New Unit Modification Arabian Caravel

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
This is the original Caravel but with a civ-color Crescent on the sails instead of a cross... I'm sorry, I know I'm not supposed to just split a large file like this but I tried the file upload system and nothing loaded... Anyway that said you need both of these zips to use the unit, just creat a folder called Arabian Caravel and extract these files into it.

Attachments

• arabiancaravelpart1.zip
    317.8 KB · Views: 1,442
Here's part 2...

Attachments

• arabiancaravelpart2.zip
    348.9 KB · Views: 1,250
And here's a preview...

Attachments

• arabcaravel.gif
    arabcaravel.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 5,403
Nice touch!!!

Always thought the original one looked a bit too western for some nations.

does this unit use the original caravel sounds? (well i personally always thought that the caravel moving sound was too loud and annoying anyway) I would make it have quieter moving sounds, since it seems like the arabians would be more quiet and sleek. Mabey like i donno the privateer sounds (im not too familiar w/ them, just know that i hate the caravel sounds :) thats all, just an idea

Don't bump old threads. Especially if the question you want to ask would be better directed at someone else via PM. I'm sure there's someone on the forums who would be only too happy to make you a new sound. :)

Thanks,

The TMT

BTW, great unit Kinboat!

Corn Shucker,... you could change the .ini file for the Arabian
Caravel, which comes with the unit when you download it
to link to the Privateer instead of the Caravel.... simple scroll in
the .ini notepad file down to the "Sounds" section at the end
and change ..\caravel\..caravelrun.amb to
..\privateer\privateerrun.amb.

It's not necessary to resuscitate an ancient thread. :crazyeye: :goodjob:

how old is it? lol i didnt know how old it is, i followed a link to it. Sorry, I know i can change it, but i figured that it would be nice to have it changed for every1, but i didnt know it was really old.

I requested for the unit and I am happy I did and very grateful Kinboat listened and granted the request!

Many many thanks Kinboat!

Ever since you made this modification, I always use the unit in all my scenarios:)

Top Bottom