New Unit - Arabian Horseman

Lab Monkey

Peace thru ultraviolence!
A nice addition to the growing ranks of variations on the humble knight, I believe. If anyone wishes to write a text entry for this unit, go ahead, I'm not up to scratch on this facet of history.

Here's the first .ZIP. Remember you need both (one of my Pikeman unit .zips has been downloaded more times than the other half, making me think that there's some poor buggers playing with half the files), and rename the folder to the .ini file.

With both .zips you should have Default, Run, Attack, Fortify (which doubles as victory).

Attachments

• arabknight1of2.zip
    170.3 KB · Views: 2,247
Here's 2 of 2, the .ini file links to other unit's sounds, so check them if you have altered the names of any of the original folders. I chose what seemed the best sounds, but as my speakers are still down.....

DOWNLOAD BOTH .ZIPS! :aargh3:

Sorry to shout, but I've noticed that somehow .zip 1 has had over 30 more downloads than 2..... :lol:

Attachments

• arabknight2of2.zip
    179.7 KB · Views: 1,669
And a little sample....

Attachments

• arabattack.gif
    arabattack.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 5,192
I had to be careful when pasting the attacking graphics, at one point it looked as though the horse's head would be chopped off!

My next unit will be another medieval unit, the Tueton knight that's knocking around here. Someone posted the .gif with half the walking frames, guess I'll just have to draw the rest. The trouble is that it's resolution is too high for civ3, I've had to crunch it down, and it's lost sooooo much defenition. He still looks pretty sinister, though.

I may hand draw my next unit and just scan in the frames....

Lab Monkey: If you want all the bmp of the teutonic Knight animation I can send you them. I have extracted all unit from AoK and it's expansion.

This way you wouldn't have to draw all the part you're missing.

By the way Nice unit :D

Have I missed something on the download? I have all the animations, but no graphics for both the Arab Horseman and the Eastern Pikeman. I have ran into this problem with several downloads. Am I downloading incorrectly?

I downloaded all four files and just did again. Still no unit_32.pcx's. Got all the animations for both, but no unit graphic. Any other suggestions? Both units show good work and I would like to use them.

Originally posted by Cobweb
I downloaded all four files and just did again. Still no unit_32.pcx's. Got all the animations for both, but no unit graphic. Any other suggestions? Both units show good work and I would like to use them.

You can make it very easily. Save the animated image, convert it to a JPG and work to obtain a little picture that you can copy into your units32.pcx.
Here my unit32.pcx that come from my mod (not finish my work). It countains more units icon than the original unit32.pcx (139 instead of 83. Thanks to SpencerH that has made this work too good). And some other that I have kept cause we don't know the future.... :)

You will find the arabian horseman on it.

Fantastic animation Lab Monkey!

With the Knight, Pikeman and Dark Sheer's Crossbowman on one side and the Arabian Horseman, Eastern Pikeman, Swordsman and Horse Archer on the other, at last I feel that I've entered the crusades!

Looking forward to your next project :goodjob:

hey Kryten! how are you doing on your units? I love the horse Archer - great work. I'm still looking forward to the other units you were making. I am currently working on a different mod, but my alex the Great mod is believe it or not still on the plate.

Oh, btw, dont mean to be rude! I love the animation, Lab Monkey! I probably will incorporate it into my new mod. Good Work! Keep it coming.

I made some civilopedia icons from the rider and immortal civilopedia icons.

I also included the PediaIcons text.

Great job on the unit Lab Monkey!

Thanks to all of you for filling in the gaping holes that I left, I'm a bugger for missing out the icons and stuff, I know. I wasn't that sure what to write for the 'pedia text, I'd I (rather arrogantly:king: ) assumed that people would just customise their own images.

Laziness on my part. Tell you what, I'll hand draw a bunch of pictures for all of you, just 'cos you're so wonderful:love: :lol:

!

Top Bottom