to something with the Windows Xp thing (or just mine :lol:), I just tried the editor on my girlfriends compter(WinME). The editor works fine, but I didnt test my theory yet, I am getting on that later, but I got to thinking that perhaps the problem was when I changed the Techs I shouldnt have changed the one that my Science team was currently researching? Perhaps its just an XP bug? Maybe thats not it but it just got me thinking.

Windows XP Problem

NOTE: If you are having problems running the game under Windows XP, the first thing you may wish to try is to run the game in Compatibility Mode. To do this, right-click on the icon or Start Menu entry you use to run the game, then click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, check the box that reads "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and select the OS that you wish to activate compatibility for in the drop-down box. Click the OK button to save your changes, and try running the game again.

Hi, I think your editor is great! :)

I was curious is it's possible to edit victory conditions of a savegame file?

every so often I find that I want to play longer than originally intended if the game is going quite well.

what do you think?
thanks !

Originally posted by foot_corn
Hi, I think your editor is great! :)
I was curious is it's possible to edit victory conditions of a savegame file?
You can do that with Civ3CopyTool's SaveGame Editor.

Thanks for the referral Gramphos :)

I've noticed that when I try bumping up tech using Eric's editor I am unable to build the UN and also am unable to build any space craft modules.

Is there a certain date that these options are available?
Has anyone else run into similar problems?

(just incase this is the problem, I changed my victory conditions of my save game from domination to conquest using Civ3CopyTool's SaveGame Editor)

thanks

Actually foot corn I have had that problem and I dont think it has to do with the editor :( might just be another Civ3 bug that the game has become famously plagued with.

Top Bottom