Units : Animation for Scud Launcher

Dark Sheer

Deity
Here is the animation file for Scud Launcher as requested by Scipio Africanu :D. Its modeled after the Scud C (as can be seen in the Civilopedia icon ;) ). As usual, you need to use either the hacked Civ3Edit or Gramphos' Civ3CopyTool to create a new unit call Scud Launcher. If you uses the hacked Civ3Edit then do remember to create a folder under Civilization III\Art\units named Scud Launcher (Civ3CopyTool will automatically create the folder for you). [These instructions are REALLY getting old :lol: ]

Just unzip the file and copy everything except the two pcx files to this new directory. The two pcx files are Civilopedia icons and they should go to Civilization III\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\units.

No file is being replaced here so you should be safe to install this new unit even if this is your first time ;)

The files in the zip are as follow:

ScudDefault.flc
ScudRun.flc
ScudFidget.flc
ScudFortify.flc
ScudAttack.flc
Scud Launcher.INI
ScudRun.wav
Scudlarge.pcx
Scudsmall.pcx

Again, please give some feedback on this animation, be it good or bad :D

Attachments

• scudlauncher.zip
    208 KB · Views: 3,598
Why not a little preview anim in gif...would make the feedback a lot easier...;)

Here is the in game view of the launcher in normal position ;)

Attachments

• scudc.jpg
    scudc.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 5,655
Looks great :) dl-ing right now :goodjob:

btw, is it ok when I upload your units on a civ3 site that I (and others) have in work currently? If so, should I use "Dark Sheer" as creator, or do you prefer another name?

Thank you Dark Sheer...
I'm admirer of your work.

Scud launcher is certainly must have unit...

Dark Sheer, its an excellent unit. Thank you Thank you thank you thank you. Cheers to Dark Sheer!

Dark Sheer in the pic. of the new unit what were those triangle things you had built??? Where can I get it could you tell me??:goodjob:

Originally posted by Abyss
Dark Sheer in the pic. of the new unit what were those triangle things you had built??? Where can I get it could you tell me??:goodjob:

Ummm...you mean the railroad? Or do you mean the thing that looks like an oil drill??

The thing that looks like an oil drill is the mine. Both can be downloaded from Apolyton ;)

First up, another great job, DS! :king: I love the attack animation!

And now, off topic we go...
I didn't know you played UO! What shard are you on? Moeniir was originally my UO name. Don't play too often these days, but when I do, I'm on LS, and to a lesser extent, Chessie.

Small world!

Originally posted by Moeniir
First up, another great job, DS! :king: I love the attack animation!

And now, off topic we go...
I didn't know you played UO! What shard are you on? Moeniir was originally my UO name. Don't play too often these days, but when I do, I'm on LS, and to a lesser extent, Chessie.

Small world!

Hehe, a small world indeed! I usually play on either Catskills or Pacific ;) I have a GM Smith on both shard plus GM Mage, GM Warrior etc. I am also the guildmaster of The Unsung Heroes on Pacific (pass the GM of UH to a friend on Cats :) ).

I don't play so much lately too since I got Civ3 and start on this unit creation thing :lol: Each unit take about a few hours of my days each day :p Well, at least Firaxis consider them to be good so its worth my efforts :D

By the way, I have posted part of the unit creation tutorial. Take a look at them and see if there is anything you like to add so far
:king:

Hey there. Im just curious. I read somewhere that the scud launcher was designed for the beta testing version. Will it work for the actual game product thing thats being sold in the stores now? Im not too svy with alot of computer termanology. Any insight would be greatly apriciated.

Originally posted by HinheBrpkenFoo
Hey there. Im just curious. I read somewhere that the scud launcher was designed for the beta testing version. Will it work for the actual game product thing thats being sold in the stores now? Im not too svy with alot of computer termanology. Any insight would be greatly apriciated.

Ummm...this unit is not part of the graphic that come from Firaxis. It has nothing to do with whatever unit that was designed for the original Beta. Any new unit will work in Civ3 as long as you add it correctly.

Originally posted by MummyMan
What do you, Dark Sheer, reccomend for the stats of the Scud Launcher?

Personally I give it the same bombardment strenght as the cruise missile (I set it to 20 for my own mod), a rate of fire of 2 (cruise missile has 3) and movement rate of 2 (cruise missile has 1).

Originally posted by Dark Sheer

Ummm...you mean the railroad? Or do you mean the thing that looks like an oil drill??

The thing that looks like an oil drill is the mine. Both can be downloaded from Apolyton ;)

Where exactly on Apolyton did you get those new mine GFX?
I,ve searched the whole site and found nada.

And by the way, I like the great GFX you,ve made. :)

Hey great animations Dark Sheer. But i can never seem to get them to work. I put the animations in the right spot but it never seems to work. Can you help me?
Thanx alot.

(if you were wondering, this isn't a april fool's joke.;))

Originally posted by Civanator
Hey great animations Dark Sheer. But i can never seem to get them to work. I put the animations in the right spot but it never seems to work. Can you help me?
Thanx alot.

(if you were wondering, this isn't a april fool's joke.;))

It has been working in my game ever since it was created. ;)

So, if you can be more specific as to why it doesn't work then I believe alot of people should be able to help. :D

Top Bottom