The Warlord

Ed O'War

King
Can you conquer the wasteland?:

In the aftermath of the Apocalypse War the Earth is a shattered wasteland. Bands of nomads wander the wastelands, scrounging whatever they can to survive one more day. With time, various factions come to settle down and form communities of people with a shared common purpose. With the rebirth of civilization, though, comes the rise of The Warlord: a survivor of the Apocalypse War, leading his former Marine unit of hardened war vets. The Warlord has a purpose too...to conquer the wasteland.

Here's my foray into making a post-apocalypse map. It's actually more of a scenario, because you can only play one civ (The Warlord).

You start with one Marine, one Riflemand and one Explorer. You must conquer a city to found your empire (or find a settler from a goody hut). I will post the readme for those who want to see the details of the changes I've made to the rules.

Instructions: Unzip The Warlord to your desktop. Move 'The Warlord.bic' to your scenario folder. Start Civ 3 and click on Start Scenario. Select The Warlord, and have fun.

I've only done minimal play-testing with this map, but I don't think there should be any crashes...I didn't change the name of any units. If you find any problems or anything that unbalances game play, please post it here. Thanks.

Changes in Version 2 (version 1 removed after 21 downloads):
- Tweaked Nationalistic gov't to problematic corruption and 1/2/3 support
- Cleaned up the upgrade chain
- Enabled the Brotherhood to build Panzers
- Enabled Smokers to build Jet Fighters
- Enabled Reavers to build Cavalry

Changes to Verions 3 (version 2 removed after 5 downloads):
- Gave Continental League (U.N.) +50% luxury output
- Tweaked corruption to 85% for all difficulty levels
- Removed 'Starts Golden Age' from all UUs
- Extended duration for improvement/wonder Golden Ages to 25 turns

Attachments

• the warlord.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 727
Okay, here's the readme file.

Edit: Here's an updated version of the readme detailing the changes made to version 2 (original readme removed after 10 downloads, second version removed after 3 downloads).

Attachments

• warlord readme.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 384
I downloaded and played your scenario today - Its very good - I have been working on a similar mod for the last few weeks - I am redoing the resources , wonders , improvements , and so on so I dont think mine will be ready for awhile. If you have any access to icons or units that you wouldnt mind sharing Id be willing to give you access to all my research and so on.

- Ariston

Originally posted by Ariston
I downloaded and played your scenario today - Its very good - I have been working on a similar mod for the last few weeks - I am redoing the resources , wonders , improvements , and so on so I dont think mine will be ready for awhile. If you have any access to icons or units that you wouldnt mind sharing Id be willing to give you access to all my research and so on.

- Ariston

Actually, I used all the graphics and units that came with the basic game. Someone is working on a Fallout mod, so they might have some cool post-apocalypse graphics you could borrow for your mod. If you wan't to bounce any ideas off of me though, I'd be happy to help you brainstorm or come up with ideas. You're welcome to borrow any of the concepts from The Warlord scenario (like civs, city names, whatever) as long as you cite me in your credits. :)

im glad some1 finaly mad a fallout scinario, im about to download it, mab u should make 1 based of real america after a war.

Top Bottom