New macro/script tool for Civ3

bziegler

Chieftain
I've updated a tool I wrote called Xylobot to work with Civ3. Xylobot lets you automate mundane tasks in a game by creating macros or scripts.

For example, you could write a simple script to detect when a new Cavalry unit is built, and always send it to a certain city. This can help save your wrist & finger clicking lots of times when you have a huge army, lots of cities, etc.

If you are interested in looking at the tool, or have some new ideas on how it could be used with Civ3, please let me know. Here's the link for Xylobot:

http://www.xylobot.com/about.htm

-Ben

Looks like a nice tool.
Have you thought about releasing a smaller program that doesn't have all the features not needed for Civ3? I can't really see spending 20$ to automate units, although it would be nice. I can see how this would be an extremely good program for games like Everquest.

Hmm... maybe this tool is a great idea, but the 20$ ruins all...
Paying to have a better Civ III :confused:

Originally posted by Schee
Hmm... maybe this tool is a great idea, but the 20$ ruins all...
Paying to have a better Civ III :confused:

Waypoints will be available in PTW anyway....would be great if it were free, though.

If I bought this I would have payed a combined $120 on civ3 and PTW. No, not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.

Hey bziegler I own a copy of Xylobot and I love it its a great porgram. I would like to use it with civ3 can you post an example scrpit or marco on how to do the example you gave

Top Bottom