New Graphic:FireGalley.flc

SpencerH

Chieftain
This graphic was also posted at apolyton.

Attachments

• firegalley.gif
    firegalley.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 2,336
hey thats pretty good :goodjob:

Good job! :goodjob:
Thanks for the animation,

I'm going to try to add it to my mod and complete it with the original galley files. :D

Thanks for the comments.

I'm not sure what it is about fire. Maybe its the way the flames move like a living thing! Maybe its all the beautiful colours! :crazyeye:

If I tell you I'm thinking about doing a modern flamethrower unit would you hold it against me ? ;)

A modern (or WW2 era) flamethrower would be a very interesting unit!!! In the game, it should have a very high attack power, but very weak on defense, and the death animation should be a big explosion KABOOOOM;) (like the scene in the beach landing in Saving Private Ryan).
This is an unit icon for Civ2 made by Captain Nemo and Alex (looks great!!:cooool: )

Attachments

• flame.jpg
    flame.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,512
I'm sorry to say it's slow going. Between work and 1.21, I havent had much time for it. Thanks for bringing it up though.

SpencerH:
Tell me your opinion about that. I've asked permission to nonnob3 to use his Waffen SS unit, and now I request your permission to use your fire animation, to create this unit:
is a "flammenwerfer", a german WW2 flamethrower, another unit for the Third Reich Creation Team.
Of course I'll give you credit, because I only modified a little the animation :).

Attachments

• flammenattacksw.gif
    flammenattacksw.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,237
I think it looks damn good. I was getting nowhere fast with a total unit redesign from the marine unit. I just dont have the time for such a large project.

Good luck with your mod.

I realy like the werhmacht flame thrower. I have nearly finished my UK Churchil/Crocodile amphibious flame tank, but I don't think my flame effect looks as good as these. Still I am going to stick with it, cos it would be a shame if every unit had the same flame animation. I only have one Explosion animation at the moment, so all my units blow up in much the same way. I'm gonna have a look round see if I can find some more. I seem to remember there being several explosions available on the wab for the attack sequence in Civ II...

I have made a animation but I don't know if its gona work;

SKILORD,
the mongols used the fire ships just as much as the byzitines.

zulu9812-
jesus christ...have a side order of spam with that :mad:
Coming right up;).
SPB-kNite- SKILORD,
the mongols used the fire ships just as much as the byzitines.
Actually, what you say is sort of deceptive, as indeed, the Chinese were great, and invented some of the best things for their time, one of which being multiple forms of Combat Dynamite. Indeed they even had a rack of 'fire-lances', and when you lite certain parts of it in the back, it would issue forth a blast of fire from it's specified nozzle. The Chinese even went as far as to have the 'Hung Lung Chin' which was apparently a manual for using these weapons and other ingenious ones (Dynamite mines\sea mines\explosives\etc.) These weapons scared the Mongols, so I don't know what your talking about there, unless your talking about Kublai-Khan and his rule of China.

And there is a reason it is called Greek Fire, the Greeks had been developing it for ages, in fact a giant flamethrower-siege engine was used to end a siege of in a Greek city state, when one such engine was used. 'Greek Fire' as we know it, was invented around A.D. 674, and the earliest account I found of the Chinese using it was in A.D. 900, even if they had better ones, it isn't really fair to say they had the first, as much as I hate to admit it ;).

Aside from that, what I would Really like to see would be a Chinese Junk with this awesome fire-blast :).

Top Bottom