New Units Nieuport17 and SE5.a

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Here are two more WWI era planes: the French Nieuport 17, and the English SE5.a. I'm still working on the French SPAD, and German Fokker DVII... but I took some time off to actually play the game :) As with my other planes I'm putting these with flight and moving the games Fighter and Bomber to Advanced Flight... The SE5.a was made in small numbers by the Americans (about 30 planes) but most of these were after WWI was over... And I believe the Nieuport 17 was flown by many people on the Allied side (Canadian, American, French, and British pilots). So feel free to use these plays however you wish. I'm not sure when I might get the last two planes finished up, I took on another art project that may be a bigger bite then I realized (an 8foot by 8foot wall hanging) but I'll keep working in my free time.

Original artwork by me... except for the bombing explosion and the sounds taken from the game...

Attachments

• wwiplanes_set2.zip
    264.5 KB · Views: 1,250
Here's a preview of the SE5.a

Attachments

• se5a.gif
    se5a.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 3,315
Excellent work, as usual, Kinboat.

Keep it up!

Just excellent, Kinboat!!!! Your airplanes are the best seen in this forum, and maybe all the Net:)
These are awesome for a WWI mod.Perhaps someone could do more units for this mod. By the way, when you finish the Fokker and the SPAD, what about a Gotha GV german Bomber, a Be.2C French bomber and a Handley page 400 British bomber??They were awesome WWI bombers.But take your time. if you need some pictures, or information, let me know ;)

Sweet. But how do I use them in the game?

I'm using a few of them available with Flight (moving the Fighter and Bomber to Advanced Flight)... I haven't added all of them to my game yet... Too busy making them to use them much yet :) The stats are basicly the original Fighter stats, and I've upped it's stats just slightly.

I might take a look at some of those bombers, working on several other projects at the moment... Maybe just a small break from planes :) All those wings are driving me buggy... Glad everyone likes them...

There is a blimp already isn't there? Thought I saw one on the boards... And I'm thinking of an early tank (I'm thinking the French model don't recall what it was called, but it was a little two seater) It would be a welcome change from those blinkin' planes :)

Nice units, good work. Are you using a 3D modeling program ? And if so, which one ?

Using POVRay... with the Moray add-on Both are either freeware or shareware, but not as powerful as some of the retail programs out there that others use...

Took me a while to find this thread...
Nice little airplanes tho! This pretty much completes my WWI air force lineup! :goodjob:

Yay! Now I can dominate the skies even earlier. :ar15:

Top Bottom