New Unit: Dark Trooper

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
I am pleased to anounce that the Dark Trooper is ready for downloadThe Dark Trooper is ready for production. <-"Urk! The Dark Troopers are ready? Uhh quckly show them the pictures"

Please Click on the dark trooper picture to see a sample of the Darktrooperidle.flc->

Here is the readme

Readme v 1.01. Dark Trooper v 1.00
Author: Civfan01(A.K.A. CivGeneral)
Date Creation: June 17, 2002
Date Revision and Type: June 19, 2002 Readme Revision

Discription: This experimental tech level 3 rainged attack unit is more effective than strike mech at dispersing enemy infantry formations, and can detect units that are imperceptible to standard scans-units such as concealed jedi. -Star Wars: Galatic Battleground Manual pg 43

Thank you for downloading the Dark trooper add on for Civilization III.

In order to properly load this unit you must have the Dark trooper folder in your ...art/units directery where you instaled Civ III. I have also attached a Units_32.pcx for the Darktrooper Icon. Important, You must make a backup copy of units_32.pcx if you want to use the default or other custom units_32.pcx.

Tools used
Paint Shop Pro
MS paint
Flicster
DRS Viewer <- to extract the Unit

Licence & Copyright
You may add the Dark trooper Unit to your Scenario, You may add the Dark trooper icon in units_32.pcx to your unit icon collection as long as you give me credit for the time I taken to have this unit be playable in Civ III. If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions please post at eather the Apolyton Civilization III or Civilization Fanatics Forum.
Important corporate copy right from other games other than Fraxis: This Unit is taken from SW:GB. The Unit Itself is copyright by Lucasarts. I do not clame ownership of the original unit. I just clame ownership of the time spent to convert this unit to Civilization III.

Suggested Unit Stats

Class: Land
Shield Cost: 12
Moves: 2
Attack Str:23
Defense str: 19
Prerq Resources: Oil, Alummunium
Abilities: Blitz, Foot Solder, Radar, Starts Golden Age(If you want to have it a civ specific unit)
Prerq: Robotics
AI Stategies: Offensive
Standard Orders: All
Specal Actions: Load, Airlift, Pillage
Advalible to Civ: All (Unless you are planing to use it and not let the Computer use it against you naughty: )

Hope you enjoy the Dark Trooper. :D

Edit, June 19, 2002: Revisions on the Readme

Optional: The Units_32.pcx with the Dark Trooper icon. Remember to back up your original units_32.pcx

Edit: Revised Readme inside.

This is one is really cool I'm glad you got him to come out and play.:goodjob: Now I can perfect the stealth probe and get that stormtrooper I'm working on done.:D

OOOHHH!!! this guy!! I need to let the Aztecs know his wisdom, and fill thier land with smoke :flamedevi They better run through the jungle.

I have Revised the readme file.

"How many goats have been taken away?" <-:crazyeye:

Originally posted by CivGeneral
I have Revised the readme file.

"How many goats have been taken away?" <-:crazyeye:
:p goats?.........Have you ever had thier crazy cheese?:crazyeye:
It's the crushing of enemies and lamentations of the women:viking:

DRS Viewer.... does that have another name, I didn't see it on softseek, or do you mean extract like winzip extract? And if you didn't use a 3d program could you possibly give a short synopsis of your technique? I am sure wasn't easy but the unit looks great. Good job!

Originally posted by Neomega
DRS Viewer.... does that have another name, I didn't see it on softseek, or do you mean extract like winzip extract? And if you didn't use a 3d program could you possibly give a short synopsis of your technique? I am sure wasn't easy but the unit looks great. Good job!

you can get drs viewer on the star wars mod website

CivGeneral- can you post the sounds for the destroyer droid and the gungan trooper for me... the sounds don't work at all on my game

I found it a little big in game

Don't shoot at me :)
just a remark...

That's because they are big. It would be nice if someone could make a General Mohc Dark Forces level 3 dark trooper that uses the gun, shoots missiles, flies, etc. It would also be good if someone made a Kyle Katarn unit too.

Originally posted by hzm
That's because they are big. It would be nice if someone could make a General Mohc Dark Forces level 3 dark trooper that uses the gun, shoots missiles, flies, etc. It would also be good if someone made a Kyle Katarn unit too.

You might find the Phase 3 Dark Trooper and Kyle Katarn in Dark Forces. Unfortunately the frames are in a 2-D format, It would look odd seing an unit that is 2-D in an 3-D isometric enviroment :(. Since Dark Forces is an old game (Releaced in 1995), Runs on DOS, and webpages relating to mostly Dark Forces are eather closed or put there energy to Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. To extract a Dark Forces animation, you might need to get thoes Level Editors to extract them by (I dont remember since it was a long time I have played Dark Forces ;) )

Nice unit! :goodjob:

CivGeneral, Nice Unit...I made new Attack & Run sounds and Changed/Tweaked all others. Added Fidget and Fortify sounds altered from your sound. I made a new units_32.pcx file and the Large and Small .pcx files. The .ini file has been adjusted along with all sounds for timing. The Attack Sound will now match the Animation and the Run is the best I can make it without an amb file.
Size 171 KB...Get the Download here: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Dark_Trooper_Sounds,_pcx_files_and_ini.zip

Hope you like the changes. Enjoy

:)

Vuldacon - It looks good, thanks for the update. ITs is almost 1 year since I made that unit :). Heh, imagen how time flies when you are in the Demogame :).

Top Bottom