Barbarian Galley

Lab Monkey

Peace thru ultraviolence!
Well, Kryten sort of beat me to it, but I've had this unit knocking about for ages, and I wanted to use his unit for one of the civs. It's the basic galley with a new sail. Thanks to SpencerH for the firegalley attack. Also thanks to whoever made the Barbarian camp graphic with the skull and crossbones.

Attachments

• barbarian galley.zip
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,228
Here's a pic

Attachments

• barbgalleyrun.gif
    barbgalleyrun.gif
    33.4 KB · Views: 4,223
Ah, this is a MUCH better animation for a Pirate Galley then my feeble effort! :love:

If its ok with you, I'd like to change the name of my unit to "Persian Galley", then you could rename your unit "Pirate Galley" and use my Civilopeadia_Pirate_text as well if you want (I'll just stick with the standard Civ3 Civilopeadia_Galley_text).
I'll post a new zip file with my renamed unit tonight.

BTW, how do I change the title of my thread?

:goodjob:

I don't think that you can change a title of a thread, but I'll make the change in the unit library.

no need- really, it's supposed to be a pirate vessel, so only barbarians. Although, if you wanted a hidden-nationality galley...

Originally posted by nonnob3
I have gave the Privateer to barbarians in my game.
But now I can give them this unit!
Great job! :)

But a Privateer in the ancient times...that ship uses gunpowder cannons!!!!...you recently discover Map Making, build a Galley, and a barbarian Privateer frigate attacks it...oooops :crazyeye:

Originally posted by Pablostuka

But a Privateer in the ancient times...that ship uses gunpowder cannons!!!!...you recently discover Map Making, build a Galley, and a barbarian Privateer frigate attacks it...oooops :crazyeye:

Actually if I'm not wrong I believe any barbarian unit only appears after one civ has decovered the tech for it. Thus barbarian privateers SHOULD only appear after the discovery of magnetism. If this is true though, the human can manipulate this by giving the barbarians a late game unit and they would never be able to defend themselves early on.

How do you get a unit to appear only for the Barbarians? I added this unit and made it availavle only to Barbarian chiefdoms. I copied the stats exactly from the normal galley with the exception that I don't allow the Barbarian one to upgrade. Also on the galley unit I removed it's availability to Barbarians. However, when I load the scenario and play the Barbs still have the regular galley. (I also did the same for Clubman as Barbarian only substitue for Warrior but they still get regular warriors - any one know why?

Go to the general settings page, it lists the 3 units that the barbarians use (normal unit, advanced unit, sea unit). Alter these as well as only giving the unit to a barbarian chiefdom.

Originally posted by Lab Monkey
Go to the general settings page, it lists the 3 units that the barbarians use (normal unit, advanced unit, sea unit). Alter these as well as only giving the unit to a barbarian chiefdom.

Brilliant Thanks

I had to download this one. I've wanted unique looking barbs for a long time.

Nice work Lab Monkey. All of you guys are fantastic!

Has anyone made a barbarian warrior or horseman yet? :groucho:

It is unlikely that they exist. This is an old Cut n' Paste unit from waaaaaaaaaay back in the day and a lot of them did not have PCX files. The original Galley art would work, I suppose.

Aww man, what a tease. I just saw the last three posts and thought "Joe is back!!!". But alas.

Top Bottom