New Units: FokkerD7 and SPAD13

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Here are the last two of my WWI planes. I may return to them at a latter date, maybe a bomber or two (of course most of these were used to drop early bombs on the heads of the enemy so they could be used in that capacity). This zip includes the German Fokker D7 (some have said it was the best German plane of the war) and the French SPAD13... The bombing animation is just taken from the game as are the sounds. All other animations are original by me :)

Up next: I'm finishing up my half-done Veritech Fighter, then I'm going to start on a set of WWI Tanks.

Attachments

• wwiplanes_set3.zip
    218 KB · Views: 2,910
Here's a preview... the blue is civ specific, and the color schemes for all of my planes are taken from specific pilot's planes (most of them customized the colors)

Attachments

• fokker7-spad13.gif
    fokker7-spad13.gif
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,402
Great units, kinboat!!I like them a lot, specially the Fokker DVII.Yes, it was the best German fighter of the WWI.And the animation you've done is the plane of the German ace Rudolf Berthold!Cool!!:D
One question, what tanks are you going to create?
You have done a great work:goodjob:

First I'm making either the British Mark I or Mark IV, then maybe the French Renault FT17, German AV7, and American FORD1918 (even though they were never used in WWI)... Looking into it further it seems there is little outward difference between the Mark I through Mark V... it's only once you get to the Mark V* where they lengthened it a bit that you get a major shape change... So anything I make could be used for most of these versions... And I'm glad you like the planes, I couldn't find the pilot's name (it was cut off in the picture I used)... I thought of using the color scheme of Ernst Udet's Fokker, but it looked too much like a candy cane :)

I've noticed that site in recent days and while I don't have the money to download any of their models (or the program they are used in) I have been using their images in different angles as references for my tank models... And I've gotten two more ideas for units to make (after my veritech and wwi tanks) the Japanese Kha-Go tank, and the German Panzermorser SturmTiger... These are pretty far into the future though... First things first :)

Nice job, Kindboat!!!!

I'm going to include these units in my mod as well :) They just look so clean!!! Really, looking forward to see your WWI tanks!

Top Bottom