Escape from Zombie Island

Ed O'War

King
"Paradise City, was rated the #1 city to live in during 2002. Now it's overrun with flesh-eating zombies. A horrible accident at a secret lab somewhere in the city released an experimental mutagenic virus, ZV-69. This virus allows bodies to retain motor function after death. Because it works by modifying DNA, even live people who are infected will be turned into mindless cannibalistic zombies. You need to capture five sites to escape the island before the Big Finale hits and all heck breaks lose. You have 120 turns, and no time to waste."

This mod is inspired by the recently released Resident Evil movie (though it is not specifically a RE mod) and countless other beloved zombie movies. This is my first post on Civ Fanatics, and any feedback/comments/suggestions/ ridicule/etc. is welcome.

Unzip the folder to your desktop and read the Readme file for further instructions.

Warning: This mod has partial nudity (BlueO's Gatling Girl unit), some explicit language and gratuitious references to zombie cannibalism. :)

Credits:

BlueO: Gatling Girl and Urban Sprawl railroads
MazterJo: SpecOps
Mork: Green Paratrooper
Journeyman Press: Some inspiration for advances inspired by the Zombie!!! boardgame.

I hope you all have as much fun playing it as I had making it.

And here's the link (I hope this works right):

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Escape_from_Zombie_Island.zip

IT sounds excellent, but as the installation is so complex and does not allow playing normally without swithing around files, I have not downloaded the mod, but I promise to the minute you make it simpler...
I saw that Vonotar make Mod installations that allow use of the normal game... Maybe he could help here... I am really looking forward to being able to play this without the hassle...
:goodjob: Good job Ed!, BTW, don't I know you from somewhere? Do you visit the All Civ forums?

Thanks! I visit Apolyton too, but mostly I hang out here at Civ Fanatics. I'm sorry for all the file switches, but until they come out with a more user friendly scenario system (like they had for Civ II), it's all I have to work with. It actually isn't that hard to do, and only takes a few minutes for those who now what they're doing (and maybe a few more minutes for those who are just learning). Anyways, its good to get some kind of response.

Okay, here's a picture. This should give you a good idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

• zombie_island1.jpg
    zombie_island1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 5,179
Kool!
I was just wondering where I know you from, cause you said this was your first post... I only visit CivFanatics and All Civ, so I was wondering if I knew you from there...

I don't think I've ever been to All Civ. Perhaps saying this was my first post wasn't completely accurate...what I meant was this was the first time I posted a mod or any type of file to Civ Fanatics (or anywhere, for that matter).

Did you every play DoD? Ed O'War was my handle for that game as well, so perhaps you know me from that.

Oh, then I know you from here... I just knew I know you... If this isn't your first post, then I know you from here... Be more accurate...

Hmm Shadowflame , the installation isnt as complex as you make it sound. All you really have to do is put the files you unzipped into the specified folder. When you comp asks if you want to replace them just say yes. And half of of them you can just put in there without problems. Just reinstall civ when your done with this mod and bam no complex backing up files(its not really THAT complex anyways). But it will take you about 3-5 minutes to do his installation but thats about the only problem I see.

Originally posted by Ed O'War
Just wondering if anyone has actually tried this yet. If you have, I'd like to hear any feedback, good or bad. Thanks.

I don't know if anyone tried it (I haven't, but I don't have Civ3 so you can't hold that against me ;)), but I can tell you you ought to check out the chat transcript of last night's Apolyton patch chat once it's online...

Originally posted by Locutus

I don't know if anyone tried it (I haven't, but I don't have Civ3 so you can't hold that against me ;)), but I can tell you you ought to check out the chat transcript of last night's Apolyton patch chat once it's online...

Are you refering to Dan M.'s comment about holding out for a zombie-killing shooter? :)

Is this Mod PTW Compatible? I tried it and it came up with the following message:

it starving

Ok, also, for some reason, the Menu's titles weren't exactly how I would have expected. As in screwed up.

When will a PTW Compatible Version be available?

Sorry you couldn't get it to work. This mod probably isn't PTW compatible; I made it using version 1.16 of Civ III (i.e. a long time ago). I may make a PTW version someday, but it isn't high on my list of priorities right now (I have a lot of other ideas/projects I'm currently working on).

Shame. It doesn't look like too bad a Mod at all. I'll probably find another way of getting it to work soon anyway.

I'd make my own Zombie Mod, but I don't know much at all about the creation and implementation of new Graphics. Yet.

Oh well, I'll install Civ 3 again.

I should be able to platy this mod soon, if it were not for the lack of the correct patch. I need 1.16, yet both links in the Patch Section do not work. Can anyone help me out here?

The mod looks cool. It is playable in 1.29 even tough its made in 1.16, right??

Originally posted by Sir John
The mod looks cool. It is playable in 1.29 even tough its made in 1.16, right??

Yes, I believe it should work with 1.29 Civ III, though it probably won't work with PTW.

Because this was made using 1.16 it will seem pretty rough around the edges compared with newer mods/scenarios. A lot of editor functions weren't available with 1.16 that we've come to take for granted now. :)

I hope you enjoy it.

Alright, I'll try again at it.

Last time I tried it, it kept crashing for no explained reason in the actualy game, and setting up the game, the words were screwed up. But I'll try it with v1.29.

Ok, I'm a bit miffed.
I click load Scenario from the Mian Menu
It begins loading.
It stops at 57%. Then a blank message appears. Then the game comes off.

Any chance of updating the Mod? Cos that would be brilliant.
You see, I'm quite a fan of Zombies. In fact, as soon as I heard there was a Zombie Board Game (Which I found out from your post) I immediatly bought it and the Expansion Pack (Zombie Corps(e) ).

Originally posted by Warlord 101
Alright, I'll try again at it.

Last time I tried it, it kept crashing for no explained reason in the actualy game, and setting up the game, the words were screwed up. But I'll try it with v1.29.

Ok, I'm a bit miffed.
I click load Scenario from the Mian Menu
It begins loading.
It stops at 57%. Then a blank message appears. Then the game comes off.

Any chance of updating the Mod? Cos that would be brilliant.
You see, I'm quite a fan of Zombies. In fact, as soon as I heard there was a Zombie Board Game (Which I found out from your post) I immediatly bought it and the Expansion Pack (Zombie Corps(e) ).

I'm sorry it kept crashing on you. I will probably update it eventually, but right now I have a couple of other projects I'm working on, so it won't be any time in the near future.

I didn't know there was an expansion pack for the Zombies!!! boardgame. What's in the expansion pack? That's something I'd like to pick up, if I can find it. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Top Bottom