New aircraft: Rockwell B-1B Lancer

shammy

Warlord
The unit has been updated, here is a link to the new version. I have edited this thread a bit and deleted the other links to older files.

The new unit has been tested with Civ3 1.29f and PTW 1.14f, I didnt encounter any problems.

The new INI file also uses relative pathing.. I didnt know this was possible when I released the unit last year.. so this is zip is smaller since it only includes one sound file.

Edit 1.3.2003 : Many thanks to Thunderfall, he has updated the Lancer in Downloads Collection site :). Thanks man.

So.. view info and download the Lancer from Civilization III Downloads Collection hosted by CivFanatics.com

What do you people think the stats should be? Id like to make it expensive with big operational range

A & D should be 0/0 ? I guess lancer is not very good at shooting interceptors down in real life, just avoiding them. Too bad you cant really implement the sophisticated radar jammings the lancer has.

It would kick to have an option to set the intercept chance for every unit instead of the flat bombing mission intercept on the editor. It just sucks that the Lancer can be intercepted and shot down by a Biplane.

got no clue about the bombard str and rate of fire.. wouldnt want to make it out of tune..

For the jamming etc you could use the stealth option, but then theres no need for the stealth bomber. Do remeber to give the unit a defence rating otherwise it will automaticly get shotdown by any intercepters, even wwii fighters.
You could always give it a higher defece atreibute to represent the jamming equipment.

That looks amazing, but it would be more amazing if you could make a version that had its wings swept open when the B1 drops its bombs, because the B1 only has its wings swept back when its in supersonic flight.

ive deleted all my related material.. including half the graphics with wings unswept mode and buried it weeks ago, a version like that might be made, but not by me :)
i did my work related on pictures.. and i saw several dozen pictures of the lancer dropping bombs and having bombing bay doors open while wings swept and only a few with wings unswept, so i guess it can do both

Mmmmmmm, almost two years since the last post. Anyways I have a good reason for bumping:D Seeing as this thread has no DL anymore I uploaded it for Drivebymaster. SO I figure it would also be wise to post it here also.

and without further delay:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/B1B.zip

EDIT: Finially a use for this damn smiliey: :bump: :bump: :p

just incase u change the mod later on the wings fold outmuch further than that otherwise its a gr8 mod

Top Bottom