Civ2 GOTM #13 has arrived!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
:scan: Mission Briefing :scan:

This month you will lead the Zulus in a bloodlust campaign to conquer the world of one thousand islands. This is a Deity challenge! :egypt:

- Deity level
- Medium Map
- Civilization: Zulus
- Leader: Shakala
- 5 Civs
- Small Landmass
- Archipelago
- Wet Climate
- Warm Temperature
- 5 Billion Years
- Bloodlust
- Raging Barbs
- Restart Civ Off

Saved games for this GOTM are due March 5th, 2002. Have fun playing this GOTM!

PS: Help us keep the Civ2 GOTM alive by playing the game AND submit your saved games. We will continue the Civ2 GOTM as long as the # of submissions is 10 or more.

Click the link below to download the save game...:sniper:

Attachments

• c2gotm13.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 426
Yeah! :yeah:
DEITY is GREAT!
On an island map it will be real challenge as you can´t wipe out all opponents early!
Let´s just hope that it really is an Archipelago map!
:goodjob:

For the record could you please explain in laymans' english, where
someone new to downloading maps,scenarios, would save the download to? I 'd love to submit my 1st GOTM but I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH DOWN LOAD>... ...duh! hELP....

StrayZero0

As long as you download the saved game to your computer the game will let you open it from where ever it is on the computer (also be sure it is unzipped if needed). Personally, I put mine in my Civ II folder under a folder I made called GOTM 13. That way all my saves are grouped.

IIRC, The default directory for Civ II is: C:\Program Files\Microprose Software\Civ II MPG edition\

for d/ling

You will need a compression/decompression utility like WinZip.TF hasn't attached a .sav format so it is compressed into a .zip file.
You can get this for free at download.com

Save it to your desktop for now.Double click the .zip file.EXTRACT the game save to your civilization file.Something like C/program files/microprose software/Civilization2 as mentioned.

Select "load saved game" and you should be all set.

Here is the game in .sav format.

This one can be saved directly to your civ folder.It is not compressed.

:lol: thunderfall!!! The 3 last GOTMs has been deity, emperor and now deity. Are you trying to kill the game? :lol: Make it an easy difficulty next month, maybe some new players will join, ;)

Originally posted by Chofritz
:lol: thunderfall!!! The 3 last GOTMs has been deity, emperor and now deity. Are you trying to kill the game? :lol: Make it an easy difficulty next month, maybe some new players will join, ;)

I thought everyone agreed that we will have only Deity games from now on... :confused: If not, I can make some easy games in the future. :)

Got an idea... How about we try a simplify combat game next month?

I don't remember agreeing to Deity, but I'm all for it, now that I've actually won (and handily) on that level :D Makes the games go faster, which means I can actually have a chance of finishing on time. This month's game will be a challenge for me, for sure :D
I must admit, some easier level games here and there might attract more players. Then again, most new players are probably playing CivIII

Originally posted by Thunderfall

I thought everyone agreed that we will have only Deity games from now on... :confused: If not, I can make some easy games in the future. :)

Got an idea... How about we try a simplify combat game next month?

I think the general thinking was to have games with higher difficulty levels and/or smaller maps to decrease the needed play time. I don't think we shoud make it exclusively one level or one size map though.

I personally hate simplified combat (one of the great changes betweeen Civ I and Ci II), but I won't be able to play the next GOTM anyway. I doubt I can even give this GOTM a decent try. :(

It´s my debut map in GotM, and I must say the difficulty was close to scaring me off. I´ve never played at Deity. I would really love to see the AI doing as well without having the player completely crippled. I might still be alive, and I might have taken a couple of towns from one of the strongest enemies, but it´s extremely frustrating at this level. I´d prefer to see difficulties lower than this if I am to participate in further contests. However, I started this month´s map, and I will try hard to complete it, even though it will no doubt be with a pathetic score compared to the true Civilization fanatics (Heroes of Might and Magic is my #1 series and Civilization only in shared second).

Smash - thanks for the SAV format - but I can't download any of the content on my ibook.
I tried clicking and option-clicking, but no luck. Am I missing something?
-grigor

I actually think people download it more often or a lot of people download it but don't play it. I doubt I'll get 125 submissions.

HELP!!!

I've tried to download this month's game several times, both the zip & the sav. All I get is an "attachment.php" file that I can't open with anything. This is the first time I've had this problem.

"Please send lawyers, money & guns."

Top Bottom