Kal-els DyP 180x180 Earthv 1.3

Kal-el

Deity
Here is a new map of the Earth that is DyP v 0.83 compatible. It can not be palyed with Regular Civ3, a link to that version can be found in my signature.

I have tried to place the resources as accurately as possible.

A CPF file is no longer needed for accurate civ placement.

A few quick notes:
The land to water ratio on this map is not earth accurate. In order to preserve the detail level I reduced the size of both the Atlantic and the Pacific. It is however impossible to cross either ocean with a Galley without The Great Lighthouse.

Europe has been stretched just a bit eastward into Asia in order to give those civs some more room and to cut down the Asian Advantage.

The British Isles and Japan are both a bit larger than they really should be but that was for gameplay and aesthetic purposes.

North America is bit bigger than it should be but, again, that was for game play reasons.

The Faroe Islands are a bit further over to the East than in real life to prevent an easy crossing to North America.

There are mountains in Greenland to prevent mass colonization of that region.

Also plains and grassland were interchanged where necessary to create a more accurate coastline.

Some areas of desert were made into plains if a river ran through it in order to pevent the mass food production of the floodplain syndrome.

here is the minimap image using Gramphos' CMT:

Attachments

• kal-els dyp 180x180 earth v1.8.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 670
Go here to see an image with a greater magnification so that you can see the details a bit better. The image is of version 1.2 of the map and since that point there have been some minor modifications to some mountain ranges and the forested areas were cut back a bit to allow for resource placement. But the 1.2 image gives you a very good idea of land mass and shape. Those were not changed.

I have also released a version of the map with the regular resources which you can get here. For those of you who would like to use this map as a base for your own mods I have released a clean version of the mod with no resources, no barbarians, no goody huts and no player start locations. You can get that version here.

Glad you like the Map. Remember it is currently only playable with the Double Your Pleasure Mod on account of a difference in Reources.

The Mini-Map is part of Gramphos' Multi-Tool.

Changes have been made to some of the resource placement. I have added a few more horse to Europe and the Americas (I know its not historically accurate, but it is neccessary for gameplay balance, if you don't like them it is easy to remove them.) I have also added a few more saltpeter around the map.

For those of you who have already downlaoded the map, I am sorry. I just discovered a flaw in the CPF file. It has been fixed and is included in the new zip file attached to the first post.

Sorry about that.

Nevermind, anyway the map looks great gameplay wise.

The map looks great and I love the DyP mod! The only thing that I've noticed wrong is that, when I use the correct placement tool to start everyone in their correct places, Japan ends up starting in Sweden! Is this a mistake, or did I do something wrong? This is version 1.15.

Edit: I think I found out what happened with Japan in that game. The Japanese people decided they wanted to settle some other place than where they started, but ran in to a mean ol' group of barbarians on the way and were killed. So, they restarted in Sweden...

Just a guess. Are any barbarians placed on Japan?

the map looks great :)

but how do i activate the historically correct placement of the civilisations?
i couldnt find it, sorry.

You download that CTP program. Once you've done that, go into the game and start a new game, and in this case, it would be the World Map. Once you've chosen everything you want, have the game start, and then save immediately. After that, go to where you put the CTP file when you unzipped it and double-click on CTP.exe. It will ask you for a savegame file, choose the one that you just saved in-game on the World Map. After that, it will ask you for a placement file, which should be in your Scenario folder with the map. After finding the placement file, it will then ask what to save the new game (with correct placement) as. Name it anything but what you originally saved the game as, so it doesn't have any problems. Then just load the game you just saved with the CTP.exe in Civilization III and you'll be ready to go, with correct placement! :)

Thanks Randy.

Also, there are instructions on how to use the C3MT and where to get it in the README file. :D I know people don't really read those things, but sometimes they have handy information. ;)

Top Bottom