New Unit Renault FT17

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
A French tank from WWI... 2 crew, a gunner and a driver... If you have any ideas for stats why not post for the world to see :)

Attachments

• renaultft17.zip
    391.5 KB · Views: 2,034
Preview time!

Attachments

• renaultft17.gif
    renaultft17.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 3,768
kinboat,

this looks awesome! I think it would fit in nicely at Combustion, which could give you enough time to take advantage of it before the WW2 tank becomes available, depending on how you go through the tech tree.

Really nice job! :goodjob:

:goodjob: :goodjob: This is even better than your MKIV!!!

The stats for the FT 17 should be A: 7 D: 6 M: 1

For your British MKIV(male) A: 8 D: 7 M: 1

:lol: Love the wobly animation!

Absolutely brilliant work - I can't wait to see this rolling around the countryside :)

It's going in the DyP mod right away - just so you know, Kinboat.

:goodjob:

Awesome unit, kinboat. excellent. All your WWI tanks I get available with Replaceable Parts (this is some kind of WWI tech, with the Infantry & the Artillery). The stats I use is Attack 8 Defense 6 for the Mark IV, and Attack 7 defense 5 for the Renault (The mark IV little better, it has 2 cannons & more armor).
Excellent work!! And i like a lot these sounds!!Please post some of them in the sounds thread! :king: :goodjob:

Well look at the attack and death animations... that should lower your opinion :) I'm having trouble with the smoke and flame effects... I'm particularly proud of the movement, which is why I chose that one for the preview :) Showing the best side and all...

I tend to cheat a little with the explosion effects, using 2d explosions over the 3d animation. Iv'e been working on incresing the use of 3d explosions, but I'm not sure how much of the alpha blending palette is divided between smoke and shadow. So I can't get subtle enough effects.
Personaly I quite like the renault death ani, Most WWI tanks ended quite unspectaculy with injured/dead crewmen broken engine/drive train parts.

What I do for the shadows and now the smoke effects is something I borrowed from you Smoking Mirror... I change the palette for the shadow colors to darker pink (Which I heard you mention somewhere on these boards) and i then change the smoke palette colors to lighter pink... Then when I make a smoke cloud I make it semi-transparent... I just recently started this and it's made my job so much easier. I can't thank you enough for mentioning how you did the shadows, it saves so much time... If you look at one of the FLC's for my AV7 you'll see how I've changed it... Thanks again :)

Thanks for the Bump Kal-el :)

This is indeed a great unit. I have added this, the AV7 and MKIV to my game as early tanks. Adds a whole new depth to the game. :cool:

sorry if this is slitely off-topic, but I really love your units and have no clue what so ever how to include them into my game ... :(
do I need a mod or something??

If you have the latest patch it's easier... First download the unit and unzip the file into a folder (name it what ever you want to call the unit in the game) Put this folder into the civ3 Arts/Units folder... Now you need to make sure that the INI file and the folder have the same name, change them both if you want to change the name of the unit in the game... for example... Folder Renault FT17 File Renault FT17.ini
Now go into the game editor and edit the rules, if you have the latest patch there will be an Add button under the units tab... type in whatever you called the folder and then edit the stats to whatever you want... I really don't do anything with the civilopedia entries so I just copy a similar unit's entry in that spot... there should be other tutorials online here telling you how to do that.

Superb!!! And just a note to the DYP powers that be... I would love to see this as part of your Mod.;)

Top Bottom