V-1 Reprisal Weapon finished!!!

Pablostuka

King
After some days of work, I've completed a new unit for Civ3, a Fieseler Fi-103 Vergeltungswaffe Eins (known as the V-1 rocket).
The animation previews and info is in this thread Unit Preview: V-1 Reprisal Weapon

Now available new version2 unit, updated with civilopedia.txt and better images and sounds (thanks nonnog6 and stainz:king: )
See below for the zip file...I removed the older, but now I can't upload the new file here :cry:

Version1 removed after 36 downloads

I hope you enjoy it!!!:D

I've planned this unit as a Cruise missile unit(unit abilitie cruise missile), with a shield cost of 6 (same as the default cruise missile), a movement factor of 1 (I try to reflect the slow speed of V-1's...a lot of them were intercepted by Spitfire squadrons or jet fighters Gloster Meteor from the R.A.F.), but a bombard range of 3 (instead of 2), to make sure it can hit objectives far away the home cities.Rate of fire 3(same as the default Cruise missile), and to build the unit, aluminum* and oil is needed. The V-1 is only available to Germany.

*NOTE:The V-1 is a WW2 unit, and the aluminum resource appears with Rocketry (in the modern era).I think that a little modification to the appearance of this resource is needed.I will allow the Flight advance to allow aluminum to appear, because it is needed to build fighters and bombers (and more units) of the WW2 era. It could be more properly.
And to build the V-1 reprisal weapon, we need the Radio advance, instead of rocketry:)

Of course, It's my suggestion, you can do what you prefer :D

And there's the default animation (for those who would like to see the unit without to go to the preview thread;))

Attachments

• v-1default.gif
    v-1default.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 4,843
Hi Pablostuka!!!!!!!!

AWSOME!!!!! Another German WWII unit to add to my game!!!:D

Keep up the good work!:goodjob: :goodjob:

(And thanks for "supporting" me in the Waffen SS thread;) )

Originally posted by Pablostuka
Thanks nonnog6 for your support in my first unit creation :)
And...it was just a pleasure to contribute in your Waffen SS unit...I love your job!!!:love:
:) Tell me what do you think of the unit in the game :)
bye!:cool:

Did you download my updated version 1.0? (I fixed the Victory animation "Nazi" salute....with only the Right arm:D )...

Damn cool unit dude!!! Was gonna make the V1 and now I dont have to, HURRAH! If you and Nonnog6 keep this up we are gonna have an entire Third Reich between us :) :)

Kentonio

PS. Given your name are we gonna be seeing a Stuka soon? The sound for the attack.flc would be outrageous! :)

Originally posted by Kentonio
Damn cool unit dude!!! Was gonna make the V1 and now I dont have to, HURRAH! If you and Nonnog6 keep this up we are gonna have an entire Third Reich between us :) :)

Kentonio

PS. Given your name are we gonna be seeing a Stuka soon? The sound for the attack.flc would be outrageous! :)

I like the idea of the Third Reich between us!;)

Team work!!!!!!:D

I think I haven't yet the experience to make a Stuka, but...It could be awesome if someone would create it ;)...Of course, I'll try to help him/her in the documentation, sounds (Yes!!I have a Stuka attack sound, taken from the Red Front scenario fro Civ2, made by Captain Nemo...it sounds GOOD!!)

Thanks all you guys!!!
nonnob3, thanks a lot for the pedia icons and text :D:D
stainz, thanks for the new sound.I'm working on it, to make it less large (23 seconds!!!:crazyeye: ), but it's very good. It is a V-1 sound??it sounds like a B-17 or B-24 heavy bomber:cool: jeje.thanks again!!! I'll update the zip now;)

One question, nonnob3...why you use 2 nicks(nonnob3, nonnog6)???;)
bye, and...thanks, buddies!

It is a V-1 sound??

It is the "actual" sound that the V-1 made. I searched long and hard for that sound and out of the 1000 or so pgs. i viewed about the V-1, there are only a limited few with sound. There are however, a lot of animations for the rocket as well as the V-2.

My understanding is; it was the way they set it up fuel/air mixture that made it sound the way it did. Or at least that,s the way i understood it. But i could be wrong.

Thanks all you guys!!!
nonnob3, thanks a lot for the pedia icons and text :D:D
stainz, thanks for the new sound.I'm working on it, to make it less large (23 seconds!!!:crazyeye: ), but it's very good. It is a V-1 sound??it sounds like a B-17 or B-24 heavy bomber:cool: jeje.thanks again!!! I'll update the zip now;)

One question, nonnob3...why you use 2 nicks(nonnob3, nonnog6)???;)
bye, and...thanks, buddies!

I have my home name: nonnob3
and work : nonnog6

When I tried once to login at work with nonnob3,it did not work, so I created another log-in:)

Have a good day buddy!

Very nice indeed !!! Been waiting for this moment :) :) :)

looks quite cool in game (I have it running alongside with German Stormtroopers, Panters, and Tigers- and, of course, the Bismarck:king:)

Hey, how about a "nebelwerfer" unit (i.e a German WWII halftrack with 3 rocketlaunchers on each side- see sudden strike)
- without the rockets it could become an apc, with a turret it'd be a mech infantry or a heavy apc !!!

Thanx for another great unit !!!!!!!! :D

It's a good idea the nebelwerfer.To begin the work, maybe it's better to create a Sdkfz.250/251 troop transport, and later add the rocket launchers...but...I think that Kentonio is better than me to do this work ;)...I'm very newbie!!:rolleyes:
I'm thinking about my next unit...I don't know exactly what to do ;), but I'm sure it will be a german WW2 unit, of course:p

It's a good idea the nebelwerfer.To begin the work, maybe it's better to create a Sdkfz.250/251 troop transport, and later add the rocket launchers...but...I think that Kentonio is better than me to do this work ;)...I'm very newbie!!:rolleyes:
I'm thinking about my next unit...I don't know exactly what to do ;), but I'm sure it will be a german WW2 unit, of course:p

Hmmm, i ve been wondering- is there a thread that explains how to create such units- i.e how 2 ripp them and work with polygons??? I did some civ 2 scenarios but never went on to do stuff in 3D... once I get some good info (and time :crazyeye: ) I 'd like to do these myself :p

Top Bottom