New Unit Japanese Kha-Go Tank

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
WW2 era tank... used mostly on the Asian mainland I would guess. I'm using this as a flavor unit, same stats as the Tank in the game, just replacing it for the Japanese.

Attachments

• khago.zip
    426.2 KB · Views: 2,581
Preview of the attack sequence...

Attachments

• khago_preview.gif
    khago_preview.gif
    78.1 KB · Views: 5,309
Very nice, Kinboat!

Another masterfully created unit! I added this to my game last week in anticipation of it being completed before I got to the Industrial Age. It's very cool looking!

Well I'm glad I could wrap it up before you got there... Otherwise you'd be fighting phantoms :)

Well, not exactly phantoms. Since I'm playing the Japanese, I would have been fighting using the Civ 3 tank, but called the Kha-Go. It just wouldn't have been the same, though. The Civ 3 tank is pathetic.

Well, if it isnt one great unit its another!!! Good job again it looks supurb.... The only problem is with all these great units coming out I dont get a chance to play anymore--keep having to edit another unit in.. But hey I can suffer... Thanks again Kinboat!!!:goodjob:

Yes may you suffer the pain of a thousand new units Muhahahaha... Wait that actually doesn't sound too bad :)

BUT: U can't go on like this :nono: - do you ever sleep during these severe attacks of "Civilitis" ???

Another Bootiful unit for the Japanese, should go well with the Imperial Marine (and the WWII Soldier that is currently under work) :goodjob: :king:

Well, I suppose I had better consider not sleeping anymore, just preparing for new units.. And I must agree with the comment above, where do you find time???...???... Your commitment is excellent...

Well... these three recent units I had almost finished last week, then I wrapped them all up at once. That's why I released them so fast... And I have few hobbies other than this :) except for Neverwinter Nights... This is starting to consume more of my free time :)

And rightly so.. If I may inquire, approximately how long does it take you to make a unit once you have conceptualized what you want to produce?.... I mean you must have been creating units for quite some time to produce such superior quality work. Thanks

Well, I could probably do a complete unit in a weekend... Although that would be a jam-packed weekend :) I don't remember when I posted my first unit... after a brief search it was April 28th of this year... so that's when I really started making units. I've been using the 3D program for 2 or 3 years now.

Actually the message doesn't seem to have shown up yet...

Kinboat: I was looking for info about this tank to create a civolopedia entry and have found hordes of information on a japanese tank called the ha-go, which looks pretty much the same tank to me.

Do you think this is just a translation issue? I cannot find anything about kha-go...

Ok seems the Kha-Go is the Ha-Go...

For anyone who is interested it seems the tank was called the Type 95 (very creative) and was renamed after the battle of Khalkin Gol in 1939. The tank was first issued in 1937.

I gather if it had been put to service in the european theatre it would have been a disaster, but it only really saw service in China where there was little opposition to tanks of any kind.

Here is the Civolpedia I came up with.Some of these pedia entries may seem a bit long but I have tested them all and they fit fine in the game. ;)

#PRTO_Khago
^
^
^The Kha-Go also known as the Ha-Go is the tank favoured by the Japanese during World War II.
^
^[Tanks] are fast-moving offensive units that can [attack multiple times] in a single turn and [withdraw]
from combat if they are losing (unless fighting another fast unit, of course).
^
^A city must have both $LINK<oil=GOOD_Oil> and $LINK<rubber=GOOD_Rubber> in its $LINK<Strategic Resource=GCON_ResourcesS> box to build tanks.
#DESC_PRTO_Khago
^
^
^The Japanese didn't embrace the tank, as they did not have the calvary tradition that the other countries had. In traditional Japan Calvary was used for reconnaissance in the mountainous countryside.
^
^After World War I the Japanese acquired several different foreign tanks (French Renault FT & NCI, and Britain's Vickers 6-Ton & Medium C). After analyzing them they began to develop light and medium tanks.
^
^In 1935 the Ha-Go begun to be issued. It became the most produced machine to the end of the Second World War. By 1937 Japan had approximately 1,060 tanks and 8 tank regiments.
^
^Very simple in manufacturing and repairs, the Ha-Go's main asset was its reliable suspension. The same suspension was used on all Japanese tanks of that period. Due to a shortage of petrol diesel engines were installed, actually making the Ha-Go more advanced than other countries in this respect.
^
^The crew of Ha-Go consisted of three persons (commander - gunner - loader, driver, mg-man). For the purpose of observation small slots which did not protect from bullets were used. Radio was absent, and for the purpose of negotiations a pipe was installed. Their was no mechanization of the turret, the commander turned it with the help of armed stops.
^
^The armaments were unusually placed as well, the gun was directed forwards, and the machine gun backwards, to the left. The tank was insufficiently armored, and in a close fight it had no protection from anti-tank weapons. During the war in China the Japanese used the tanks as mobile pillboxes, as the Chinese didn't have any antitank weapons to speak of.

Attachments

• khagocivolopedia.txt
    2 KB · Views: 204
Top Bottom