Hacked Editor for v1.21f

chrissicom

Chieftain
I made a hacked version of the editor for the newest version of Civ3. All add, delete buttons which can be made available for the rules screen are now available. The only strange thing is that some of the add, delete buttons do not work although they are activated with ResHack, e.g. the Difficulty Levels can't be changed in the number. I also added a menu link for the "Mini Map" in the view menu... the only problem is that I didn't find out yet how to link it to the proper dialog box, hope it works soon.

Attachments

• civ3edithacked.ace
    448.8 KB · Views: 2,741
Here is some big advice, look around to see if its done before doing it! JimmyH already did one...so I doubt this thread is needed and I think most people have already dled JimmyH's one. Too bad.:(

hey i tried the file but when it finished downloading i didn't know what to open it with so it would work with the civIII files

tell me what do you do when you finish the downloads thanxs :)

To open the file use WinACE it's an extractor like WinZIP just with better compression.

I actually added the file because of the Mini Map implementation I worked out to add the menu link and currently I am working on the actual activation of the minimap.

Originally posted by chrissicom
To open the file use WinACE it's an extractor like WinZIP just with better compression.

I actually added the file because of the Mini Map implementation I worked out to add the menu link and currently I am working on the actual activation of the minimap.

It will be great if you can enable that feature, but it's probably not possible. Good luck.:D

every command from the menu has a "5-letter-code" link to the strings in civ3edit.exe... although I couldn't find a string for the minimap so I created my own that's why the option is currently greyed out. I am just trying to get a working string for the minimap but so far I only made the editor crashing or doing nothing :) at least I am on the right way.

Can someone tell me how to add a folder (a string range) to the String Table in civ3edit.exe with ResHacker or a similar tool ?! I need to do that because the strings 1714,1715 which are missing in the .exe are needed for the minimap. So it seems that there is only a dialog box for the minimap but there is no real routine programmed to show it.

Originally posted by chrissicom
Can someone tell me how to add a folder (a string range) to the String Table in civ3edit.exe with ResHacker or a similar tool ?! I need to do that because the strings 1714,1715 which are missing in the .exe are needed for the minimap. So it seems that there is only a dialog box for the minimap but there is no real routine programmed to show it.

Duh. Otherwise they would have included it in the latest release.

Top Bottom