Military Department - Term 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon02

General
This is the Third Term Military Department Thread.

Here we discuss and lay down the Military Policies and actions of Pheonetica.

Term 2 Military Department Thread

The Crusaders fully supported Falcons Military Politics. We hopefully also get support by the Millitary for our Crusade!

I don't think we should provoke war with anyone, however should war with the Iroqious come, I will make the cities desired by the Crusaders a priority.

I feel that it may be a good idea to plan for any war with the Iroquois so that if war does come we are already well prepared for it. Also have we now concluded our other wars (aztecs,etc), and does any body feel that china is still a threat.:eek:

Is somebody going to post a screen shot of the game soon. The game doesn't work when I download it so I rely on these screen shots.

Yes, I do believe that China is small, close, yet a threat, and those lands would be very nice to assimilate to our noble Civilization. We'd have more places to rush cultural improvements, and if we're going for a cultural victory that would be a wise choice, if otherwise they'd put pressure on nearby cities and we'd just continue to grow, bad corruption maybe, but they should do fairly well.

As far as corruption goes I personaly don't see that much of a problem in it. Ok we may lose most of our income and production in those cities to corruption but we are still picking up cold and production that we otherwise wouldn't have. Also as the AI only counts the amount of units that we have in total (and doesn't divide by the number of cities) we could have a weak military compared to the amount of cities but the AI would still think of us as strong. Bring on China!

After having a look at the amount of territory that China has I can only assume that its economy isn't large enough for them to have a big enough military force to defeat us. Also if we did capture China I don't think that corruption, etc wuld be that much of a problem (compared to many of the cities in our territory anyway).

I also think that they will not attack us (as China cannot have a big enough army to challenge our position). So any warmongers out there: if we are going to take out China we are going too have to make the first move.

Perhaps we should wait a while, until say, we have cavalry or we have tanks, perhaps take out some with Cavalry, and finish it up with tanks and then take the rest of the world (or a bit) and this is very peculiar that I'm requesting war, but it is for culture anyways.

IF we pursue war I feel Cavalry is very important (even if we wait for other's to declare war). I would love to take China, for the reasons stated, but the established policy of Pheonatica has been one of keeping our Rep. as clean as possible, which includes not attacking first.

Regardless, a Declaration of War (unless they're the aggressors) can only be called for by a citizen's vote. (If it isn't in the constititution I think it should be).

Anyway, I do agree we need to be working more for preperations for an upcoming war, however our the CAP program seems to have prioirty in the minds of most.

Based on current policy, we will only declare war if we would be allying with another nation against a lower ranking nation in public opinion. We can, of course, re-examine our policy, if you like.

China ranks near the bottom in public opinion, so it may not be hard to get support for military action anyway. However, I like your proposal that we should wait until capable forces are available to make military action quick and effective.

China presents us with some interesting possibilities. There is Cumae - which appears to be heavily defended, but probably well worth taking so as to stabilize that section of the frontier. There is also a Chinese city (I forget the name) just north of our newly acquired Chondote - again this would make a very pleasing addition and consolidate our hold on this region. We may also consider a sea-borne invasion of the Chinese island. As for China proper, well I guess the option is simply keep pouring in attackers and they will eventually succumb.

NB. even though China is small compared to us the war would be costly in terms of gold and units, and also fairly long if we were to take all of China proper. A more limited campaign, which might be worth considering, would be to go on the defensive against the main Chinese forces from China proper, and just 'clean up' their outlying cities (as above) - this option would be quicker, cleaner and much less expensive.

Yes I've heard of the defencive stratergy. It involves sending your best defencive unit onto an excellent defencive postition just in side the enemy's boarders. What we could do is to send in some workers to fortify a postition in some mountains or hills. Then when they attack they waste their almostt their entire army. Also while they have been distracted by this we could launch a sea invasion and capture the northern most part of China. This would leave them with most of their units dead from attacking the defencive postition we held and the rest of thier units fighting a war on two fronts.:goodjob:

is it allowed for us to burn out an enemy with gpt? if we manage to get the iros and china to pay us gpt over their budget, they will declare war on us. this would then not be against our foreign policy. but should be voted on, of course.

England can't be that large, it is probablly just learning knights, I say we take England and thier supposed luxery too!

Plexus, the thing is we don't know where England is YET. Maybe once we see them and find exactly what kind of condition they're in (cause their tech could be supplied by other AI's) then we can talk about conquering them.

Also, I'm not opposed to using gpt to get war, but it's a matter that will have to be voted on and we first need to make sure our military up to date and stronger before we attempt to get anyone to declare war on us. Also, as you said, any action taken with the intent of starting war needs to go to a citizen vote.

I also think that most of China's Offensive forces are down at Cumea (concidering the massive stacks there). So I think that if we do decide to prepare for war with China we should construct fortresses down with Muskets to help give them some shooting practice when such a war starts. :)

right falcon. maybe you should spawn a separate thread for citizen discussion to develop a defense plan. or we could pre-develop an offensive plan for each evil-nation we know (rated lowest on foreignaffairs-thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom